Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3431 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 00:55

Ikr. I sure hope they set her loose. Buttttt, its not up to Annie to make new companies in general. In order for her to make new companies logos, someone before her has to come up with what real world facility to make. Does it apply to ATS....how do we implement it in regards to the economy. Solve those first....then hand it over to Annie. Even she has to have something to work with. The more companies she is approved for, the more designs she can come up with. I don't expect a ton from her with Wyoming though. But Texas, is a different story. Not only company buildings, but company trailer skins, posters, banners and vehicle marketing. Wyoming is soon to release so whatever we got, is what we have.

I love her work though. I hope she came up with a few more restaurants for Wyoming though. I think a better Subway, Sonic, better Wendy's and a Chick-Fill-A comes.
howey

#3432 Post by howey » 29 Jul 2021 12:17

flight50 wrote: 28 Jul 2021 03:12 I know right. Each new trailer should have some cargo coming for us. So we have to be happy for that right, lol. Cargo is cargo....its another step in the right direction which is variety. 10 crops....I bet I know exactly what you are thinking. 10 crops = 10 states. I 100% agree. By the time the US is done (lower 48), we should have a minimum of 48 crops. 1 crop (minimum) per dlc isn't too much to ask for. For those thinking there isn't even 48 crops to go around....guess again. Looking in my signature for the North American Agriculture thread and you'll see well over 60 crops. These can be hauled in hoppers, on flatbed, in chippers, in dumpers, curtain siders, in dry vans and in reefers.

Add in all the other agricultural things from that link and you have another solid 20+ 3d cargo models. For this live stock, to start we should have at least cattle and something else. Hogs or Bison are the best two. We have not seen hogs referenced anywhere but we have seen plenty of Bison. Do be surprised if we get to haul them to debut the livestock trailer.
I didn't think of the 10 crops because of 10 states Flight more because their are easy 10 crops that I can easily think of that are common :lol: but I do like you thinking method though.

One thing that I have tended to notice is that they have being hyping the industry side of things more for Wyoming's DLC then the previous 3 at least imo. Very concerning that they are once again setting themselves up to fail in this aspect of the DLC, I sincerely hope i'm wrong this time round because there will be a few angry players if they mislead us again with this ongoing information regarding industries. I've called them out on improving this side of the game more and so have you for awhile. I've noticed across the forum that more and more others are starting to question this area of the game to so the attention is become more aware for them to noticed surely and in this case I believe Wyoming is the starting point for this to happen. If Wyoming is set up company/industry wise like Iberia is in ETS 2 combine that with the cargo to suit and more variety even it is baby steps to me this will be the best DLC they have produced to date. Otherwise if they do disappoint by just adding a livestock trailer with a couple of animals to haul then I'm one foot out the door saying adios amigos unless if 1.42 or they bring out something good that comes this year that satisfies me with cargo or industries even if is just a farming cargo DLC otherwise I'm done playing the game and gone for good tbh.
plykkegaard

#3433 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 12:38

Don't get your hopes up just yet
Nordic Crown (ETS2 / Scandinavia map expansion) was revealed to be part of a production chain as discussed several times
Sorry it didn't happen at least not how I expected it to be

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#3434 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 13:32

With Wyoming...........I had dreams of a mining cargo industry dlc. On the ATS flatbed thread, I purposely categorized everything that could indeed be an industry cargo dlc. I think Mining, Farming, Construction Equipment, Construction Building Material, Tarped, Crated, Train, Landscaping, Boats, Stacked Trailers, etc. That is money sitting on the table. Manpower is an issue but with their new space, it sounds like SCS is about to improve their vehicle team big time. So hopefully.........just maybe they have considered our proposal for a dedicated cargo team. They would still be part of the vehicle team but they'd be tasked more for cargo and industry cargo pack. If you don't want it, don't buy it but its necessary. ATS cargo is too thin for both core and extra. We need more....lots more.

SCS really needs to improve on dlc's period. There is more money than just maps and tuning packs. You can almost never run out of cargo. I could keep them busy with cargo for 10 years, lol. Easy money and like maps, mostly no license issue unless its equipment. People want extra content as all the maps are starting to be the same according to some people.
oldmanclippy

#3435 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 Jul 2021 14:58

I don't have a problem paying for cargo packs like the forestry one. We're getting the base map rebuilt for free, it's reasonable for them to ask for money for new cargo. Map rebuilds and additional roads to previous DLCs should be free, new trucks should be free, and whole new features should be free, but new industry-specific cargo packs, paintjob packs, tuning packs, and obviously states can all be paid IMO.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Jatruck

#3436 Post by Jatruck » 29 Jul 2021 15:29

Yeah, then we could have some cargo like this:

[ external image ]

Or this one:

[ external image ]

Or even this one: :D ;)

[ external image ]
dkasper00

#3437 Post by dkasper00 » 29 Jul 2021 16:02

New wot event deliver 1,000,000 Dinosaurs to Tonopah...
I'm passionate about Mack Trucks, grew up around them as a kid.
flight50

#3438 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 16:16

The cargoes more suited for ATS are in the links in my signature. Those style of planes don't really fit the game. The airports we can access are commercial airlines locations. The dinosaur, I'm not sure how that fits.
rbsanford

#3439 Post by rbsanford » 29 Jul 2021 16:25

The dinosaur looks like it would be going to a museum, which is where the second plane could also be going. Museum loads like these (and dry vans with large sculptures/paintings) would be interesting, unique, and high paying (for being both fragile and high value) cargo, but they'd be too rare to regularly appear in ATS. Maybe for a WoT event they would work.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#3440 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 17:41

Yeah but a museum would be cool. They are only in large cities though and they will already be crowded. Its a very interesting thought though. We'd need enough of in in the game now to benefit. I'd say do the top 15 cities in the entire US. So yeah there could be an exhibit for WoT. Even convoy works.

Return to “General discussion about the game”