Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1771 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2021 18:55

rbsanford wrote: 14 Apr 2021 17:52 I think any Rail Export depot on what is a UPRR line IRL should be rebranded to American Lines, and any on a BNSF line should be BFSN, or a different BNSF substitute. The same would apply for CN, CP, CSX, and NS facilities in the future, and for the MRL (Montana Rail Link, which generally runs along the I-90 corridor between Missoula and Billings, but could be realistically replaced with the BNSF). It's not really realistic to have one logistics company representing all rail depots.
Good point and I guess Union/American kinda relates. I like that. That means that SCS has to keep up with what line is what. But the immersion would be strong. I'd love to see Rail Depot rebranded. Rail Depot kinda sounds like a passenger train name but it could go BNFS for sure. There is an American flag on the UP like train so rbsanford, I hope you are right.
Larry71490 wrote: 14 Apr 2021 17:21 Looking forward to servicing the rail roads.
Same here. I just hope we get at least 6-8 new cargoes to go along with it. New train cars and sounds would be bonuses. If we get the coal industry, coal mining would be a thing. We should be able to haul truck loads of coal to steel plants and cement plants. The occasional power plant is cool too but majority of power plants receive coal by train obviously. This train industry is a good opportunity to spruce up the trains and improve them. Lots of good stuff has been mentioned in the dedicated train improvement thread.
Bedavd

#1772 Post by Bedavd » 14 Apr 2021 19:16

Tristam-94 wrote: 14 Apr 2021 17:32 I think picture 3 is already in the game, on the southern side of Cheyenne
I thought so too, but didn't have the time to get into the game and confirm. Thanks! I'll add it to the list.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#1773 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2021 19:27

In pic 3...that blue container that says FCP...is that new? I've played with trailer skin mods for so long that I have no idea.
joschac2

#1774 Post by joschac2 » 14 Apr 2021 19:33

In pic 4. The Ai ( mustang ) is mergeing right infront ( i,m guessing the player ) The AI never does that. They slam the breaks when your that close to the merge point. I thing the Ai is getting improvement
Bedavd

#1775 Post by Bedavd » 14 Apr 2021 19:49

Bedavd wrote: 14 Apr 2021 16:19 Pic 2 is in Casper, you can see the Wells Fargo tower thingy on the horizon. Likely the BNSF depot north of the city center.
Pic 3 is from Tundra Dr in South Cheyenne, here.(Thanks @Tristam-94)
Pic 5 is our first look at Rock Springs! The bridge is where WYO 430 crosses the tracks. Here you can see the Park Hotel building from the bridge.
Pic 6 is also in Cheyenne. The angle is from the Union Pacific Railyard. The tower in the background is from the Cheyenne Depot Museum. Here's a good view of the building from the I-180 bridge.
Pic 7 is the I-180 bridge over the Union Pacific railyard in Cheyenne. Here's the view.
Pic 8 is in the Cheyenne Union Pacific Railyard. We had another shot of this yard in a past blog post here and here.
Pic 9 is the same yard shown in Pic 10, but from an angle facing more to the East. You can see the gray shed with reddish roof, box car, and equipment around that area are all the same.
Pic 10 is the Sinclair Refinery in Sinclair, WY. Here's a blurry photo of the entrance.
Pic 11 I'm about 90% sure is another shot of Bill, WY coming along WYO 59 from the north. The curve and water tower are in the right place. The building on the left would be the hotel and travel lodge there. The weird metal "L" shaped thing can be seen here, and the water tower, American flag, and radio mast at the Union Pacific facility on the other side of the tracks can all be seen here.
Pictures 1 and 4 are the only ones I'm missing so far. Pic 4 has a pretty distinctive skyline, and I feel like it's too big to be anywhere other than Cheyenne, but by golly, I cannot find the angle. Pic 1 has less going on that I can identify, mainly just general industrial buildings, but there might be something with that brick-looking tower in the background on the right, between the two pines. Let me know if you have any ideas on locations these might be at.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Shiva

#1776 Post by Shiva » 14 Apr 2021 20:04

flight50, locomotive trailers for ATS would be nice, I agree.
Maybe not Big Boy, as freight tho.
But similar size as the CNR #1392 you linked the video to, a 4-6-0. And maybe 2-8-0 locomotives and diesels.
4-6-0 or 2-8-0 -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_arrangement
Bedavd wrote: 14 Apr 2021 16:19
Pic 5 is our first look at Rock Springs! The bridge is where WYO 430 crosses the tracks.
What are the odds that Blairtown Connector Rd, might go from US-191 to midtown + to that bridge?
supersobes wrote: 14 Apr 2021 16:43 It's not like in Europe where the whole truck goes on the train. Only the trailer is typically loaded on the train in North America.

https://i.imgur.com/Zt7xWRh.jpg
If whole trailer on train, then usually it is not on a flatbed here. https://jarnvagar.nu/wp-content/uploads ... b19974.jpg
Whole semi on train, that is mostly for some special rail lines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_highway .
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
rbsanford

#1777 Post by rbsanford » 14 Apr 2021 20:54

@Bedavd, pic 4 is I-25 at Pioneer Park in Cheyenne. This was kind of a tough one to locate, since I tried matching up the buildings and terrain, but way off in the distance is the tower of the Cheyenne Depot, to the right of it is the teal roof of a parking garage stairway, and to the left is what looks like the yard control tower.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
JohnMc19

#1778 Post by JohnMc19 » 14 Apr 2021 21:29

@flight50 fcp is from ETS2, vehicle manufacturer might be a placeholder for now I think never know.
flight50

#1779 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2021 23:25

Hmmm. I wonder what FCP means in ATS. The blog did say spare parts and maintenance for locomotives. Perhaps in ATS FCP changes industries or its just a new one that comes as a new company. I think we should have more new container trailer brands anyways so FCP is welcomed.

@Bedavd Pic one is the same depot from the February 19th blog with the UP tower in the background on I-180. Pic 7 is the same thing we are just looking back into the yard. Same power pole, same train bump stop, same forklift if front of the bump stop, same pile of steel rails on the corner. Same train axles near the road. Same loading ramp parked in front of the forklift in front of the double grey doors.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1312139 ... 1664?hl=en

Feb 19
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Todays' blog
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 14 Apr 2021 23:53, edited 2 times in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1780 Post by supersobes » 14 Apr 2021 23:40

FCP was originally one of liveries for the parcel delivery vans in the AI traffic. It appears to be inspired by DHL from the real world. Maybe SCS is expanding it to a company that the player can interact with.

Return to “General discussion about the game”