Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1891 Post by flight50 » 28 Apr 2021 18:45

@Bedavd looking at your link for Pic 3's real life entrance is sweet to see. What would make my day is if
WY-450 continued East to US-85. That puts US-16 or WY-585 along with all of US-85 into play. I want to run the Eastern border of Wyoming just like US-385 allows us to run the border of Eastern Colorado. That gives us another alternate North and South from
I-90 to I-80. The more options...the better right?

Hmmmm. The way you describe Genesis and Tata....I wonder if my thought is correct. What if we got a complex prefab here. Nemiro mention it complex prefabs like a year ago in a blog.....SCS can combine both Gensis and Tata into one large area. Use two smaller prefabs but with 2-3 pickup zones. Two small prefabs next door to each other (like HomeStore and Walbert in Colorado dlc), that gives the impression of one huge area with multiple pic ups. I have mentioned this idea several times and we kind of got close to a mega complex with Gallon Gas in Utah, but not quite what I'm thinking. I'd like to see closer so that different parts of the complex is responsible for different cargo and deliveries. Forestry and farming are the other two that can have complex area with 2-3 pickup and drops besides mining. Anything off road can be 1:1 and huge. They needs space so stuff like this is typically in remote areas of the map. If the blog says almost 1:1, I sure hope we have one HUGE multi zone depot here.

As far as YS, I can see at least getting 6-8 screen shots. There is a ton we can see just off US-191 alone. If we get more than US-191...look out. That could be one of the most scenic areas in all of ATS. We already know we get US-26 thru the Tetons but if US-14 links up to Cody, that will be a beautiful trip. Give us the fine or whatever, just make the road possible. It would be weird to not get the road so that we can be fined, imho.
oldmanclippy

#1892 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 Apr 2021 13:37

@flight50 I think it's definitely possible that we get WY-450 all the way to US-85. I think Torrington being included (which I forgot about before now) gives strong evidence for US-85 north of it, because otherwise I feel like they would just save that eastern most stretch of US-26 for Nebraska. WY-450 through the Thunder Basin National Grassland would be an incredible addition, but I'm not betting on it. I think it's more likely that WY-59 and US-85/US-16 just parallel each other. I also hope that we get US-18 from I-25 to Lusk to make Casper -> Newcastle (if Newcastle is included) less painful.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#1893 Post by Shiva » 29 Apr 2021 13:43

Bedavd, nice finds :)

flight50.
WY-59 to US-85 via WY-450? Yeah, that I think too.
US-14 to Yellowstone? possible, especially if there will be a bus simulator DLC some day.

Coal transports? that would be mostly by trains. Mostly.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1894 Post by flight50 » 29 Apr 2021 14:49

@oldmanclippy I've been advocating for US-85 from I-25 to US-16/WY-585 for the longest but I hope you are right on US-85. Maybe if I am not the only one pleading for it, perhaps it can be wished into existence, lol. Technically WY-450 connects to US-16 so we'd get US-85 to at least US-16. In turn, US-16 gets us squared away to hit I-90. If US-16 is there, no need for WY-585. 16 gives us another route option besides WY-59 to get from Sheridan and Gillette to Cheyenne and Torrington. I'd really like New Castle as marked though. Its too far from Gillette to get a depot imo. Perhaps Gillette could get one coal mine and then New Castle could get one. If we got Caballo Coal mine, it can go to Gillette and let Black Thunder go to New Castle. WY-59 should be large enough to support at least 2 coal mines imo. Unfortunately, I doubt SCS will give that to us. I'm betting that we only get one coal mine and lots of nothing along WY-59. That will be a little disappointing but nothing we can do. Of course.........I'd love to be wrong. But I don't want to get my hopes up on getting something like the below sketch.

[ external image ]

East of Torrington, yes it will definitely come with Nebraska. Buttt we still don't have anything off US-85 nor a sign to confirm US-85 yet is in as a drivable road. We have this only to go by. Unless more road signs have been posted, I'm still in the air on US-85. To some of us, it makes the most sense in the world to have 85. We can only hope SCS is thinking the same. We can get to Torrington without US-85 is the problem. We know US-26 is in as it will continue from Idaho and run across Wyoming......hopefully. I'd be surprised if it doesn't. We didn't get US-26 running across Oregon soooooo, there is not guarantee there. We'll see.

I agree on US-18. But with WY-59 connecting to Douglas, we could skip it. As long as US-26 connects to I-25, we good and we can still get Lusk as scenic. US-18, US-85, US-26 and I-25 does make a nice little square. But US-18 is extra mapping. That entire square has some nice people landscaping. That entire square would be nice to have. US-18/US-20 and US-26 has a train track running along them. I can see that happening for this dlc. Lets hope that square is made. If Douglas is kept small, I don't see why US-18 can get a junction off it. If New Castle is marked, it would make sense to have both US-18 and US-26 imho. Not to mention, we have both US-20 and US-26 back West. So continuing them both into Nebraska would be ideal.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1895 Post by supersobes » 29 Apr 2021 15:14

I just realized that the Buick in image number three and the GMC in image number five from yesterday's blog both have a Wyoming license plate! I think this is the first blog where the license plate made an appearance.
Xaagon

#1896 Post by Xaagon » 29 Apr 2021 18:01

Historically they show photos with license plates shortly before release. Maybe Wyoming is closer than we think... or maybe they just finished the plates early.
Bedavd

#1897 Post by Bedavd » 29 Apr 2021 18:58

It’s definitely showing that they’re progressing on development, but I don’t think it means release is necessary soon. Sometimes plates show up in blogs a few months before the release happens.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#1898 Post by flight50 » 29 Apr 2021 20:33

License plate is a minor detail in my book. Show me YS or Cheyenne if you want to tell me release is near. Week 2 or 3 of May is the earliest I always thought we could see open beta kick in for 1.41. But that is for a June release. If California Ph1 is targeting 1.41, I'd expect that blog to show up weeks before Wyoming releases. Similar to how Vegas showed up. If no California Ph1 for 1.41, its all Wyoming blogs. We may or may not even get another Texas blog until Wyoming releases. I think at least one more Texas blog should happen before Wyoming releases. Too much in the state to show all.
Bedavd

#1899 Post by Bedavd » 29 Apr 2021 20:45

So because I love procrastinating on my work, I went back and looked at what blog first saw plates for WA, UT, ID, and CO. Here's the split so you can have an idea generally.

Washington 116 days or 3 months and 27 days. (Feb 15, 2019 - Jun 11, 2019)
Utah 94 days or 3 months and 2 days. (Aug 5, 2019 [First seen in a gameplay video] - Nov 7, 2019)
Idaho 70 days or 2 months and 9 days. (May 7, 2020 - July 16, 2020)
Colorado 44 days or 1 month 14 days. (Sept 29, 2020 - Nov 12, 2020)

The trend is that it's getting closer to release, but also I doubt it'll be any sooner than 44 days away from now. That'll put the release in mid-June which I think is reasonable, but also I don't think the plate-based speculation is too reliable. I think this just shows that the plates get done somewhat arbitrarily during development.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#1900 Post by Xaagon » 29 Apr 2021 22:10

Wow... that was pretty impressive! I didn't think anyone would actually bother to research all that. I just had kind of a rough idea that release happened within a couple months of license plates being shown.

Return to “General discussion about the game”