Wyoming Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5841 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2021 09:21

I ment no issues with missing roads, crashes etc

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
GT182

#5842 Post by GT182 » 20 Oct 2021 23:09

ATS with mods is far better as to "realism" than a Vanilla ATS. But IMHO as it seems to me, 1.41 and it's subsequent upgrades caused a lot of playability problems. More so for me than any other upgrade since I started playing ATS back in May of 2017. I hope 1.42 is better.

Wyoming is pretty good but seems to be lacking some important towns and roadways. Yellowstone National Park needs delivery points or there's no reason to go there. Don't park visitors need to at least eat, and restaurants need supplies to feed them? Plus many other items. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
parasaurolophus67

#5843 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 20 Oct 2021 23:26

They would probably use smaller trucks for that like box truck or pickup truck.
rbsanford

#5844 Post by rbsanford » 21 Oct 2021 03:07

The Old Faithful admin area is a drop-off point for a special transport job, but it'd be great if it was a regular job site. Maybe for Bitumen, since road work machinery and materials can be seen in the admin area in GMaps. Jobs leading to or departing the depot would have to be fairly rare, though.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
hangman005

#5845 Post by hangman005 » 28 Oct 2021 15:22

Almost two months on I'm still in awe especially driving down I-80. Still amazed by the amazing landscapes this new team put togeather.
oldmanclippy

#5846 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Oct 2021 15:25

I-80 is such a good transit road, every time I drive it it makes me wish SCS would rework I-80 in Nevada when they do the CA segment so that we can do San Fran to Cheyenne without massive time warps :lol: I know it sounds like a broken record but I do think that finishing I-80 sooner rather than later helps out the whole map and would push people to buy Utah and Wyoming to continue on with it.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
hangman005

#5847 Post by hangman005 » 28 Oct 2021 16:15

Yeah I-80 in CA and NV desperatly need an overhaul. I usually completly avoid I-80 between Wells and Sacremento... To be fair between Reno and Sacramento is drivable but it could be so much better. To me at least, I'd prioritse an I-80 rebuild over extending the CA rebuild, if they could be done at the same great but I think it opens up the top of the map and Wyoming that much more.
flight50

#5848 Post by flight50 » 28 Oct 2021 19:18

@oldmanclippy and @hangman005. This is exactly why I keep saying to fast track I-80 in Nevada. Its going to be forever and a day before Southern California comes anyways. I-80 is a major truck route compared to I-5. I love I-80 but Nevada and California makes a lot to be desired. I'd do I-80 Nevada before California unless it all came at once. Why, if California I-80 comes first, we now have a gap from Truckee to Wendover. It would be better to work from East to West...instead of West to East. I unconsciously don't drive I-80 West of Elko anymore. Now that I don't use the Sierra Nevada mod anymore, I don't really take routes that way. I'm seriously awaiting the day that Texas can release or at the soonest, spare mappers because their task is done to jump to help rebuild. Between Montana and the rebuild, the Texas resources should be applied there. The rest of the team can move to the next dlc(s).

Wyoming I-80 is fantastic for sure. But I love all the backgrounds just as equally. Wyoming and Colorado has some of the best backroads in ATS. But so does Idaho a Utah imho. Just a notch lower though. Job well done in Wyoming and it really pushes the need for Nevada to upgrade. Not much negativity going on for Wyoming though. At least not like Idaho and Utah. I'd be fine with everything but the cities on I-80 base map to come. Sounds like that's what the rebuild will be anyways until city builders are freed up to rework old cities in the base map. I-80 cities in California will be time consuming but outside of Reno in Nevada, cities will be much easier to reskin in Nevada. That's why I wish it was fast tracked.
Shiva

#5849 Post by Shiva » 28 Oct 2021 19:54

It is possible that roads south of I-80 would have to be redone too, as in, changed the placement of those roads.
Reno and Carson City, might be rebuildable, without affecting too much, if US-50 from Sacramento to CC is coming.
I do think that I-80 should wait a bit more. Unless SCS decides to redo all of Nevada, before continuing south in California

Actually, Reno is quite ok, right?
But Carson City, that I think could be a bit closer to Reno.
Removing the current fake US-50 connection, that is more like Exit 10 of I-580/US-395 https://www.google.com/maps/@39.214417, ... 502,17.01z
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
rbsanford

#5850 Post by rbsanford » 28 Oct 2021 23:17

I think Reno could use some attention. The east of town, which is actually the city of Sparks, is kind of awkward, and has a lot of pointless roads. East of Reno IRL is an industrial area with some quarries, big warehouses, and a Tesla factory. Reno proper is pretty solid, though.

Even though the majority of it needs work, I-80 still feels pretty complete with Wyoming. For the first time, that highway doesn't end in the middle of nowhere. Overall, I've really started to notice the sheer size of the map with Wyoming, and I think the more complete I-80 has helped with that.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”