Wyoming Discussion Thread

Reignman

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5641 Post by Reignman » 19 Sep 2021 06:02

Alright now that I've crossed Wyoming a few times, add me to the list of people who think we need Cody and hwy 14 to Greybull. I had to take quite the detour just to go up and see Yellowstone. And I have one other small complaint. The weigh station in Cheyenne. More specifically where the sensor is located coming up from the south. I had a load to Rail Export in Cheyenne, which is the first exit from the south, but the WS sensor flagged me, and that takes you way out of your way. I don't know if it's like that IRL, but that's an incredibly inconvenient spot for it lol. Cool, almost done with this delivery ... J/K ... we need you to go 80 miles out of your way first. I opted to pay the $700 fine instead.
Trucker_71 wrote: 18 Sep 2021 09:37Thanks @Robinicus I'll turn the mod back on. I like the idea of the working reefer light in the game. ;)
I believe you're talking about a mod, but in the regular game I thought my reefer light was broken too, but I guess it only lights up when you're actually hauling something that requires refrigeration. To be fair, I was hauling cheese or milk at the time so I was confused. Later I hauled some yogurt and it was on.
eonellivlem wrote: 18 Sep 2021 17:24I'm sticking with the cities being to big though.
I noticed that too. I don't know about "big", but they seem a lot more spread out now. Normally when I drop a load off, I pick a job at another company in that city, but in Wyoming my options seem a little more limited because I don't want to drive 80 miles to the next company lol. But I guess it's better than ETS2 where every city is packed into 2 whole blocks xD.
plykkegaard wrote: 18 Sep 2021 18:02This is Wyoming
It almost has a bit of all the other DLC states. Parts of it remind me of Colorado, Idaho, Utah, and New Mexico.
swaapy wrote: 18 Sep 2021 19:36A lone "R" in the hills of Wyoming ....? Anyone a clue what this is about? :?: :?
Utah is going to blow your mind. ;)
flight50

#5642 Post by flight50 » 19 Sep 2021 06:29

I run mods so I won't post this as a bug. I haven't visited everywhere in Wyoming but this particular truck stop, I noticed that the AI uses the same gas pumps as we do. I know SCS changed this once MP came and having the AI uses the none marked pumps is awesome. Other pumps in Wyoming, the AI uses the none icon gas pumps just like the rest of the game. I think SCS missed this one. Has anyone noticed any other gas islands in Wyoming in which the AI tries to use the same pump as you and then honk at you if you take too long like the old game versions use to do.

[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5643 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Sep 2021 06:38

Yeah I had that too, a bit annoying having an impatient trucker hooting at you while you are refueling

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Grizzly

#5644 Post by Grizzly » 19 Sep 2021 06:48

Reignman wrote: 19 Sep 2021 06:02 I have one other small complaint. The weigh station in Cheyenne. More specifically where the sensor is located coming up from the south. I had a load to Rail Export in Cheyenne, which is the first exit from the south, but the WS sensor flagged me, and that takes you way out of your way. I don't know if it's like that IRL, but that's an incredibly inconvenient spot for it lol. Cool, almost done with this delivery ... J/K ... we need you to go 80 miles out of your way first. I opted to pay the $700 fine instead.
Yeah I noticed that, I got beeped before I got to the roundabout but had no idea where the weigh station was so I just carried on the way I was going and got fined since it was in the opposite direction.
Shiva

#5645 Post by Shiva » 19 Sep 2021 09:54

Reignman wrote: 19 Sep 2021 06:02 Alright now that I've crossed Wyoming a few times, add me to the list of people who think we need Cody and hwy 14 to Greybull. I had to take quite the detour just to go up and see Yellowstone. And I have one other small complaint. The weigh station in Cheyenne. More specifically where the sensor is located coming up from the south. I had a load to Rail Export in Cheyenne, which is the first exit from the south, but the WS sensor flagged me, and that takes you way out of your way. I don't know if it's like that IRL, but that's an incredibly inconvenient spot for it lol. Cool, almost done with this delivery ... J/K ... we need you to go 80 miles out of your way first. I opted to pay the $700 fine instead.
@Reignman
In IRL time, that distance/time won't be so bad.
80miles? You did not come from Colorado to Wyoming?
If you did, then the miles would have been 9miles vs 35miles. 26mile difference. Counting from the over/underpass and roundabout at Exit 4 0n I-25.
So not even close to that 80miles out of the way.

