Wyoming Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1941 Post by Bedavd » 12 May 2021 21:06

Definitely agree. I don't think we'll see US 310 until the Montana DLC comes though. But it absolutely should appear. I really really hope we get a better idea of northwest and northcentral Wyoming with the next blog. A Yellowstone showcase has been something I've asked for since basically day one haha. Also, Gillette has had no attention paid to it yet, either. I'd be really surprised if it didn't show up as a marked city in the end, so I imagine these are just the areas that SCS has done some of the least work as of now. Here's hoping we see more in the coming weeks.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#1942 Post by Xaagon » 12 May 2021 21:30

I would be very disappointed if Gillette was not a marked city. By Wyoming standards it's a major city.

Edit: I also think Sheridan will be marked, not so sure about Cody or Buffalo.
flight50

#1943 Post by flight50 » 12 May 2021 23:12

Honestly, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Sheridan showed up in a blog already. Gillette imo is 100% in. The Black Thunder Mine from the previous blog has Gillette, Wy 82718 as the address. No way Gillette isn't marked though. That will be the 2nd biggest mistake in Wyoming. The first is excluding Yellowstone. Sometimes, things just have to make sense. Wyoming isn't the busy state like a Colorado or Washington so every inch of detail needs to be squeezed out of it.

Buffalo, might not make it as marked unless it is treated more like Nampa/Boise. I can't see that happening. Its also 32 miles apart but enough urban development in between it and Sheridan to be combine into a metro area. But it can definitely be scenic. Even better is getting 1-2 depots but tagged to Sheridan. Buffalo sits right off both I-90 and I-25 so it will definitely be there. I think there are too many other legit towns in Wyoming that does more for ATS than Buffalo. I'll be upset if Buffalo is chosen over marking New Castle, Torrington or Cody. If a town is to make the game as market, its chances are increased if it has a Walmart. No Walmart, it has to have some good industries then. Buffalo doesn't have a Walmart nor a lot of ATS worth industries. The only thing I see for Buffalo are a couple of livestock venues and the salvage yard off I-90 and TW-204. But Cody has a Walmart, rodeo for Livestock, Bomgaars, Albertsons, a gypsum plant, car dealership and a few other goods. I find it impossible to miss out on Cody as marked.

Cody, Sheridan and Gillette should be our Northern most marked cities. If even one is missing, that would make zero sense. Each is off a main road and not having either of the three.......we might as well not even have those roads in the first place. If any of those 3 are not marked, first person pm me once the map is revealed, I'll buy Wyoming for you if one of those 3 are missing. If I am wrong, your gain. Otherwise, I'm confident in those three being marked vs just scenic. They are all just as import as all the towns that are getting tossed on I-80. It would be nice to see a blog focused on Northern Wyoming though. I'd love to see the Bighorn Mountains. There was one youtube video I watched of a guy in a van traveling it and stopping in a few places and he launched a drone. Very beautiful area in the Bighorns and that is why I also hope we can get US-16. Lander/Riverton needs to get to Gillette or Sheridan so US-16 benefits the area. We shouldn't be forced to only have US-14, I-25 and WY-59 when there is sooo much space in Wyoming to do more. Its not like the roads really conflict up there. If Riverton is the marked town and Lander is scenic, I hope we can get a depot in both Lander and Thermopolis/Worland tagged to Rivertson. That seriously opens up exploration for Northern Wyoming. Cody can get a depot over to Greybull to help explore US-14. The train station or M-I Swaco works great. I think Wyoming will surprise a lot of people though. I think it will be Idaho like but much much better. Better road layout and we are already getting new prefabs and industries added. Already that is more than what Idaho seemed to bring to the table.
oldmanclippy

#1944 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 May 2021 16:24

https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/05/humble ... undle.html

Sounds like we're getting Convoy multiplayer with 1.41 and Wyoming??? I really thought it wasn't going to come until next year, maybe 1.42 at the earliest.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#1945 Post by Shiva » 13 May 2021 16:27

I would love to see more of the Wyoming road connections.
Convoy multiplayer, interesting too.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
harishw8r

#1946 Post by harishw8r » 13 May 2021 16:33

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be our first gameplay video?

My guess would be Vernal to Rock Springs (US 191).
oldmanclippy

#1947 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 May 2021 16:35

@harishw8r Rock Springs to Jackson is my guess. It is a random guess but it is mine :)
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#1948 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 16:37

Yeah, we are talking about MP in the 1.41 thread. I knew MP was this year though. They talked about it on the 2020 xmas stream and to push it to 2021 xmas stream is just wrong, lol. MP was teased Valentine's day 2019 if you can read between the lines. So its been in the works for awhile. Talking about it on the xmas stream and making it another year after they showed what they showed on the xmas stream seems a bit too much. That would have been a huge tease and that would have pissed people off to still make people wait. 1.41/Summer is right when I was expecting it. Especially since we didn't get it with 1.40.

So ATS will be fun this summer. We get MP, Wyoming and looks like phase 1 California. If we are reallllly lucking, once 1.41 goes live, there could be a chance to get some more added to ProMods Canada.

First gameplay video........hmmm. I'd exploit the new things first. I'd honestly jump right to Cheyenne coming from Colorado to the new train industry. We can see I-180 with the Union Pacific parody tower. Show a few shots of the rail yard thennnnn, move to the other new things. We have the new mining equipment manufacturer and the livestock auction depots...then the new mines. This video might be when SCS could debut a livestock trailer. We need that confirmation. If livestock was hinted and teased again and no trailer, that would piss some people off. You can't talk about livestock for 2 dlc's and then wait for Texas to bring it. Its time to stop toying with people, lol. Where's the livestock trailer.
Texshi

#1950 Post by Texshi » 14 May 2021 15:15

The joys of nature! the 12th picture though is a nice scenery i love the roadway
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!

Return to “General discussion about the game”