Wyoming Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1981 Post by harishw8r » 16 May 2021 08:43

I’d be fine with Yellowstone not coming with Wyoming (only if Montana comes after Texas and Yellowstone is added to MT).
Shiva

#1982 Post by Shiva » 16 May 2021 09:28

Yellowstone, someday, but no clue if at Wyoming release, or when Montana comes. My theory.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1983 Post by flight50 » 16 May 2021 14:39

If YS does not come with Wyoming, there isn't a point of trying to include it later imo. Yellowstone is like 90% all in Wyoming. Montana is large enough so I wouldn't bother taking from Wyoming to add to Montana. Its a Wyoming park afterall.

If we have any chance to get Canyon Village mapped to make deliveries, it has to be a Wyoming add. No YS puts Cody and US-14 in a Salmon type situation. Wyoming has a pretty good road layout if YS is in place. US-34 connects US-40 to I-25 nicely going thru a National Park. CA-120 connects CA-99 to US-395 going thru a National Park. We should be able to go US-191 to US-14 in this dlc imho.
Freeze338

#1984 Post by Freeze338 » 16 May 2021 15:13

Didn't read that discussion too much but how is "Yellowstone could make it or not" a thing that we discuss? Wyoming=Mountains, bisons and Yellowstone. It would be like Utah without Monument Valley, Colorado without Million Dollar Highway, Washington without trees...

I'm not giving any chance not to see one of the most iconic national park in US since Yosemite and Rocky Mountains National Park made it in the game. But what is your reasoning? Will they wait for Montana or something else ? If it's about Montana, well I don't think they wanted to make it another Idaho scenario with tons of roads which waits for Montana I guess.
oldmanclippy

#1985 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 May 2021 15:14

@harishw8r I think they'll probably just put some depot owned by Gillette (or Newcastle if it's in) near it.

On the topic of Yellowstone, I'd be pretty shocked if they left it out. It's the most famous location in all of Wyoming. US-191 as truckable (I don't know if the game can fine you for taking over 60/75 feet), US-14 as fineable. I think they're saving it for one of the last blogs. If YS does not come, then I agree there's no point in adding it with Montana since YS is associated with Wyoming.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Ascension37

#1986 Post by Ascension37 » 16 May 2021 16:46

I think they'll do Yellowstone Park, with a point of interest.
I am not English speaking sorry
Louno Trucker

#1987 Post by Louno Trucker » 16 May 2021 17:08

I'm convinced Yellowstone park will be in this next DLC this place is so iconic I can't imagine it's not coming plus most of the park is in Wyoming as mentioned by @flight50
TruckSim lover since 2017

I use DeepL Translator
Shiva

#1988 Post by Shiva » 16 May 2021 20:33

I forgot US-14/20. ...
Changed from maybe/maybenot to yes. For Yellowstone.
Atleast the Yellowstone Lake, area.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1989 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2021 13:19

oldmanclippy wrote: 16 May 2021 15:14 @harishw8r I think they'll probably just put some depot owned by Gillette (or Newcastle if it's in) near it.

I think they're saving it for one of the last blogs.
In regards to YS, yes yes yes. I seriously think this is what is going on with YS. Its a major part of Wyoming so why not save it til last. Like I mentioned before, YS could easily get blogged after Cheyenne. But it could also come before it too. Typically the capital city comes as one of the last blogs. We could be in open beta by time it comes. To me, YS is a bigger ticket item than Cheyenne. But if YS is not in the game, I apologize to all of you for talking about it so much but its a miss that is on SCS. I'm only advocating it. It would make zero sense to have Yosemite and Colorado National Park but no YS. Currently, we do not have the National Park in Southern Utah either and that was a proposed route by SCS on their dds file that we do not have. I still hope someday that it will get added to Utah.

I advocated for Hulett, WY a few times. It has (2) lumber depots and you pass by Devil's Tower to get to those lumber sites. That gives incentive to see Devil's Tower a lot more often than what you'd normally see it. Devils Tower is like Chimney Rock. You get to pass it and see it more often if given a reason to pass it. I am not expecting the continuation of WY-24 though because it terminates in South Dakota. I expect that US-212 will come from Montana and hit US-85 in SD. If Hulett does come, I don't see it hitting US-85 but ya never know. It is a very nice scenic drive thru the country side. Trucks do ride this route though.

[ external image ]

Sundance is a scenic type town vs marked. There is a port of entry there that SCS more than likely includes off I-90. Hopefully someday the Port of Entries, inspections/weigh stations, Ag station and scales have a meaningful roll in the game. Between Sundance and New Castle, if it were me, one would be marked to get Hulett in the game with a depot or two. New Castle is the worthy one to be marked imo. Too much industry there vs Sundance. Sundance is definitely scenic in my book. But I am not too optimistic in either being marked honestly. New Castle at this point only makes the game if we can get some type of confirmation that we even get US-85 North to South. I think US-16 should get us from I-90 to the Black Hills. Same with US-85 and US-385. I think we should have a back door to Rapid City,SD via those roads. So far, only Torrington is confirmed and that can be accessed with US-26 only. I'd love to run the Eastern most road in Wyoming just like we can run US-385 in Colorado but that is up to SCS. WY-59 and I-25 can easily be the Eastern most road in Wyoming and that will be a slight disappointment for me. I'm crossing my fingers for YS and US-85. We finally got confirmation of the a coal mine off WY-59, trona mine of I-80 and Bighorns of US-14 so those are (3) check marks off my list of confirmations.
Xaagon

#1990 Post by Xaagon » 17 May 2021 16:28

As to Yellowstone, I think it does get added to Wyoming. I'm not sure how much of it though. The other national parks we have in ATS don't generally include depots... I think Grand Canyon is the only one.

For a Wyoming only Yellowstone, I could see US-191 to US-14. If connecting to Idaho, US-20, and we would also get a sliver of Montana with West Yellowstone. Going to Montana requires either US-191 north of West Yellowstone, US-89, or US-212. I'm thinking they would go with US-191 as it goes straight to Bozeman but I don't see getting that until Montana DLC. US-89 would be the most Yellowstone centric, but they would either have to build it as a dead end until Montana comes along or wait for Montana to build it at all if they pick this one. I'm thinking 89 & 191 are too close together to get both.

Return to “General discussion about the game”