Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1791 Post by flight50 » 15 Apr 2021 13:07

@Texshi Yep. Jan to be exact. I sure hope a partnership is forming there. That can take ATS onto another branch in the industry. I think a lot of people are starting to see that video games can be a form of marketing. Many people use social media..IG, FB, Twitter and Youtube. People posting pics of industry related stuff is a win win. Just like the newest Renault was just released world wide in ETS2 only. That followed the collaboration with the 49x last September in ATS. I see more and more of this kind of stuff happening.

[ external image ]

ClassicTrucks wrote: 15 Apr 2021 12:59 Seeing the blog post yesterday makes me wonder if the locomotive industry will introduce the opportunity for some new heavy hauls. I know flight mentioned that the Big Boy won't be due to weight, but I am curious if we will get to see heavy hauls to and from the rail repair yard.
I too sure hope we can get some HH in this industry. Its a perfect fit for ST and HH loads. Wind farm towers and blades are shipped by rail. Large farming equipment and construction equipment from factories can be shipped by rail. So locomotives aren't the only thing we can transport though. Check out this thread. There are other cars, equipment and vehicles than we can transport. viewtopic.php?p=1134043#p1134043. If the devs have been watching the ATS flatbed thread, ATS Special Transport and the North American Agriculture threads in my signature, there are tons of options for cargo per industries in North America. I recall SiSl once mentioning that they have to wait for some of these industries to open up before they can develop it. I sure hope the train industry in Wyoming is one of these that was in holding. In the link, I'd love to see at least 6-8 cargoes that involve flatbeds, lowboys and possibly vans and container trailers. We'll see eventually.

How cool would it be to have a trainwreck site prefab to haul away damaged rail cars. There is no license violation there. Maybe too few cargo going in but it would be immersive. We could haul in 3-4 pieces of equipment. We can haul in new rail, railroad ties to repair crews on site. The blog did mention repair parts for rail. Haul that same equipment out as well as damaged train components for cars or tracks of to Avalanche Steel for recycling. Station some AI on scene too to make it seem like we are convoying damage components out of there.
Texshi

#1792 Post by Texshi » 15 Apr 2021 14:41

Either way that sounds like something is brewing and it seems about normal something interesting appears every 6 months.. so will see.. I hope it does open some new stuff! and yes it seems companies suddenly caught on the NET is the way of the future and are all over social media now.. who knew! So let see what sprouts! I welcome thee
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
gt379

#1793 Post by gt379 » 15 Apr 2021 15:51

The Western Star 49X is the truck for the Wyoming DLC front cover.
I just received an email newsletter from SCS and saw that. I deleted before I wrote this :roll:

Hopefully Peterbilt is for Texas for the Denton plant
flight50

#1794 Post by flight50 » 15 Apr 2021 17:10

Peterbilt does make the most sense for Texas. But if that doesn't happen, I expect the Cascadia to make the Texas dlc if SCS is granted permission. It was a toss up for the 49x or the Cascadia to make the Wyoming cover. Which ever didn't make Wyoming, that truck should get pushed to Texas. If we got the new 579 that would have to be Texas imo but that truck is no guarantee. But the Cascadia is and we have it. SCS will use what they have I'm sure.
Felk

#1795 Post by Felk » 15 Apr 2021 23:46

Since the announcement of both Wyoming and 49x, I've expected to be the perfect macth mainly of Wyoming's motto on it's welcome sign.

Regarding about the loads to be hauled to UP shops, I expect axels, traction motors, engines (although this is a HH load), diesel fuel, and maybe railcars (again a HH/ST load).

Very pleased about the rail blog in Wyoming, althoug expected some new models for wagons/locomotives.
howey

#1796 Post by howey » 16 Apr 2021 00:43

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2021 18:55 Same here. I just hope we get at least 6-8 new cargoes to go along with it.
Wish I could be as optimistic as you about this. At best (well what I hope to expect at least) is they do what they did with the wind power industry for Colorado and adapt the ETS 2 models over to ATS. In that case we would get the train axle and undercarriage cargo for flatbed's and the Locomotive for HH. Maybe if we are lucky the might make a new Locomotive that's more NA appealing appearance wise.

