Wyoming Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2451 Post by Xaagon » 18 Jun 2021 20:35

I went back to the office full time at the end of May. It was quite an adjustment to get used to. I spend less time here now. Posting during work hours today because I'm on PTO... we have a use it or lose it policy.

I would guess that Cheyenne gets its own blog. After all, Jackson got one and it's much smaller. Perhaps their 2nd biggest city, Casper, would also get one if they follow the blog history started with Colorado. After Casper the towns get a lot smaller, though there's quite a bit of "city" content that could be added to Laramie.
flight50

#2452 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2021 21:11

More than likely I will be on here a little less as well once I return. I'll check-in when on break or something. I'll be here daily still most days, just not spending all day on here when blogs release.

You have a point on Casper though. I once thought about that possibility for the exact reason you mentioned.........Jackson. If it got one, why not something else besides Cheyenne. I know when Texas comes, no way will only 1-2 cities work. I'd expect at least
half a dozen city blog for its largest 6 cities that happen to all be in the top 25 in the US. Anything could can come to feed blogs though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Saturday or Sunday blog. So far, we had weekly Wyoming blogs during the week but nothing so far this week. Luckily, SCS is not anti weekend blogs. I was hoping to get Wyoming while still working from home for sure. I could have easily bought the dlc as soon as it uploads, played a couple of hrs and then made up time in the evening. Considering Wyoming could release the week before or during my return to office week, its bad timing for me. But my company has elected to move to working remotely on Fridays so not all is lost if we continue to get ATS dlc's on Thursday's. M-Th I'll be in the office and at home on Friday's. We only work 1/2 Friday's anyways so covid did add that flexibility. I'm betting a lot of companies are more flexible now.
Vinnie Terranova

#2453 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Jun 2021 21:52

I don't want too many city blogs; I want to discover cities by myself and not via a city blog. Two city blogs should be more than enough, maybe three for the Texas DLC (one big city, one middle sized city, and one small yet still interesting town).
flight50

#2454 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2021 22:00

Well that's solved by not looking at the blog and gameplay videos. There are many people that would love to see the city blogs. SCS has to promote major cities for these dlc's. Sometimes that is the deciding factor for someone buying it or not. Texas has too many big cities to not all get blogged in my opinion. 6 ouf out 25-35 cities really isn't a lot. They can easily only show 3-5% of any large city. So there will be plenty left to discover. They already showed us Dallas, Houston, Galveston and Amarillo on the blogs and the xmas stream so that is already 4. Wyoming is not Texas so it will have less. When they show a city, typically its all along 1-2 streets for a short distance. The California rebuild will have several as well and should be like Vegas since its base map. Each large city in Cali could get that same treatment.
harishw8r

#2456 Post by harishw8r » 19 Jun 2021 14:35

Well, that was close ... :P
parasaurolophus67

#2457 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Jun 2021 14:36

But hey! Those are "dam" nice pictures
MACX8

#2458 Post by MACX8 » 19 Jun 2021 14:38

Wyoming coming this month <3
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
parasaurolophus67

#2459 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Jun 2021 14:38

No. July would be the month
harishw8r

#2460 Post by harishw8r » 19 Jun 2021 14:44

We have already come to the point where June or July makes no sense at all. So July it is 😂

Return to “General discussion about the game”