Wyoming Discussion Thread

dkasper00

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2551 Post by dkasper00 » 25 Jun 2021 05:24

Spotted an American Lines trailer and a Goliath trailer on I70 tonight, never saw these 2 company names in game, has to be something to do with Wyoming. So yeah, 1.41 will have Wyoming.

[ external image ]
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Bedavd

#2552 Post by Bedavd » 25 Jun 2021 06:09

Trailer liveries for three new companies were added with the latest updated as dk00? mentioned. I'll place them in a spoiler tag below.

American Lines:
[ external image ]

Goliath:
[ external image ]

Johnson & Smith Railroad Construction:
[ external image ]

Glad to see it American Lines made the game as a distinct company and I hope all "Rail Export" depots are updated with a less generic name.
Goliath seems like it's probably a locomotive/rail car manufacturer, but I think it also might be a company similar to HMS Machines... maybe or newest parallel company like Coastline/NAMIQ?
Johnson & Smith's logo I like a lot! Though the rest of the trailer kinda loses me. The design looks great but it feels a little more on the silly side for me, but that's just personal taste at the end of the day.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Tristman

#2553 Post by Tristman » 25 Jun 2021 06:28

Glad to see these trailers, it looks like the railroad industry is going to be good.

Regarding WY-22, I doubt it will connect to Idaho. I think it’s more likely to function as a road that leads to a farm or forestry depot for Jackson.
harishw8r

#2554 Post by harishw8r » 25 Jun 2021 06:28

Yeah Goliath should be for HMS Machinery and hopefully Johnson and Smith for Rail Export. American lines?
Evil_Jason

#2555 Post by Evil_Jason » 25 Jun 2021 06:48

I am a little bit in doubt that WY will come with 1.41.

Normally, if a map DLC is about to come (both ATS and ETS2) the area of it changes from black backfround to the grey background. I have seen this with Colorado at 1.39OB and Iberia with 1.40OB.

As we are now at 1.41OB WY still has the black background. I was hoping it to be grey already but it still isn't.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
MRX911

#2556 Post by MRX911 » 25 Jun 2021 07:02

There are 2 sides on whether Wyoming releases on 1.41 or 1.42 :

On the one hand, you have weekly blogs which is a pattern that the release date is approaching, you also have border sectors looking ready, new companies and various assets in the map editor.

On the other hand, Wyoming is not greyed out but has a name, which is a first, Iberia in 1.39 and Colorado in 1.38 (back when you saw bordering sectors but not all such as 4 corners) were simply pitch black with no name. We also had no steam achievements thus far as well no gameplay video or stream yet. We also had no new ownable trailers in 1.41 even though clearly cattle prefabs are here since Colorado and they keep mentioning Cattle without acting on it.

Either way, I don't care if it's delayed, do we really want a huge black hole at the spot of Yellowstone and Cody just like Southeastern Utah? No, I'd rather wait for more polished content.

But SCS recently also likes to surprise us so who knows?
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
dkasper00

#2557 Post by dkasper00 » 25 Jun 2021 07:06

If the trailers are appearing is a sign though that it is going to release sometime not too long after the version that is in Open Beta goes live. The same thing happened with Washington with the Darwing trailers.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Tristman

#2558 Post by Tristman » 25 Jun 2021 07:29

harishw8r wrote: 25 Jun 2021 06:28 Yeah Goliath should be for HMS Machinery and hopefully Johnson and Smith for Rail Export. American lines?
I think American Lines for Rail Export, and Johnson & Smith as a new industry (rail production/train production?)
Vinnie Terranova

#2559 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 25 Jun 2021 07:38

@Evil_Jason maybe SCS just need more time to fix bugs with Convoy mode? On the other hand we are still missing a few blogs: Cheyenne, Gameplay Video. But if those are the only blogs to come, then it is quite possible that we get the Release Date Announcement in about a month. Let's compare it with the latest Iberia blogs:

Wed 24 Feb: Gameplay Video
Wed 10 Mar: Porto (two weeks later)
Wed 17 Mar: Paint Jobs Pack Update
Wed 24 Mar: Ets2 1.40 Update Release
Fri 2 Apr: Iberia Release Date Announcement
Thu 8 Apr: Iberia Release

Translated to the Wyoming DLC:

Wed 30 Jun: Gameplay Video
Wed 7 Jul: Cheyenne (one week later instead of two weeks later)
Wed 14 Jul: Paint Jobs Pack Update (did we have a Paint Jobs Pack Update blog with other DLCs like Idaho, Utah, Washington?)
Wed 21 Jul: ATS 1.41 Update Release
Fri 30 Jul: Wyoming Release Date Announcement
Thu 5 Aug: Wyoming Release

Ofcourse I know we can't just translate those dates, but at least it can give us an idea that we can't expect Wyoming to be released within two weeks. It's a bit too early. If we don't get a Paint Jobs blog (I really don't care at all about Paint Jobs) then it might be possible that Wyoming will release in the last week of July.

But you never know with SCS... :D
harishw8r

#2560 Post by harishw8r » 25 Jun 2021 07:41

I’m confident about Wyoming coming in 1.41. Steam achievements can be added at any point. We have at least three weeks for a possible release date (July 15), that time should be enough to do whatever is remaining to be done, like achievements, gameplay videos and even some streaming and a couple of blog post.

Return to “General discussion about the game”