Wyoming Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1971 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 May 2021 16:40

ThatWeirdTrucker wrote: 14 May 2021 16:47 ARE THOSE BUFFALOS?!?!?!??! Yellowstone is coming, get your trucks ready!
Bison do not mean that Yellowstone is coming, since there are bison all over the upper west and midwest. We even have some bison herds in Minnesota.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#1972 Post by flight50 » 15 May 2021 19:49

Yeah I don't think Buffalo automatically equals YS. Lets all hope YS is significant to hold off the surprise. Cheyenne would probably be the center piece of Wyoming if it wasn't for YS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cheyenne comes before the YS blog. But if there truly isn't a YS, Wyoming will get serious ridicule. Bighorns is finally revealed and we already knew about the Tetons. Not sure if I hyped YS without confirmation, but I'm only stating a failure for Wyoming if there is no YS. That's not my miss. That's SCS. Considering we got all these other roads thru National Parks with a fine system, what would be the reason for no to exclude YS? I don't see one. The world's first national Park sitting at the footsteps of a park that is in.....that just ain't right.
Bedavd

#1973 Post by Bedavd » 15 May 2021 20:02

We're all getting antsy about YS because it's been so hidden so far. There was one blog photo that I thought MIIIIGHT be US 191 north from Moran, by the park entrance, but it's a vague "river by a road in the mountains" that could honestly be anywhere along a US highway in Northwestern or Northcentral Wyoming. We did get our first confirmations of US 14 through Bighorn and likely down to at least Greybull. I'm hoping that's just because the Northwest portion of the State north of US 26 has been the last area they're getting to in development.

I've attached a photo below from my map showing blog photo locations and the roads that are (in my humble opinion) 100% confirmed. You can see they've not showcased anything from the extreme NW and NE corners (the one photo in YS is the guess I mentioned, and the one in the NE is the cover photo with Devil's Tower), or anything from the area between US 26 and I-80.

[ external image ]
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
rbsanford

#1974 Post by rbsanford » 15 May 2021 20:50

There's a lot going in in Wyoming in terms of geology. There's Devil's Tower, the Wind River Gorge, the Flaming Gorge, Shoshone Canyon, etc, etc... then you have the Yellowstone Caldera, one of the geological wonders of the world (if it isn't, then it should be). I'm betting all these amazing sites/sights are being saved for a geology blog, like with Utah. These are all showstopping places, and some of the greatest wonders in the West, so maybe they'll be shared in a sort of grand finale closer to release; remember that Glenwood Canyon and the San Rafael Swell, some of the best features of their respective states, weren't shown until about a month before release.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Marcello_Gamer

#1975 Post by Marcello_Gamer » 16 May 2021 01:30

Question. We will have Yellowstone National Park in the Wyoming DLC ?
parasaurolophus67

#1976 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 16 May 2021 01:36

thats a unknown question. Nobody knows if it could or not. But were hoping. (I'm not fully But I get the part that it would leave a huge mark on the state.)
Marcello_Gamer

#1977 Post by Marcello_Gamer » 16 May 2021 01:41

Thanks. @parasaurolophus67
harishw8r

#1978 Post by harishw8r » 16 May 2021 03:24

Also, any idea on how Devil’s Tower would be represented? I don’t think Hulett or Alasdin would be marked, but that would leave no purpose to visit the place unless Devil’s Tower itself is marked 🤔
Xaagon

#1979 Post by Xaagon » 16 May 2021 04:15

They could throw a ranch or farm in the area and tie it to a place as far away as Gillette.
clifflandmark

#1980 Post by clifflandmark » 16 May 2021 05:51

SCS' graphics quality is leveling up within every new dlc. I believe they won't miss Yellowstone, they would want a Yellowstone everywhere vice versa. it's a useful material that you can use in every dlc.

Return to “General discussion about the game”