Wyoming Discussion Thread

IamTheOne

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#821 Post by IamTheOne » 18 Jan 2021 04:05

flight50 wrote:
18 Jan 2021 03:38

@IamTheOne I can somewhat agree with ads's map. I really hope US-85 makes it up the Eastern border. New Castle and Torrington will at least be scenic eventually. US-85 has a 50/50. There could also be something linking US-30 to I-25 like WY-34. The state roads are the hardest to determine though.
I'm all for more roads in-game, but I don't understand the point in having US85 included with Wyoming. If you're looking to travel from Fort Collins to Gilette, you would just have to travel along Interstate 25, and then Wyoming Highway 59. I could see some benefit if it were to fully connect to South Dakota, but even then the benefit is minimal; if US85 is ever put into American Truck Simulator, it will not be released along with Wyoming.

Onagerlinn

#822 Post by Onagerlinn » 18 Jan 2021 04:29

@IamTheOne I think Torrington will be in the game, which would mean US 85 is definitely in.

IamTheOne

#823 Post by IamTheOne » 18 Jan 2021 05:24

Onagerlinn wrote:
18 Jan 2021 04:29
@IamTheOne I think Torrington will be in the game, which would mean US 85 is definitely in.
Genuinely curious, what are you basing your statement on? Was there an image shared on a dev blog, or is there some file in the game that shows Torrington to be included in the upcoming Wyoming DLC?

I know that I’m sounding harsh, but just because you want the city in-game doesn’t mean that you’re going to get it. I would like to have a finished New Mexico road network so that I can properly travel around the state, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen.

fra_ba

#824 Post by fra_ba » 18 Jan 2021 05:52

rbsanford wrote:
18 Jan 2021 00:52
the closest match to pic 2 I've found was here on US 191, just south of the south entrance of Yellowstone. It doesn't match completely: the mountains in the screenshot look somewhat similar but are further away and the road curves much more and has a high cut, but it's the closest I could find.

Pic 4 has been bugging me. That butte looks a lot like Roundtop Mountain, but there isn't any crossing of the Bighorn where this view could be possible. I think it could be where US 20 crosses the Bighorn just upstream from the Wind River Canyon.
This is what I've found for Pic 2, does not exactly look the same but could be another potential location for that shot:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.419232, ... 328!8i1664
Guessing Pic 4 is somewhere near Pic 2 location along us287 stretch!

flight50

#825 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2021 06:51

IamTheOne wrote:
18 Jan 2021 05:24
Genuinely curious, what are you basing your statement on? Was there an image shared on a dev blog, or is there some file in the game that shows Torrington to be included in the upcoming Wyoming DLC?

I know that I’m sounding harsh, but just because you want the city in-game doesn’t mean that you’re going to get it. I would like to have a finished New Mexico road network so that I can properly travel around the state, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen.
There doesn't have to be anything to base our thoughts on. Its no more than speculation than your thoughts or ads678. His map is not official by any means. When dlc's release, he updates his to reflect what SCS does. That's why the current states on his map are accurate. Sure there are roads we all want that may not come. That's a given. Its no different than you saying it won't be there though. One thing you may not realize that we've been talking about for the past several months, is that even scenic towns are starting to get depots now. SCS could continue this trend all over the map. US-85 is very similar to US-385 in Colorado in regards to riding the Eastern border. Burlington and Lamar are involved in that routing. US-85 has Torrington and New Castle as the major towns that would need US-85. US-26 more than likely continues into Nebraska. Torrington could get a depot and tagged to Cheyenne. Just like Limon,Co depots got tied to Denver.

New Castle, if not marked, could get a depot tagged to Gillette. Sundance has a slim chance at being mapped but New Castle could get tagged to it as well. US-85 is about route options. For me, the best thing that can happen for Wyoming is roads. Doesn't mean my statement is true, but it doesn't mean it false either. Wyoming has a lack of large cities so make up for it with roads. By no means does this mean that is what SCS will do though. But nothing wrong with mentioning US-85 can come with Wyoming. US-85 coming as an extension road doesn't make much sense to come later. Who gets it. Nebraska or South Dakota. Eventually both those states will come but SCS can't split US-85 between two states. Doesn't make much sense to do so.

US-85 is about thinking ahead for the next connecting state. What about beyond Gillette to the East? It makes more sense than I-25 and WY-59 to get from Western Colorado, Western Wyoming and New Mexico to places like Scottsbluff, NE or Rapid City, SD. US-385 could continue from Colorado but that's a huge gap between I-25/WY-59 and US-385. Towns between that gap can come with Nebraska and South Dakota. US-85 splits that and provides an alternate. The Great Plains should be much denser with roads compared to the Western states. The terrain we have on the menu now is much friendlier to get this density with the mountainous area on a decline.

New Mexico wise, where is your proof that more roads will not come? Your statement could be false there but its your opinion that you are entitled to. Once the rebuild team goes thru California, then Nevada and Arizona, what's to say they won't brush thru paid dlc's to polish them up. Each paid dlc' has roads that an get added.

Onagerlinn

#826 Post by Onagerlinn » 18 Jan 2021 07:55

@IamTheOne I have nothing to base it on other than my own personal hunch. Torrington is kind of a large town (by Wyoming standards) and fills in a hole on the eastern side of the map. US 85 and US 16 from Ranchettes ==> Torrington ==> Newcastle ==> Moorcroft makes a nice clean eastern border for the state. I think we'll see all of that in the DLC, but if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

flight50

#827 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2021 08:07

^Agreed. If US-85 isn't there, its just not there but nothing wrong with validating it.

LPS

#828 Post by LPS » 18 Jan 2021 11:12

A quick search for Němec I found David Němec - Map DLC Leader was a Map Designer worked on:, "ATS DLC OREGON - Medford city and surroundings, ATS DLC UTAH - Cities of Provo and Cedar City, US-89 and ATS DLC IDAHO - Cities of Pocatello and Idaho Falls".

harishw8r

#829 Post by harishw8r » 18 Jan 2021 11:22

Davido vs Nemiro fight near Tremonton ... it all makes sense now :lol:
:idea: Paint everything black!
Screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS
Personal blog

ThatWeirdTrucker

#830 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 18 Jan 2021 12:09

LPS wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:12
A quick search for Němec I found David Němec - Map DLC Leader was a Map Designer worked on:, "ATS DLC OREGON - Medford city and surroundings, ATS DLC UTAH - Cities of Provo and Cedar City, US-89 and ATS DLC IDAHO - Cities of Pocatello and Idaho Falls".
I just inspected cities that he supposedly worked on, they're kind of impressive so it makes sense why he's a map DLC leader now.

Return to “General discussion about the game”