Wyoming Discussion Thread

festmache

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3411 Post by festmache » 28 Jul 2021 08:25

Being a vegetarian (who doesn't secretly eat meat @clifflandmark :)) I would be fine with cattle transports and/or slaughterhouses. ATS is a depiction of the real world, not our personal beliefs.

I like the return of Bushnell, by the way. New companies are cool, but some nation wide companies like Wallbert and Bushnell can show up anywhere.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
korpiklaani728

#3412 Post by korpiklaani728 » 28 Jul 2021 09:38

Vegetarian or meat eater, you deal with slaughterhouses, animal cruelty or not, animal transport .... but what about corida in Spain or rodeo in the USA, it is in a way also animal cruelty. Slaughterhouses are just factories designed to produce food for humans and without them would not be fastfoods. And Corida and the rodeo are just for silly fun ....
clifflandmark

#3413 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jul 2021 10:09

there are tons of cultures and rituals in the world.

Yulin Dog Festival is one of the harmful and unnecessary thing in the world. However, only a small % of Chinese people join it.

Information spreads quickly, world become smaller day by day. Traditional people start to get rid of harmful rituals and acts.

there's another thing that horrible than those harmful traditions :

There are farms where a large number of animals are given hormones and raised in a short time. This is especially common in US. Those meat send to fast food generally. Poor animals born to be hormoned and slaughtered as they grow before they saw their natural environment.

We can't prevent it. Billionaires make money, we eat this hormoned meat.
Last edited by clifflandmark on 28 Jul 2021 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#3414 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 Jul 2021 10:17

Well in the game you'll just be transporting from farm to farm, maybe they are having those prettiest cow contests or something. There ain't gonna be any slaughter houses as it might cause issues with the 3+ age rating. Even though it's obviously just a location and not an actually kill frenzy.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Vinnie Terranova

#3415 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jul 2021 10:28

Maybe SCS should get rid of the PEGI 3 rating... I don't think a 3 year old kid is gonna play ATS/ETS2. A PEGI 7 rating would be more obvious.
korpiklaani728

#3416 Post by korpiklaani728 » 28 Jul 2021 12:41

For Clifflandmark, I fully agree with you, this is simply, unfortunately, it is. Even in Europe.
Robinicus

#3417 Post by Robinicus » 28 Jul 2021 12:54

festmache wrote: 28 Jul 2021 08:25 Being a vegetarian (who doesn't secretly eat meat @clifflandmark :)) I would be fine with cattle transports and/or slaughterhouses. ATS is a depiction of the real world, not our personal beliefs.
Refreshing to read this....wish more people understood it is ok not to always want everything to align with their own POV or it is "wrong".....
flight50

#3418 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 13:01

Its funny how some of you all are thinking that I speak of showing animal cruelty in ATS. I'm fully aware that SCS wound never show it. Slaughterhouse is an applied concept. It's the concept that worries Pavel that I speak on. Do I want slaughterhouses, yes. Do I think Pavel is over thinking it, yes. Do I think enough will complain to make it an issue, no. Those that would more than likely don't even know what ATS is.

I also fully understand its a game depicting some real life factors. Reality is what it is and virtual....affects only a weak mind. Itsca prefab tgst is needed in ATS. There is a solid 3-4 real life plants that can populate ATS very nicely...JBS, Cargill, Tyson, Sanderson, Pilgrim's pride. Regrigerated reefers, refrigerated containers could get some stuff.

Wyoming would have been a great dlc to add support for cattle moving forward. Colorado and Texas would benefit greatly. That would also set uo Oklahoma and Kansas. We'll never fully understand SCS's decision on the subject but we'd have to accept it if we are to support the game.
SmokeyWolf

#3419 Post by SmokeyWolf » 28 Jul 2021 13:19

Don't even have to show the slaughter house. When I pulled meat loads we never seen the slaughter house anyway as it was out of our view.
oldmanclippy

#3420 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jul 2021 13:22

Robinicus wrote: 28 Jul 2021 12:54 Refreshing to read this....wish more people understood it is ok not to always want everything to align with their own POV or it is "wrong".....
I have a feeling there will be plenty of people who will want the game to bend to their personal worldview instead of physical reality when a certain highly anticipated ETS2 DLC comes along that starts with a "W" and ends with an "estern Balkans". That will be fun for the moderators here.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “General discussion about the game”