Wyoming Discussion Thread

Rockatansky6

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5601 Post by Rockatansky6 » 16 Sep 2021 23:22

flight50 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 20:03
gaillard wrote: 16 Sep 2021 18:09 Again, Flight, YOU'll be the person most deceived by Texas.
Sorry, but 19/20th of what you expect will not be in...
I doubt it my friend. I know more than you may think I know. My avatar is not in the game for no reason :D. But that's all I can say. I obviously won't get everything I'd like to see but I'll get enough to meet expectations. I mainly talk about what I'd like to see in the game in general, not just Texas. But I'm aware of even Texas's 1:20 scale. What I don't get for Texas, doesn't mean it can't come with another state in the future.

My brain runs 100mph for idea for ATS. It doesn't turn off. What I say today, could come in the next update. In the next 2 years or the next 8 years.

Is your avatar in the game???
Robinicus

#5602 Post by Robinicus » 17 Sep 2021 00:07

Trucker_71 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 22:14 I have no problem with the cattle loads,they don't have to come from Wyoming, just have to deliver there. My problem is the rail thing, I cannot find a single load for that! 😟
If you’re using my reefer light mod that may be the culprit…I added all the cargoes and defs but have had reports the rail loads don’t show. I am on the road this week so can’t fix it until the weekend.
Trucker_71

#5603 Post by Trucker_71 » 17 Sep 2021 02:17

Thanks for that, I'll check it out in the morning, I'm on my phone right now. 🙂
Shiva

#5604 Post by Shiva » 17 Sep 2021 03:58

Rockatansky6 as far as I remember, flight50 can be hired as a driver.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
s00zster

#5605 Post by s00zster » 17 Sep 2021 12:16

I've got all the DLC up until Wyoming, and I was in two minds about getting it until I read Number 4 on the feature list "Drive on the Highway to Heaven". That clinched it for me, I'd seen footage of this incredible stretch of road and I thought "Ok, I really want to drive that". Seeing as it was being touted as a main feature, I expected them to have made this as accurate and dramatic as possible.

Boy, am I disappointed.

There are more in-game dramatic roads in the ATS release states than this. This is basically a short bit of road that goes over a small hill, it's flat and shallow. It's pathetic. I had to drive around to make sure I was on the right bit of the map, I couldn't believe that was it. The real one sweeps down for miles into the distance and then sweeps right back up again. I can't believe SCS could have promoted this for what it was, they really shouldn't have bothered.
festmache

#5606 Post by festmache » 17 Sep 2021 14:05

As has been mentioned many times, the scale of the map is a major obstacle for the recreation of the world... Especially places that look wide and vast in real life, can be a lot smaller in the ATS world.

I also found myself disappointed a few times with specific places which were way smaller than I had hoped (like Monument Valley or the salt lakes around I-80 in Utah)... But other times, I was very pleasantly surprised with the beauty of places where I wouldn't have expected it.

So yeah, I understand your disappointment with the Highway to Heaven, but you might find that there's a lot of other places in Wyoming which you like better.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#5607 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Sep 2021 14:38

I think the only parts of Wyoming I've seen so far that they really goofed that can't be attributed to scaling would be the Boysen Reservoir near Shoshoni (much bigger and a completely different shape IRL) and the duplicate Ursa Major excavator at the Black Thunder Coal Mine. Every other inaccuracy I've come across is understandable.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#5609 Post by flight50 » 17 Sep 2021 15:03

I was hoping for a different blog today. But it has been more than a week so I suppose we had this coming.

As soon as everyone acknowledges scale and what can or can not be done, its much easier to understand. Add in the fact that SCS is from Europe. So emphasis on this or that, they may not think its a priority to draw more attention to things. What someone that knows x,y,z...SCS may not. Research is done well before the community gets a take at something. So not everything will be as expected. There will be many things that may not meet expectations. But if something is important, that's what the public research thread is for. Draw attention to the devs there. Bringing it up now won't do much good at all.

If you want the devs to know something well before a dlc is released, post it here viewforum.php?f=139
eonellivlem

#5610 Post by eonellivlem » 17 Sep 2021 15:25

s00zster wrote: 17 Sep 2021 12:16 I can't believe SCS could have promoted this for what it was, they really shouldn't have bothered.
Most of the bullet points for all the DLCs are really just bullshit points. Some of them literally make me :roll: especially when at the end of the list it usually says "and much more".
After driving through 90% of Wyoming i don't get the feeling of driving through a vast state with sparse towns, it all feels too compacted. I'm now literally using Wyoming as a drive-thru state, if i can motivate myself to play. When Iberia was released i drove approx 80-100 jobs during the WOTr event. For Wyoming event i drove about 25 and i feel as though i've seen it all.

Return to “General discussion about the game”