Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3421 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 13:39

In ATS world, I think slaughterhouse and processing would be a combined effort. It would be livestock in, packaged meat out. Unless they could do slabs of meat for reefers but they need legit places to go. The best would be packaged only. We only have Wallbert as the grocery. That won't work. We need more grocery stores for all food in general coming to the game. Slaughterhouses or not, ATS deserves grocery store variety. More retail as that is the end user. Too much product not represent yet. More dlc's will come though.
oldmanclippy

#3422 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jul 2021 14:20

I also want to reiterate in case an SCS employee reads this, that when we ask for more competition i.e. more variety of companies in the same industry, re-skinning a Walbert prefab into a Dot's (i.e. a Target knockoff) for example is good enough IMO. Creating all new prefabs for a new company that is very similar to an existing company is probably a waste of time. Minor tweaks here and there along with a reskin is sufficient. The Coastal Mining -> NAMIQ reskin is an excellent example of creating competition within an industry.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#3423 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 15:19

I totally agree. There is a limit though. 2 for most prehaps. 3-4 for off road. Off road will always have a different surrounding leading up to the actual prefab. SCS has be doing a lot of this modular stuff. I expect to see a ton of this in Wyoimng for off road depots. Mining, quarries, farms and logging camps can get more companies simply by rebranding and tweaking a few things.

This is the biggest issue with lack of new companies I have. Rebranding is non existent when it can matter. We should have 2-3 farms by now. 2-3 grocery stores, 2-3 logging companies, 2-3 logistics companies, etc. ATS should have a lot more than it has. The map is just getting to large for all these repeats. People are going to start seeing this more and more if changes aren't coming. People would think....why should I buy when its the same stuff. New roads and all...but same depots.
Tristman

#3424 Post by Tristman » 28 Jul 2021 16:20

oldmanclippy wrote: 28 Jul 2021 14:20 I also want to reiterate in case an SCS employee reads this, that when we ask for more competition i.e. more variety of companies in the same industry, re-skinning a Walbert prefab into a Dot's (i.e. a Target knockoff) for example is good enough IMO. Creating all new prefabs for a new company that is very similar to an existing company is probably a waste of time. Minor tweaks here and there along with a reskin is sufficient. The Coastal Mining -> NAMIQ reskin is an excellent example of creating competition within an industry.
Yes, yes and yes, although I'd prefer Bullseye over Dot's :D
oldmanclippy

#3425 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jul 2021 16:42

Bullseye is probably too on the nose and risky. Why poke the bear if you don't have to.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
Bedavd

#3426 Post by Bedavd » 28 Jul 2021 17:04

Everyone knows you go for the triple twenty anyways :lol:

I'm excited by how much industry seems to be coming with Wyoming. Three new companies, new trailer, tons of new cargoes coming for those new companies and the trailer. That's pretty good progress in my eyes!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
plykkegaard

#3427 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Jul 2021 17:05

Call it "OnTheDot"

Bullseye(shop) is "taken"
https://www.bullseyeshop.com/

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
rbsanford

#3428 Post by rbsanford » 28 Jul 2021 18:49

Maybe "Nicollet's," since Target HQ is on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. But maybe that sounds too upscale.

Something else that would be nice is more Home Store rivals. There's Lowe's nationwide, but in the northern Midwest there's also Menards, and the first state in ATS to have Menards stores IRL is Wyoming.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#3429 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 20:31

I actually like OnTheDot. That sounds American actually. Nicollets sounds good for a random store. Maybe that could be Kohl's. At some point we'll have to get clothing going. Walmart has everything but we need competition. Target, Sam's, Costco all sell clothes and food. Then you have your grocery only and clothes only.

Lowes should come nowwwww. Menards has a little time. But Home Depot needs a competitor asap, we need Lowes. Deepgroove, SunCrops, Bushnell, Bitumen, SellGoods, Farmer's Barn, Chemso, Global Mills, Page and Price, USBB, Plaster and Sons, Olthon Homes, Heartwood Furniture, Charged........those all in particular have great competitors options. No reason why those can't be copied and rebranded into something else. Make some tweaks to the copies. Just those alone almost doubles the ATS depots. I don't consider ports and air hangers as competitors because each are unique anyways.

Export ETS2 depots..they are modeled already. Both games can share a lot more things but they don't. Just make it fit the game it goes to.
oldmanclippy

#3430 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jul 2021 20:57

I have a feeling we're gonna get a flood of competitors all at once once Annie has time to work on the graphic design parts of such a project. I hope so anyways, her work has been A+ so far. It would be a serious waste of her talents if they didn't have her pump out reskinned brands.

Return to “General discussion about the game”