Wyoming Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1031 Post by Shiva » 05 Feb 2021 03:14

Bedavd, I think you are right.
Utah/Idaho roads spoiler route. All checkpoints confirmed. Road between 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 not all completed/outside ingame map sectors.

Idaho/Wyoning roads spoiler route.
Checkpoint 1 not in ingame sector, but I am quite sure of it. The rest, are ingame.

Cheyenne area spoiler. Well, not really a spoiler.

1.40, is not the Wyoming patch. 1.41, that might very well be it tho.

We do not have any more map sectors ingame in 1.39, compared to what we have in 1.40Beta.
Atleast what I can see.
US-287 between Fort Collins and Laramie? So far no new development on in. Future will tell if it will get ingame or not.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Trakaplex

#1032 Post by Trakaplex » 05 Feb 2021 04:22

Why do you all seriously keep saying Rexburg would have a zero chance of coming? US-20 will be in a chunk if that was the case. How would you be able to drive from Idaho Falls to Cody? That is literally a small chunk of highway. We could see West Yellowstone as well as Ashton.

flight50

#1033 Post by flight50 » 05 Feb 2021 07:54

^Only Shiva has said zero chance of Rexburg as far as I know. Its no more than speculation that some of us think it can show up. Same with Ashton and WYS. If we do get YS in the game, the route to make is thru WYS via US-20 to US-14 to get to Cody.

Shiva

#1034 Post by Shiva » 05 Feb 2021 15:35

Why am I saying no Rexburg?
Well. space issues.
Idaho Falls garage, that is at the Rexburg's dot ingame.
At Idaho Falls, ingame, on US-20, from I-15 to Idaho Canal, the 1 just northeast of US-20, exit 310. That distance from the Canal towards Montana border, would be the minimum distance needed to have Rexburg ingame.
And if Rexburg in size similar to Salmon. Then Rexburg couid take about this space IRL. And that is the same as 2x US-20, exit 310's ingame.
It could be possible to squeese Rexburg in, but I doubt they would do it.
And if they do, only exit, I think could be possible to include, would be US-20, exit 333.
Well, they could always push cities, towns and roads farther north.

Rexburg to Idaho Falls on the background map correspondens to these locations ingame.
Current northeast end of US-20 in Idaho, if looking either with developer view, or ingame map, IRL location is here.

Would I want this road added to the game? YES!

What I want and what I believe, does sadly not go hand in hand.
I would happy if SCS proved me wrong, regarding Rexburg.
Rexburg as functional, highly doubt it. Rexburg as scenery with 1 exit? doubt it, but I would love it.
Ah yeah, this the Wyoming thread.

WY-22/ID-33, from Jackson WY to Rexburg ID?
Checking it in the 1.40Beta, it looks like it will be only a scenery exit from US-191. The intersection itself is not ingame for us.

Evanston WY/I-80 and Montpelier. WY-89 seems not to be an option, due to how close Evanston would be to Bear Lake in Idaho.
US-30 or US-189 from I-80, if Rock Springs a functional city, it should be, right? then only 1 of those 2 can go north from I-80, I think.
US-191 will be in game, that I am sure of, from Idaho border, to atleast Moran WY.
US-189, ingame or not? or ingame from US-30 and north?
US-30, could be more likely? or?

US-30/US-189 interchange to Montpelier. Less likely route? Possible route?
US-30 to US-89 shortcut? This could have been a nice way to make Montpelier a scenery town for a new Utah-Idaho connection.

flight50, US-89 Alpine WY, to Montpelier ID. I think it will show up, or am I too optimistic regarding that route?

Hmm, how long have I been writing this post? editing, writing, checking google maps, checking the ATS Map editor and other stuff? And doing even more if it. :)

Oh, I forgot.

Trakaplex, US-20 north from Idaho Falls? Yes! But Rexburg itself? Not at all sure about it, sadly. Maybe, maybe as scenery? Maybe.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.

heroictrucker

#1035 Post by heroictrucker » 05 Feb 2021 17:25

May I suggest on something here Shiva

Why don't they add ID-28 from salmon to ID-33

From ID-33/28 to I-15 interchange

From I-15 interchange to US-20 interchange

Make a new interchange at I-15/ID-33 Salmon/Rexburg Exit 143

They have too add a weight station there too also

Make a new interchange at US-20/ID-33 Salmon/Rexburg Exit 333

Trakaplex

#1036 Post by Trakaplex » 05 Feb 2021 18:23

Well, we can only state that both Rexburg and West Yellowstone both appear on the sign of the I-15/US-20 exit. And many towns on signs do arrive in game.

