Wyoming Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3511 Post by plykkegaard » 31 Jul 2021 21:47

Grizzly wrote: 31 Jul 2021 17:00 Hopefully someone just got a bit carried away...
Inevitable as the download page does not comply with the current forum rules - you need to login to download the map data
Both topics will probably be discontinued

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Trucker Nik

#3512 Post by Trucker Nik » 01 Aug 2021 06:18

I expect the release of Wyoming this month, and tomorrow the blog Cheyenne
howey

#3513 Post by howey » 01 Aug 2021 09:18

I believe SCS will announce the release quite soon too. When the Cheyenne blog comes we know we are close to a release announcement but i would'nt be surprised if they added a blog with a sneak peak of more gameplay with Wyoming. Thinking about Cargo with Wyoming apart from more choices for hopper trailer's i mentioned the other day i would like to see pallets of seed bag for flatbeds like with have now with the fertiliser.

And @flight50 I have a hunch that they will do the same thing as they did with Colorado with Vistas power (wind power) industry and adapt ETS 2 cargo to ATS with the train axle and train undercarriage cargo for flatbeds for the train industry. It might not be much but realistically I would be happy with that. Two extra options for flatbeds is better then none and maybe if we are lucky they might include the Locomotive that's in the HH pack in ETS 2 for HH in ATS or they either make a more NA variant version for ATS but i'm not sure if it would be for HH like in ETS 2 or if they include as a SP cargo. Personally if it were the case i would prefer it as a HH cargo like in ETS 2.
clifflandmark

#3514 Post by clifflandmark » 01 Aug 2021 11:32

Cheyenne + 1 more blog
flight50

#3515 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2021 12:27

Yeah, I'm feeling an August reveal date as well. Whether it actually releases in August is TBD. Sept wouldn't be a bad bday present, lol. I think Cheyenne, #2 gameplay and YS are bloggable. Although that gameplay could be a live stream, for when the devs talk about it.

@howey. Every depot from a previous dlc is always on the menu along with whatever new they come up with. Vitas would be good. They could even expand it from what we got with Colorado. Colorado was the base but doesn't mean they have to stay that way. For me, the Colorado wind farm are too small. I was hoping for much larger depots with all that space where wind farms are. I'd love to see multiple pads put together just like gallon was in Moab, Vernal and Price. We had multiple depots in one larger complex.

Wyoming is known for wind so we should definitely get some farms. If not, big miss there too. I-80 is prime real estate for wind farms. There is Foote Creek Wind Farm. There is Highplains/McFadden Wind Farm. Both off WY-12. There is Seven Mile Wind Farm off US-30. Dunlap Wind Farm off WY-487. There is even Goshen Wind Farms in Idaho that is off US-26 in which we'll get that road into Wyoming. I doubt that wind farm gets added though. There is more planned off I-80 in the future for the state. SCS could always come back and add it but that would be years from now. https://cowboystatedaily.com/2019/12/19 ... -schedule/. Here is an image to show the affected area.

I agree on the train cargo from ETS2. I'm sketchy on the locomotive though. We'd only haul those on platform trailers that have tons of axles. SCS would have to make that and I don't see them doing that unless they have a plan to add lots more cargo to platform trailers with a dozen plus axles for specialized super heavy cargo. I can see Texas taking that to another level with a couple of industries. Special Transport # anyone, lol. Locomotive are to specialized of a cargo imho for ATS. But anything from this thread can work.