I'm at the stage now I be happy just the get these for Wyoming and the game since they continue to ignore how important cargo is.
cp5106

#1797 Post by cp5106 » 16 Apr 2021 01:21

I'm hoping they make the proper model for the trucks seen on the standard North American freight cars, and maybe the suitable locomotive trucks for the locomotives present in-game.
flight50

#1798 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 01:48

howey wrote: 16 Apr 2021 00:43 ....they continue to ignore how important cargo is.
If anyone feels my pain, I know its you my friend. I am optimistic because I just have to be, lol. Closed mouths don't get fed. Talk about it enough and attention is drawn to the subject. Bleed enough on people and they become infected with wanting what you want. More people eventually catch on. The more that talk about it, the more than something can be done. Sometimes, you just have to point out the obvious things. Some people may not notice that we are always hauling empty pallets or used packaging. Once you start caring......it kicks in and you want better for the game you love. We have new people that join weekly that can pitch in if they care. You just never know what can happen if you stay silent. Most of you all know I'm not silent around here, lol. I'm gonna talk up a storm. Why? Because I care and see the potential in this platform. It might be slowly gaining more audience now but eventually it'll kick in to a wider audience. Its not ETS2 status and it will never get there if it continues to be so limited. Most people just have to see more content. Some people just don't even know it exist. But when they do notice, you want to have a lot to offer so that they are enticed to buy all the supporting dlc's. To some people quantity matter. Quality is not always the game winner but solid gameplay is. One saying I always like to use is "You build it, they will come". Everything takes care of it self in due time. People are still buying New Mexico.....Going East. Once dlc's are built, they go nowhere. Once you add content like more cargo, new companies, they aren't going anywhere. Build on what you have.

They solved one of my biggest issues in ATS....8x4/4x2. My last concerns are ICC's. This one will take awhile but chipping away at cargo and new companies will at least show us that its not being ignored. I just don't feel like the effort is there...sorry devs if I am wrong but I'm going by what I see with each dlc. That dedicated cargo team thread you started howey is great. Not as many people are voting on the poll unfortunately. I don't think that many people care about cargo. To me, its the whole point of the game. Without cargo, its a tourist driving game. I'm not here for that. I'm here to haul a trailer loaded with goods to deliver to an awaiting customer so that they can do their job.

Wyoming thus far has revealed 2 new industries...Railroad and the new construction equipment manufacturer. Any other new companies (that we've seen so far) is just an expansion of an existing industry such as chemical, oil/gas and mining. I'll take it without a doubt. New industry or expanded industry is all good. Too many states left to do and each can contribute something to add to the growing ATS economy. But please put some effort into ICC's. I look forward to seeing more new with Wyoming. But I'm not holding my sights there. Texas should do a lot for the game but we'll see. California should also contribute. Since its getting rebuilt, it would be nice if new companies or new industries came there. A new farm or two would be great in California. SunCrops is over due for more help. Cali is the #1 Agricultural state in the entire US followed by Iowa, Nebraska then Texas. California grows some serious stuff out there that can add to the pool of cargo. California produces over half of the US's fruits, vegetables and nuts but you wouldn't know it in the ATS economy. CA-99 and I-5 is loaded with Agriculture. The 3 states in development right can could put a nice dent in cargo and new companies but will they is the question to be answered.
angrybirdseller

#1799 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Apr 2021 06:15

Crops like Oranges, Tangerines are very time sensitive, but also very fragile so hard braking or abrupt handling by the driver would damage the crop. Walbert rejects for substandard produce now can beg Tibit to accept cargo at lower price or find farm just to dump for $50.00 to feed pigs and chickens. Railroad items for trains random delivery spots along the railroad to deliver it in Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, California have to back track to railroad to drop it off. Cheyenne is railroad town along with walbert warehouses.

New Mexico or Wyoming prefect spot to experiment with random railroad tie drop offs along I-10 you can drop them off or be suprised delivery for railroads you take to steeler to recycle or scrap.
howey

#1800 Post by howey » 16 Apr 2021 09:57

@flight50 yes you are right about close mouths don't get fed, no doubt about that hence why i created the poll to bring the question to the community so they can have a answer and question why they should or shouldn't have a team for cargo. Them bringing in 4x2 and 8x4/6 chassis recently did give me hope that they might listen eventually to guys like us that are crying out why and how we need the extra variety or cargo but I also look at the bad in which first thing that comes to my mind is Rigid's, the were one of the first and longest major requests for ETS 2 and later ATS with straight trucks, they have all the fundamentals there to do it now but it's still non existent. I can understand if is it due to the re-licencing of obtaining those chassis to suit but if it isn't then yeah i don't what to say. Just decreases the chances of them listening about the cargo issue as well unfortunately.

Return to “General discussion about the game”