Wyoming Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3471 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jul 2021 15:14

Also if it is true that Yellowstone was planned to come later but moved up to launch, then Cody would likely be in the same boat. I'm waiting until the map reveal before counting out Cody as marked.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Trucker Nik

#3472 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Jul 2021 16:29

I would like them to show a map in the second gameplay video
Bedavd

#3473 Post by Bedavd » 30 Jul 2021 17:24

I think it'll happen accidentally during a stream, as is tradition hahahah
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#3474 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2021 19:09

I'm with @oldmanclippy. The map reveal is the say so unless some type of confirmation kicks in first.
_Roger_

#3475 Post by _Roger_ » 30 Jul 2021 20:45

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 30 Jul 2021 15:13 Who said that Cody will not be a marked town?
Game files, achievement lists.

If we do get Cody though, we will certainly know exactly when they decided to add Yellowstone, and it certainly wouldn't be when they started the rest of the state.

I still think no Mountain Home is a bigger miss in Idaho than no Cody would be in Wyoming.
oldmanclippy

#3476 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jul 2021 21:50

Yes, Cody as marked would be strong evidence that Yellowstone was brought forward to launch. Cody as unmarked doesn't tell us anything would also be 99% evidence for that because it doesn't make sense to have an unmarked town be a spur road like that from Greybull.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#3477 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2021 23:49

There's no need to mark Mt. Home. We already got Nampa squeezed in with Boise. Trying to squeeze Mt. Home in between Boise and Twin Falls makes for a crowded I-84. Unlike I-80, I-84 isn't as significant. No one missed sleep over Mt. Home but we are with Cody. I-84 continues fine without Mt. Home. It is scenic at least. It only has a Walmart and a Ford dealership for depots. Perhaps Marathon Cheese. Not enough to make it worth marking. But leave out Cody and YS and that ensures you will not get US-20/US-14 connecting Idaho Falls East into Wyoming. That just create a huge black hole in Wyoming. No hole comes to Idaho with Mt. Home missing as marked.
clifflandmark

#3478 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jul 2021 23:51

_Roger_ wrote: 30 Jul 2021 20:45
Game files, achievement lists.

If we do get Cody though, we will certainly know exactly when they decided to add Yellowstone, and it certainly wouldn't be when they started the rest of the state.
I understand you're thinking that Yellowstone been started later besides the rest of the area. also Cody was included due to the road to Yellowstone.

If it's what happens, then updating files and achievement list is a possibility.
flight50

#3479 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2021 00:41

^Yes. This is what I believe. Anything can be updated. The dlc isn't released so nothing is set in stone just yet. All that would indicate is that Cody was a late add if the achievements only show 10 and neither is Cody. For all we know, Cody could be scenic but with 1-2 remote depots from Sheridan. Wayyyy to far imo but possible I suppose. It would be disappointing to have such a large state only produce 10 marked cities. Wyoming could potentially have 13 marked cities imo. But 11 is the bare minimum. Its not hard to add a city as marked. Its all in the programming and in doing so sets up depot options. The more cities there are, the more spread out and diverse depots can be is a result of having more marked cities. ATS still suffers a little from lack of new companies and more industries. Add more to both these and we get more variety in cargo as well. Fix one...you fix another. Add to one...you add to another. The gameplay hopefully starts to refocus on what makes the game what it is. It not graphics, its not sound, its not features......but the gameplay itself is why ATS/ETS2 are where they are. I love this game because of what I can haul and where I can deliver it to. No cargo...you have a tourist sim. No industries...you have no cargo to pick up. But since we do have cargo and industries (the two main ingredients after the truck and trailer), they make up the game's economy.

So glad to see a few new companies coming with Wyoming. Glad to see a new industry comes with it. Not every dlc can bring both but for sure, every dlc can have new companies. Its inexcusable not to at least do that. Idaho was a head scratcher with new companies. We go zero there. Wyoming is managing to bring both new companies and at least one new industry and that is great. I'd expect Texas to follow but with more new companies and maybe more new industries as well. Should be interesting. Fast forward to Montana and I hope to see new companies come there as well. New industries? Ehhhh, not sure yet but I can tell you one that I saw...limestone. We have concrete in ATS but you can't get concrete without limestone. So that is at least one industry to exploit. I really hope SCS digs deep with every single state and put a lot of effort into bringing a new industry if possible. Worse case if they can't, just expand on an existing one.

I'm thinking Wyoming still has 1-2 tricks up its sleeve though. The longer it takes to release the dlc, the more will have to get revealed about the dlc to hold people over. Can't show off everything though. Wouldn't matter to a hardcore ATS fan as we'd buy it no matter what. Some people buy just to discover new stuff...won't play again until something else new comes. Hardcores........we just add to our collection and keep trucking regularly.
Quark

#3480 Post by Quark » 31 Jul 2021 04:57

For me Cody is just a "would be nice to have" city rather than a "must be in" city. Really don't understand all the fuss that is made about it from some of you guys tbh. Maybe someone can explain to me why it absolutely has to be in there, why it
would be such a huge miss if it doesn't. Still cannot see it. Also don't get why 10 cities should be dissappointing while 11 is ok? Why on earth cannot be 10 the bare minimum, why of all things 11? C'mon Flight, one city more or less cannot make
such a huge difference really?

Return to “General discussion about the game”