I think they will probably move Rexburg up north, omitting Ashton. That would do the trick. ID-33 would pretty much be in that cut portion of the map, hitting I-15.

flight50

#1037 Post by flight50 » 05 Feb 2021 18:30

If Rexburg does come, its nothing more than scenic to me. Unless SCS makes 1 remote depot and tags it to Idaho Falls. But for me, no accessible exits. Make it a pass thru town, we just need the scenery. I'm not so sure that it won't fit though. Below is the dev cam view of where the current road ends. It goes out pretty far imo. I wouldn't exactly rule out US-20 not making Wyoming just yet. When 1.41 ob comes and this scene is more polish, its coming with Wyoming more than likely. Worst case though, give us St. Anthony. Its smaller and a little further North. The signs can always change on map. SCS has been known to push cities off the mark a little and adjust signs to match. Its 1:20 scale so not everything can be accurate. One thing for sure is that between Idaho Falls and W Yellowstone, we need at least one scenic town to break up the scenery. US-20 seems to have good distance from US-26 that will make Wyoming. I just wouldn't rule out US-20 and a scenic town to W Yellowstone right now.

No matter what, US-20 will make the with Wyoming or with Montana. So SCS will have to pass thru this area eventually. We'll see what the future holds. But it would be nice to not go from Idaho Falls straight to W Yellowstone by only seeing trees and roadway. The viewpoint marker can represent Rexburg, Sugar City or St. Anthony. Doesn't matter to me. Just add something.

There is just too much distance to not put anything though. That is 100+ miles. Ashton is the midpoint and is the perfect scenic town. But pushing Rexburg or St. Anthony a tad North does give more space too. So if push comes to shove, do St. Anthony instead. Is more realistic to push North vs Rexburg.

KieranMonday

#1038 Post by KieranMonday » 06 Feb 2021 11:28

There are some pretty good additions to Wyoming in the borders of the state!

MRX911

#1039 Post by MRX911 » 06 Feb 2021 11:40

Just going to add this, just because you see roads that aren't in 1.40 on the sectors available to the public eye, remember the following :

Wyoming isn't even greyed out and still most likely work in progress for another 4-5 months and what you see in 1.40 OB may be different in 1.41 OB.

The main reason for that? Look back at 1.38, the US-160 section of 4 corners didn't exist even though you could see closest intersection in Chimney Rock which was featured in the first Colorado teaser video.
Last edited by MRX911 on 06 Feb 2021 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Shiva

#1040 Post by Shiva » 06 Feb 2021 13:19

flight50, your map. Idaho Falls Garage ingame is at Rexburg.
The screenshot road end is at Ashton.
If West Yellowstone would stay where it is, then the unmapped space would be this.
There is a limit on how far West Wyoming can be pushed nort and that limit is quite small, I would say. Atleast if US-191/US-287 split north of West Yellowstone is in.
US-287 to MT-87/ID-87 to US-20 would make it possible to push it slightly more north, until it looks odd.

@heroictrucker ID-28/ID-33. I-15 weigh station? and then maybe to Rexburg?
That is the 1 I do wish for. I'll copy the link again here, from my previous post. Here.

Should I maybe not use url + name tags for url's? And instead show the full URL?
Moran
vs
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.7836348 ... 696,10.25z

Might add a screenshot to this post or another later.

/edit: Adding that screenshot/map Paint edit.
How/where Yellowstone, West Yellowstone, Rexburg roads could possibly go?
Jackson marker on Gregory Lane. Alpine marker at Alpine Junction.
Idaho marker is where truck was parked on US-20.
WY_ID_MT .jpg
Yeah, my paint skills when tired, are not good at all.
Rexburg as scenic? Changed from No to maybe.
Yellowstone, I think it will be ingame, sooner or later.
If/when SCS makes/releases a bus simulator add-on, then Yellowstone and other National Parks will be excellent destinations.
Same could be for the viewpoints added. Destinations for passengers.

Return to “General discussion about the game”