Wyoming Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2481 Post by Shiva » 20 Jun 2021 03:57

US-26, Shoshoni.
West to east, on a strech of about 6miles, the road changes from 1+1 to 1+2 to 2+2 to 2+1 to 1+1 to 1+2 to 1+1 to 1+1+1. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43.2129 ... 78,13.75z/
I might have forgotten a change or 2?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Trucker Nik

#2482 Post by Trucker Nik » 20 Jun 2021 04:55

I want to ask, is it possible that with Wyoming we get US-20, which goes a little bit across Montana and then to Wyoming? I would also like to draw your attention to this page where you will find useful information about Wyoming and especially there are already confirmed cities in this DLC https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Wyoming I noticed that the release date has been changed from TBA to coming soon, in my opinion it means Wyoming is close to release
Bedavd

#2483 Post by Bedavd » 20 Jun 2021 05:06

@Ceco I know we've discussed US 20 before in the past. It looks like it wont likely be coming with Wyoming, even if we do get Yellowstone. There aren't any signs that SCS has been doing work on extending US 20 out of Idaho Falls. I'd wager there's a 99% chance we don't see US 20 yet, based purely on the lack of work that seems to be done to it leading out of Idaho Falls. If it were coming we'd be able to see more for sure as SCS works to make the DLCs compatible with each other. I, personally, was also thinking that we might possibly see West Yellowstone as a marked city for Montana, which would make it even less likely we'd be able to access it with Wyoming.

Yes I've found myself on and updating the Wiki a lot recently. It's important to know that it is NOT official by any means. SCS isn't involved in it. The change from "TBA" to "coming soon" was done by some random person outside of SCS, just like you or me, working on the same information we have. I agree release is closing rapidly, but be careful not to put too much weight on things the Wiki says PARTICULARLY when it's in regards to upcoming or unreleased content. It's purely speculation and while fun and interesting, it's not factual.

When this page changes the release date from TBA, then it'll be time to get excited :lol:
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Trucker Nik

#2484 Post by Trucker Nik » 20 Jun 2021 06:06

@Bedavd I thought steam had changed the release date from TBA to coming soon, so at least that's what it writes to me, right down in the steamer under Wyoming, yes I know the wiki is not official but most of the cities written there will be in the game, so I dare to say that there will definitely be 11 cities in Wyoming, if I will be exactly the ones written there will be seen
flight50

#2485 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 06:12

Bedavd wrote: 20 Jun 2021 00:50 Ahhh I see what you mean now. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out! We're getting almost weekly Wyoming blogs now so things are ramping up. Good think I start my first full-time job around the time of suspected release :(

It's also interesting that now UT 30/WYO 86 is confirmed for the game, which matches what we had on the usa.dds file. Not a great sign for the Cokeville portion of US 30 and also for YS and Cody imo, but I for one will continue to wait and watch closely with my fingers crossed.
Yeah, from the options I made back in November, I always said option 3,4 or 5 are the best. Option 5 is more work and it really depended Bear Lake. Option 3 is the bare minimum now considering we got US-30 to I-15 in the game. I don't see us getting the back side of Bear Lake but we'll see. I'll take any extra roads SCS is willing to give us.

Congrats on starting your first full time job. Coming out of school and starting is always a good feeling. Work your way up the later and become an asset to the best of your abilities. You'll be okay. Just soak up all the info you can. One thing I learn is that its about who you know and not always what you know. Don't be afraid to listen. Your co-workers are there to help and make you better. Making you better helps them out. Learn and grow man. At some point, we were all wet behind the ears.

