Wyoming Discussion Thread

parasaurolophus67

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3601 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 04 Aug 2021 00:26

well NOT entirely. I believe that blog for farms showed that old truck parked but only in video in instagram.
Quark

#3602 Post by Quark » 04 Aug 2021 02:38

flight50 wrote: 31 Jul 2021 08:01 @Quark you'd have to read this entire thread, not my last comment. I've explained it a few times already. At the same time, I am speaking for myself. Not anyone else. If you are fine with 10, cool. I'm not. Why must I agree with 10 just because you or anyone else doesn't see it as a big deal. Each town can offer something new. Whether that is Texas, California, Nevada or Wyoming, repeating depots get tiresome. Unlike ETS2, ATS has a HUGE lack of companies. Where are the new companiesand industries. Each town added can provide a possible new industry or expanded industry.

I want Cody. You may want better AA support or get out the truck. I can care less about AA or getting out. My focus is about ICC'S, industries, companies and cargo. Without new possibilities, the game grows stale every dlc. You add more deliverable cities, you increase your ICC'S.

Why halt Wyoming at 10 when you look at square miles per state. If there is a fully developed town, bring it to reality for our virtual world. I provided 5+ depot options on the other page. You get that many...market it. I also thoroughly explained the hole. We can get YS and still have a hole. Why have a hole? To get US-20 connected as one continuous road, you go thru Cody. I don't know how else to explain it. I've done it umpteen times.

Cody is home to 9k. Enough to support a Walmart. Jackson has less than 1k more in population and its marked. Colorado is a similar sized state and its well over 10 cities. Washington, even Idaho has more than 10 bcities and its road network is far less than Wyoming.
Fair enough. Not that i disagree much. On the contrary, any of these points is certainly (to a more or lesser extent) a valid one. And still, i think you might put a little too much emphasis on the raw number here. I would just like to say that we
can only form a real judgement when we finally see the actual map; the amount and distribution of both remote depots in the pampas and also depots in "scenery towns" all tagged to the nearest marked city. When/if they are properly distributed all over the map and in adequate numbers the sheer number of marked cities should not really be a major factor then.IMO.
flight50

#3603 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 05:19

Xaagon wrote: 04 Aug 2021 00:23 OK, if they're not new that explains why nobody was talking about them. It would still be nice to get the motor home into moving traffic... should work about like the busses that are currently there.

Hopefully they can bring back the 1940s style farm truck as at least a decorative parked vehicle. People were complaining that it didn't look like it could do freeway speed and the taillights didn't work so SCS removed it entirely.
I agree on the rv. It should be in traffic with low spawn rates. It would be great for Yellowstone and other national parks. But Americans do love to travel in the Summer in their rv's. That old 1940s truck would fit rural areas around farms nicely. I didn't want SCS to completely remove it. Just allow it to make sense is all we wanted.
Texshi

#3604 Post by Texshi » 04 Aug 2021 08:34

I hope when those Cattle wagons drop they don't have any bushnell farms or something on it.. the Grain trailers have a tiny emblem like that and while it's minor and very small I.. bought my own trailer for a reason. But still good to see another blog but feels like they are stretching this one out pretty long
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Marcello Julio

#3605 Post by Marcello Julio » 05 Aug 2021 15:24

Not related to Wyoming, but today we will have a Developer interview Stream with Natvander, and well, he's the signal guy, so we can have a lot of clues about the future of signals on ATS.
https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/ ... 5690933251
shadynsx

#3606 Post by shadynsx » 06 Aug 2021 03:10

Can't believe Wyoming have 18 blog posts, that could mean Texas will have like around 60 :lol:
flight50

#3607 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2021 04:06

Texas might not have to drag out like Wyoming is. If Texas has 60, its because it needed it. Wyoming got a couple of 2 part blogs. Texas could easily do that or even a part 3 for somethings. Wyoming obvious has some issues that the devs are working thru. Whatever that is, its for a reason. I'm just glad they are not rushing the dlc out the door just because some of you all are wanting it asap. 9 times out of ten, those that rush it, will fly thru everything in 24-48 hrs. Then be calling for Texas to release. That's no way to enjoy a map.

I life polished and non game breaking bugs dlc's. All dlc's will have their fair share of bugs though. But I definitely see people saying "SCS should have never released this". It happens everytime people feel like something was ruched. So give them credit for taking their time to do what it is they are doing. The end product will be that much better.
hangman005

#3608 Post by hangman005 » 06 Aug 2021 04:25

Oh yeah I'm definately glad SCS does their own thing.... I've always said I'm really impatient so I want Wyoming released yestereday.... in fact release Texas yesterday too, in fact release everything yesterday. No I'm glad they do things when they are ready and my impatience doesn't factor in lol. I also do feel a bit bad brushing off the work that has gone into the last two blogs because they are filler and I want substance, sure I'm impatient for release and want the big blogs out the, but the game wouldn't neatrly be as good without the "filler" content, Still I do hope for a Cheyenne or YS blog soon...
Travismods

#3609 Post by Travismods » 06 Aug 2021 07:53

So whats the latest word, is Yellowstone confirmed or no? Seen a hundred blogs now but not a trace or word of Yellowstone.
Trucker Nik

#3610 Post by Trucker Nik » 06 Aug 2021 08:01

@harishw8r Your theory, I'm starting to like the release of Montana before Texas, I'd like to see the patchwork hole that will arise after the release of Wyoming in I-90, this problem would just be solved by Montana, and I'd like to see this state before the release of Texas

@koolizz yes Yellowstone is confirmed, a few pages back, one of the developers inserted a photo here into this thread where Yellowstone can be seen

Return to “General discussion about the game”