Wyoming Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3461 Post by Marcello Julio » 30 Jul 2021 13:04

The blog Cities along I-80 confirmed to us that we will have the blog dedicated to Cheyenne so it's a strong candidate to be the next blog too.
ads678

#3462 Post by ads678 » 30 Jul 2021 13:21

So I checked achievements.sii (official list of cities), and indeed, there are only 10 cities: Casper, Cheyenne, Evanston, Gillette, Jackson, Laramie, Rawlins, Riverton, Rock Springs, Sheridan
There is absolutely no reason to exclude Cody from the DLC. It will be a very stupid move from SCS.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#3463 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 30 Jul 2021 13:23

Marcello Julio wrote: 30 Jul 2021 13:04 The blog Cities along I-80 confirmed to us that we will have the blog dedicated to Cheyenne so it's a strong candidate to be the next blog too.
Unless we get another pointless Wyoming blog :roll:
clifflandmark

#3464 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jul 2021 13:27

There's a town called McCall in ID.This town is unmarked but exist in game. Same could happen to Cody, also there could be a depot in Cody.

Also, if McCall exist, Colter Bay Village can make it too. It could be unmarked. I hope and expect Wyoming DLC worth the time we've been waited.
harishw8r

#3465 Post by harishw8r » 30 Jul 2021 13:33

If Cody has a depot, it would be marked for sure as it’s fairly far from other marked cities. No Cody would only mean Cody is scenic, which still might not be a better compromise, unlike McCall.

I’m not gonna get convinced about Cody until they show us the final map.
clifflandmark

#3466 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jul 2021 13:37

I just want to believe a good possbility. It's obvious that Cody is big enough to be marked.
flight50

#3467 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2021 14:01

I don't see us getting another Wyoming blog this week unless its a gameplay video. We just got a blog on Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see a HoR or Texas blog to close out this week.

Cody at this point is the biggest miss that isn't confirmed. Scenic does not work. If it got depots as an unmarked town, that is cheating it. Each town that is marked has free range of depots that can tag to it. As a remote town, its tagged to a distance city. That's not the same as a marked town. So Cody would be limited for sure if its not marked. I vote marked hands down. A marked town can have anywhere from 3-15 depots. Cody could be right in the middle or on the lower end. I'd give Cody a solid 4-6 depots if I were to mark it.

There are several feasible options to choose from:
Cody Stampede Rodeo Ground
livestock events
Walmart supercenter
Tractor Supply Co hardware store
Denny Menholt Chevy Buick GMC
car dealership
Albertsons grocery store
Bomgaars hardware store
Bakeman Propane gases service
Fremont Ford & Lincoln Cody car dealership
Titan Truss wood fabrication

Pick any 4-6 depots and we got a city. I'm not sure how SCS pick depots or what new to make but I'd try to bring as much new and unique to each city as possible. If its generic enough, it could account for like 4-5 different companies in the US. Example. Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, Bomgaars, True Value....One prefab from SCS could represent all those. We can easily have 5-6 different car dealerships. Hopefully if that becomes a thing, we get more anyways. Currently we have 3. Supercenters/Retail........hugely lacking. There's a solid dozen that makes perfect sense in ATS right now.

I won't give up on Cody just yet though. We'll have to wait until we are closer to release and maybe we can get a glimpse of a ride alone or embargo lift. Last resort, dlc release.
FrancescoMasci

#3468 Post by FrancescoMasci » 30 Jul 2021 14:08

There have already been too many blogs recently. I don't expect much else than a Cheyene blog and a gameplay video prior to the release.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#3469 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 30 Jul 2021 14:46

If Buffalo isn't a city for Wyoming, which apparently, it's not, they should at least have US-16 going West out of Buffalo, they have PLENTY of space for that, and have US-16/US-14 going East of Buffalo which they also have PLENTY of space for. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the US-14 stretch from Sheridan to Ucross wasn't there.
Vinnie Terranova

#3470 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Jul 2021 15:13

Who said that Cody will not be a marked town? There is no confirmation from SCS, so anything could still be possible.

Return to “General discussion about the game”