I'll never give up hope on YS. Even if it has to come later with when Montana brings in US-20 from Idaho Falls, that is okay. Well okay as in better than nothing. YS should be a Wyoming thing, not Montana. But we really need West Yellowstone to setup Yellowstone and I don't see SCS giving us any parts of Montana for the Wyoming dlc. Idaho with Oregon was a one time thing I'm sure. So if we are lucky, the 2021 Xmas stream will announce Montana and its on. It could take about a good 1.5 years though. So Winter 2022 if the Wyoming team moves there once Wyoming releases. I'm very excited to get Montana though. Not just because it completes the West or eliminates the I-90 gap but just the sheer open country side and beauty of Montana will be well received. If Wyoming is looking this good, imagine how good Montana will look coming out of Idaho and heading into the Great Plains. Montana is an extension to Wyoming and the Dakotas. The GP of Montana (East of I-15) is about the size of Oregon and that is a ton of space to play with.

In regards to the Wiki, take that with a grain of salt. Douglas.........I don't see the point in it being marked. It doesn't make sense to me. Its scenic at best. I'd be pissed if Douglas was marked and not Cody. Douglas as little industry where as Cody is a lot more beneficial to the game. But a lot of that Wiki seems like its people adding info that we talk about on here. If one follows this thread post per post, you'll find the vast majority of all that here.
festmache

#2486 Post by festmache » 20 Jun 2021 12:31

Since we're getting closer and closer to Wyoming's release, and the frequency of blog posts has increased, I'm getting very excited. Each blog post shows some awesome stuff... (The Flaming Gorge Dam... whoa!)

I think Wyoming will be similar to Idaho, in the sense that it's a great combination between majestic nature and relatively straight and boring interstates. I mean "boring" in a very positive way. Since Colorado's release, I've found myself driving from CO to ID and back a lot. The interstates in Idaho are very relaxing. The northern roads have more spectecular nature, but the interstates in the south give me the road trip feeling for which I love ATS.

It's this great combination which I also expect from Wyoming, although with a way more convenient road network due to its shape :)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
flight50

#2487 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 13:27

^I can agree with that. Wyoming just has a much better road layout vs Idaho because of its shape. It has the potential to be a rectangular map, if the devs gave that too us. Add in all the interconnecting roads and Wyoming is just as attractive road wise as Colorado. I-80 and I-25 are our only interstates, but if you are a backroad rider, (like I am), then Wyoming will definitely be relaxing. I think it can be boringly good too though. Perhaps a gameplay video will show us some of the more boring areas we get to drive because Wyoming should all be interesting if its to depict real life. Eastern Colorado gave us a good taste of the Great Plains and now Wyoming will add on to that for sure. It sets up a huge portion to what we can expect in Montana as well. Once we go East of Wyoming and Colorado, the Great Plains go even more green and to the only 100% GP states in the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas and beyond.

I-80 parallels I-70 nicely and is a very nice alternate. Hopefully it helps nicely with the detours feature that I might reactive. But I just might wait til Texas too for that. SCS asked for feedback ideas for detours but I have yet to hear any adjustments have been made to it. Once we get all of the West in, hopefully we can get more road density considering the terrains of the West is more time consuming. Now maybe that time consuming part can go towards road density as we push East.
harishw8r

#2488 Post by harishw8r » 20 Jun 2021 13:36

I’m not sure if this has been discussed already, but how many garages you think Wyoming would have? Or where would you like to station?

Cheyenne being the capital will have one. Evanston also has one.

About the personal choice though, it totally depends on how many cities the state would have. 10 Cities means Cheyenne and (hopefully) Sheridan, 11 means I’d add one more, maybe Jackson.
clifflandmark

#2489 Post by clifflandmark » 20 Jun 2021 14:48

I'll cruise control 25 mph and turn my head everywhere for whole Wyoming. Flaming Gorge Dam seems great. thx for tourist simulator :D
festmache

#2490 Post by festmache » 20 Jun 2021 14:53

flight50 wrote: 20 Jun 2021 13:27 I-80 and I-25 are our only interstates, but if you are a backroad rider, (like I am), then Wyoming will definitely be relaxing. I think it can be boringly good too though.
I like the phrase "boringly good" :)

And I agree that backroads can have the same relaxed vibe as interstates. Definitely looking forward to those in Wyoming and later, indeed, Montana.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”