plykkegaard

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#332 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Nov 2020 18:09

Nice, almost as old as Metusalem though :D
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Bedavd

#333 Post by Bedavd » 27 Nov 2020 18:47

We have a significant amount of US 30 beyond the barriers at McCammon. I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't see it, but things can always be scrapped.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

flight50

#334 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2020 20:58

^Yeah your right. Its possible they could do something with that. Below is what I see North of Logan with US-89. No matter what, something has to tie US-89 and US-30 together to link Utah to Wyoming. Otherwise we have to go all the way down to I-84/I-80 just to enter or all the way up to US-26 to enter. US-30 is a nice short cut and detour route. Not linking those doesn't make a lot of sense. The entire Southeast of Washington before Idaho had that entire area under a mountain and things look hard to piece together. With massaging and work, the devs can make most things come together. But to save time, Option 3 or 4 is perhaps the best we can hope for. It gives the devs the most room to push Bear Lake East or skip it altogether and get more curvy roads in to get into Wyoming. Soda Springs may not make it but Montpelier should make it as scenic at least.

angrybirdseller

#335 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Nov 2020 21:20

With US-191 your allowed to skirt around Yellowstone is that correct, but at Moran you have to take the road towards Jackson. The Kemmer and Diamondville will likely be deliverable city of some small shop or industry since there no much around. Yellowstone delivery like the Grand Canyon would be nice to see.

flight50

#336 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2020 21:26

According to Rand McNally, yes. US-191 is the only legit road trucking thru YS but that is mainly because it has zero connecting roads as its really has little to do with the park itself. I think they as long as SCS post signs that its not allowed like they have been doing and leave it up to the player themselves to violate, that is no fault the devs. If you want to play by the rules, don't take the road. These illegal roads are time consuming to make. They are part of the game just like any other. But some of these routes are some of the most scenic in the US so I'm sure the devs would like the tourist part of the game to make it when possible. So I like their approach to roads like this.

russ99

#337 Post by russ99 » 28 Nov 2020 05:01

Did a speculative map based on some of the things they did for Colorado, keeping roads and full cities further apart and how nothing will connect to Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana.

I also did a loop for Yellowstone, since Old Faithful (on the far west edge of the loop) would then be on a road to nowhere, and it's doubtful they'll go into Montana for West Yellowstone and down to Idaho Falls. They only did that for Ontario, because it was a connection to existing DLC.

Here's the image:

flight50

#338 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2020 06:27

^The biggest miss on your map is WY-59. That road could be 50% of Wyoming's new industry to ATS. That is the only road that can bring the coal industry to the game. I see us getting 1-2 mines off that road. I'm assuming we won't get no more than 2 new industry's with Wyoming. So 50% is a lot, lol.

I also hope that SCS does not break up US-287 like you illustrated. That honestly wouldn't make much sense. 287 should stay intact. I'm hoping they don't miss CO-13 to WY-789 as well. That would be another nice shortcut to get to I-80. Everything else is feasible. But I'm hoping for a densier map than what you showed. Wyoming is even more wide open than what Colorado is and they jam packed the roads in it. Almost all of Wyoming US highways can fit along with a few state highways. But just because I think they fit, doesn't mean they will do it.

averyc2506

#339 Post by averyc2506 » 28 Nov 2020 08:30

i think that wy-28 has a shot too. just have the section between farson and lander and youre good to go. theres nothing really in the way of it, and it connects rock springs, evanston, and almost everything southwest of those places on i-15 a good opportunity to cut diagonally across the state.

with the riverton/lander area, one of them will be marked and the other will be scenic, no doubt about it

same with sheridan/buffalo. i think only one will get marked and personally, i think that one is sheridan. it looks much larger than buffalo on google maps. i can see buffalo being scenic for sure, since its at a major intersection
official hype train for california rebuild :)

MT269

#340 Post by MT269 » 28 Nov 2020 08:50

Regarding that concept map, it's not bad. But it would be convenient to have the (road) 28 from the 191 to 287 in WY. It's sealed, and it would provide a connection to Lander from Rock Springs (?) or whatever that town is near the bottom left of the image. For some reason, GE is keeping the name confidential.

The more backroads, the better in my opinion. Who wants endless corridor driving anyway?

Return to “General discussion about the game”