Wyoming Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#901 Post by Xaagon » 25 Jan 2021 19:38

MT269 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:46
Is Wyoming semi-arid in places?
Yes. They have a bit of a desert in the south central portion of the state. Basically that empty area just north of I-80 from Rock Springs to Rawlins.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.132253, ... 312!8i6656

ThatWeirdTrucker

#902 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 25 Jan 2021 19:44

IamTheOne wrote:
25 Jan 2021 04:50
The problem is that the logic around a lot of gaps in the road network, according to SCS, is that they haven't been updated because not enough of the playerbase is asking for the finishing touches.

I do agree that it's a stupid excuse, but at the end of the day we don't really have a say in the matter as players. There are plenty of roads in this game that unfortunately suffer due to this logic.
"Asking for the finishing touches" eh?

I say we start nagging SCS about making "finishing touches" then

clifflandmark

#903 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Jan 2021 20:02

missing roads' possible cause is 1:20 scaling.if it's not 1:1, there'll always be missing roads, but I think 1:1 is toooo much for all US. 1:1 is only make sense when you make a "City Transport Simulation". For example delivering cargos inside San Fransisco. If SCS is not updating road network because of not enough playerbase ( Idk if they said this ), this is an "artificial" excuse. A customer always expects more.

IamTheOne

#904 Post by IamTheOne » 25 Jan 2021 20:04

ThatWeirdTrucker wrote:
25 Jan 2021 19:44
IamTheOne wrote:
25 Jan 2021 04:50
The problem is that the logic around a lot of gaps in the road network, according to SCS, is that they haven't been updated because not enough of the playerbase is asking for the finishing touches.

I do agree that it's a stupid excuse, but at the end of the day we don't really have a say in the matter as players. There are plenty of roads in this game that unfortunately suffer due to this logic.
"Asking for the finishing touches" eh?

I say we start nagging SCS about making "finishing touches" then
What do you think that I've been trying to do for the last 4 years, since New Mexico's release?

People on other sites like Youtube and Reddit are completely oblivious to the stunted road network. Try mentioning the gaps in the road network, and they'll reply by telling you that SCS "cares", and that we should be more grateful that they're "not like" other developers.
clifflandmark wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:02
missing roads' possible cause is 1:20 scaling.if it's not 1:1, there'll always be missing roads, but I think 1:1 is toooo much for all US. 1:1 is only make sense when you make a "City Transport Simulation". For example delivering cargos inside San Fransisco. If SCS is not updating road network because of not enough playerbase ( Idk if they said this ), this is an "artificial" excuse. A customer always expects more.
I doubt that they didn't complete US60, just because of the 1:20 scale

flight50

#905 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2021 20:17

I'm expecting US-14 with Cody marked and Greybull as scenic for sure whether YS is there or not. If we get a deadend, there is nothing we can do. A gap from US-191 @US-26 to Cody would look like a like a poor map design. Its just hard to not see that road filled in when we have other roads like it in the game. Therefore, it would be nice to continue West on US-14 and go around Yellowstone Lake for a scenic view as it connects up to US-191. View 1, View 2, View 3. There are definitely much better views in the game but none will get us into YS. Maybe we encounter several spots like this in which which we can deliver road construction equipment and materials. This make 2 locations I have seen road work in YS. A delivery for a Butimen depot as well as random event. We already have this light for random events already so it would be a perfect fit. When you get stopped, look around look around. There should be some scenery to admire.

Cody has enough industry to be marked for sure though. I can't unsee in not marked. There's Walmart (Wallbert), Tractor Supply, Albertson's (we need a true grocer) and Bomgaars make it a (Farmers Barn). There is also a Gypsum and Ceiling facility on the far North Side of town that could be a Plaster & Sons or a new company name. For Cody, we'd only need a solid 3-4 depots to validate its presence. Not too big but not Tonopah small either.

Trakaplex

#906 Post by Trakaplex » 26 Jan 2021 15:18

For towns, I was principally talking here about between Worland and Buffalo - Ten Sleep, which might make it as small and scenic. As long as if they add the Buffalo Bill Reservoir and the tunnel between Yellowstone and Cody, I am okay. A lot of you guys are talking about Yellowstone, it'd be quite funny to see the geysers with steaming special effects. And in many parts, semis are prohibited. Now, let's go west. US-20 is in the Idaho Falls, currently. As seen on a sign, it will probably connect Rexburg and West Yellowstone.

ThatWeirdTrucker

#907 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 26 Jan 2021 15:23

We might not get US-20 through Rexburg and West Yellowstone until Montana because SCS will make the excuse that it goes through Montana even though it's there for 5 miles.

Shiva

#908 Post by Shiva » 26 Jan 2021 16:06

Rexburg? I have zero hopes for that place.
West Yellowstone, will it come when Wyoming comes? Maybe, maybe not.
Might depend a lot on if If Yellowstone gets in with Wyoming, or with Montana release, or not at all.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

flight50

#909 Post by flight50 » 26 Jan 2021 20:26

Rexburg could be scenic at best but yeah, I think US-20 is a Montana thing too. If we get Yellowstone, it won't be accessible on US-20 until Montana comes.

Onagerlinn

#910 Post by Onagerlinn » 26 Jan 2021 22:36

@ThatWeirdTrucker West Yellowstone has a case for being a marked city in Montana, even if US 20 only passes through for just a few miles.

Return to “General discussion about the game”