Cody, Greybull? That would be OK, yep.
+ the road from Cody to Thermopolis.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Robinicus

#5646 Post by Robinicus » 19 Sep 2021 12:38

Reignman wrote: 19 Sep 2021 06:02 I have one other small complaint. The weigh station in Cheyenne. More specifically where the sensor is located coming up from the south. I had a load to Rail Export in Cheyenne, which is the first exit from the south, but the WS sensor flagged me, and that takes you way out of your way. I don't know if it's like that IRL, but that's an incredibly inconvenient spot for it lol. Cool, almost done with this delivery ... J/K ... we need you to go 80 miles out of your way first. I opted to pay the $700 fine instead.
That is the same scale that if you don't pull in, will keep the warning box up for 20-25 miles after you pass it....definitely needs some fixing in that area
Travismods

#5647 Post by Travismods » 19 Sep 2021 16:13

I saw it coming miles ahead....I'm honestly disappointed in this DLC. I think they really missed alot with this one. I feel as the state doesnt feel very big. I think it almost needs a scale up by like 5%. I can say the roads are not very realistic to what it is in real life. Ive made the drive between Cheyenne and Laramie alot and all ive got to say is they missed alot. Id say alot of views where definitely missed. Also coming out of Cheyenne you come across the wal-mart distribution center and then next thing you know you're droped into Laramie through the canyon. They're is also alot of HWY and county roads that i was hoping would be added but are not. Like by Laramie they're is road 34 just to the north off of 287 that runs you through Sybille canyon that's a really interesting road and connects to I-25 just south of Wheatland.

Also if youre going to Casper from Laramie you would go up 287 and then to 487 which is also missing alot of cool detail. Also i think that 287 that turns into 30 should continue through medicine bow because its actually a really big truck road for people trying to get away from I-80 or for more local drivers. Also 135 is also a missed road over by Riverton that is used more heavily by people coming off of 287 out of Rawlins. I was supersized by how few of town/citys that where in this DLC. I feel as that alot of big trucking towns where definitely missed, like Douglas, Buffalo, Cody, Wheatland and Saratoga. Also livestock was a big thing that was added with this DLC. Id have to say overall not bad, but could use some improvement for sure. The travel distance is a big one.

There is cattle that travels clear across the county, and with the DLC you're lucky to get a load that's through 2-3 states. So think that needs a touch up. So overall the state needs to feel bigger by at least 5%, they definitely missed some really cool roads, also missed some interesting and big truck towns/citys, and the livestock loads need to have a greater traveling distance and more verity other then just cows. So overall i dont know if i would recommend this DLC over any of the others. Definitely disappointed and would recommend getting any other DLC over this one.
IvanKuz

#5648 Post by IvanKuz » 19 Sep 2021 16:24

Good job copy-pasting this review from Steam.
Travismods

#5649 Post by Travismods » 19 Sep 2021 16:40

IvanKuz wrote: 19 Sep 2021 16:24 Good job copy-pasting this review from Steam.
So? The points still stand as valid.
Sora

#5650 Post by Sora » 19 Sep 2021 17:03

One thing about a lot of roads that "should" be there, like US 30 (between I-80 and Medicine Bow), US 287 (between Laramie and FoCo), and US 189 (between Evanston and 191), is that they'd make I-80 even more "crowded" than it already is... and that's one of the biggest complaints about the DLC.

Other than those and the obvious Cody/14 (which is a broken record at this point), there aren't really a lot of roads that actually add anything. They could maybe do US 16 (east of Worland), but the 25/90 intersection makes that a bit complicated. As you say, WY 135 and WY 34 don't seem completely without worth, and the latter is at least a little visually interesting... but they'd both be incredibly niche at 1:20 scale, particularly compared to a number of absent roads in other states.

Return to “General discussion about the game”