Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1081 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2021 20:07

Yeah no doubt 1.41 will bring new or polished extension roads for the Wyoming dlc. What dlc's roads will come with don't affect most of us because we will buy all the dlc's so we get them no matter what. We are probably about 3-4 months out from seeing more work in these extension road areas.

We could get a Wyoming blog this week. I'd kinda be surprised if we don't see both Iberia and Wyoming this week. Iberia because its getting closer once 1.40 goes live and Wyoming because it needs to start creating a little more hype. Ideally a blog every 2 weeks for well developed dlc's are typical. Otherwise, its every 3-4 weeks. No matter what the next Wyoming blog is gonna be, I think I'll be excited to read it as long as its not one of those history blogs. So industries, new trailer types, new prefabs, landmarks....something along those lines would be nice to see.

Trakaplex

#1082 Post by Trakaplex » 08 Feb 2021 21:03

What happened to Cheyenne? There is literally nothing but the I-25/I-80 cloverleaf and the Walmart distribution center west of town... :lol:

Or am I thinking they're moving from west to east?

flight50

#1083 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2021 21:07

Its still w.i.p. More than likely, they have it hidden or locked to Wyoming dlc and not with the current sector.

Trakaplex

#1084 Post by Trakaplex » 08 Feb 2021 21:12

I was suspecting west to east. These cities like Gillette have not been leaked yet, but Devils Tower has. I think they are working on Cheyenne still hence why it hasn't appeared in any blog post. I was thinking the capital would be one of the first cities they would be working on. Note how all these other cities in the Yellowstone region appear complete. :/

Shiva

#1085 Post by Shiva » 08 Feb 2021 22:32

Cheyenne?
What is in, is shared with northern Fort Collins. They are in the same map sectors.
I would guess that they finish off the map sectors shared with other DLC's last?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

flight50

#1086 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2021 22:49

Well, the Walmart distribution Center is in for Cheyenne. That was kinda a no brainer. Looks pretty good too. Everything in the quarand of I-25 and I-80 is to be determined. We do have the we Port of entry, we have the Southeast Wyoming Welcome Center, the Loves truck stop before I-80. They managed to get a lot more in from Ft. Collins to I-80 than I expected. North of I-80, it appear that they are going to get us a steel prefab. Perhaps that is "High Plains Steel Supply".

Xaagon

#1087 Post by Xaagon » 08 Feb 2021 23:07

Shiva wrote:
08 Feb 2021 22:32
I would guess that they finish off the map sectors shared with other DLC's last?
Why would they do that? Is it to keep us from devcamming in there and spilling all the secrets?

I looked ahead and found no additions to US-287 and proclaimed on this board that it would not be connecting Fort Collins to Laramie. SCS, please make a liar of me and add this. You know you want to... :)

Wyoming is a bit unique in that its capital city is very close to a border. I think this is the first time SCS has run into this. Carson City is very close to California, but the game launched with both California and Nevada already included. Oregon has its largest city right on a border, but it came before Washington so nobody got a sneak peek before they were ready to reveal it.

flight50

#1088 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2021 23:56

The capital of Wyoming is only close because of the direction the map is being built. If Montana came first, then Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico....the capital wouldn't matter. But It will be the shortest distance I'd have to travel from capital city garage to the newest dlc's capital garage if I want to keep my tradition going.

As far as finishing adjoining sectors last, I can't say. There is no proof behind that. I don't think they are worried about dev camming though. If they did, they could lock or hid everything. It sparks interest and lets the devs know that people are always anticipating work they do when we dev cam. The bread crumbs are not enough to spoil everything for a new dlc. The visible work in sectors only tell a very small portion most of the time. Even with Colorado, we only got to see so much. Its the most we have seen for any dlc coming but there still wasn't enough to spoil the entire state.

interstate trav

#1089 Post by interstate trav » 09 Feb 2021 06:07

I’m wondering how much of the 90 they will have

angrybirdseller

#1090 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Feb 2021 06:33

Cheyenne will be pass thru especially going from San Francisco to Denver or Salt Lake City. With I-90 they will push the far Sundance with US-14 splits off Carlile Junction with WY 24 going to Hulett. They could push it as East as exit 199 to WY 111 Aladdin but I doubtful it will end in Sundance with I-90. With I-90 on the Montana side think it will be exit 9 in Ranchester where US-14 heads west. I notice US-14 and I-90 are cosigned in spots in Wyoming think like east side of Colorado you will like Wyoming plains as well. The taste of Black Hills and Sturgis will have to wait for South Dakota.

Return to “General discussion about the game”