Potential core cargo:
-a rail installer instead of a locomotive
-creosote rail road ties
-concrete rail road ties
-bogies
-axles
-rails

Now for HH/ST:
-perhaps any type of rail car
-50/50 for locomotive

The one thing I'd love to see SCS implement for this new rail industry are the maintenance rail vehicles that can drive on roads and tracks. I think spawning them on rails and having them cross just like trains or have them spawn near the new train facilities would be quite immersive. It won't take much to get some type of cargo going for ATS for the train industry though. Using what's in ETS2 helps. The ties are very simple and they are already modeled on prefabs. The locomotives and cars in ATS are already modeled. The only tough thing would be rail installer equipment. That would have to be built from scratch but if they started a year ago, there would have been plenty of time to get that as cargo too. Anything is a step in the right direction though. The more industries ATS can get, the more things can be added later. But to get it up and running, I'd love to see at least 1/2 dozen cargo come when a new industry is introduced.
oldmanclippy

#3516 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Aug 2021 13:55

I am also of the opinion that Cody being unmarked would be a miss. Then the only reason you would have to drive past Greybull to the west would be to tour Yellowstone. If Yellowstone doesn't have a depot, then that would result in a fine. Greybull to Moran is a long way (200 miles) without any depots. If Cody is not marked, then Yellowstone should get a depot. Yes, Cody would be a dead end of sorts, but more palatable than Salmon IMO, because you can escape Cody to the west through Yellowstone if you're OK with the fine so it's not a true dead end unless you play very realistically. Sometimes I would take the long way around from Cody to Jackson for realism, but most of the time I would go through Yellowstone. At the end of the day, it's about providing choices to the player. The more choices, the more valuable the DLC is. Idaho and Utah are fantastic but there are very few choices for routing within the state. Colorado and Washington give the player lots of options. I want Wyoming to be somewhere in between: clearly it won't be as dense as CO/WA, but it should have more transit options than ID/UT. Having Cody be marked would go a long ways towards promoting that.

Texas will really have to knock it out of the park with ICCs. Wyoming can be like Colorado with a small number of new ones, but Texas can't make the same mistake. Part of me thinks that SCS underestimates regional differences within the US, just because it's all the same country. But California and New York might as well be different countries when looking at what industries and companies are there. Sure you have your Walmarts, but most industries have huge variance in what you see from state to state because most companies are local or regional, not national. Most states will have very different companies within major cities vs in rural areas. You won't find a Target in a small town (although that is slowly changing), but you will find a Walmart. You won't find a Home Depot in a small town, but you might find a Runnings. You won't find a Whole Foods in a small town, but you might find a locally owned grocery store or a regional chain. More thoughtful placement and expansion of companies would go a long way. Because that's really the only thing ETS2 has over ATS in my opinion. ATS kicks ETS2's butt in mapping quality, visuals, details, etc. But ETS2 mops the floor with ATS in terms of regional differences, company and industry diversity, and cargo.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#3517 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2021 14:53

Agreed in terms of ATS’s pros over ATS and ETS2 pros over ATS. Both games can fix there cons. ATS has an easier path. ETS2 has a ton to rebuild to be what ATS is. ATS regions must reflect much better if the regions in the US if it’s to make the leap to be what ETS2 is. I look forward to a real good Midwest and South region. We’ll be there for awhile once Montana release. Sure there is overlap for an industry like agriculture in the Great Plains.

We’ve seen the 3 new companies that are coming with Wyoming. But what we don’t know is how will Wyoming expand on existing industries and what new prefabs could come to expand new industries. Example, let’s take mining or wind energy for example. Mining/quarries has been in the game for quite some time. I think it’s time for some upgrades for that industry. If Wyoming is about mining, this would be the perfect dlc for mining upgrades. If not, it’s another copy paste of the same depots.

Wind just came with Colorado but Wyoming can even boost it. Wyoming should take advantage of this industry with a large depot...more field. Bring the missing cargo. We don’t have rotors. We don’t have blades and we don’t have proper length tower parts.
gt379

#3518 Post by gt379 » 02 Aug 2021 22:02

Has anyone notice that the "Wyoming" word has been removed from the job selection page map...
supersobes
Global moderator

#3520 Post by supersobes » 02 Aug 2021 22:19

Why do they have the diesel price in Wyoming set at $8.89 per gallon? According to AAA, the current average diesel price in Wyoming is $3.63 per gallon, which sounds much more realistic.

Return to “General discussion about the game”