Wyoming Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3391 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jul 2021 21:07

totally wrong trailer for this
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Shiva

#3392 Post by Shiva » 27 Jul 2021 21:12

Cattle can be selled from auction houses to farms, or even from 1 farm to another, etc.

I have not give up on Torrington, btw.
Atleast not until some one finds clones of https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0662436 ... 312!8i6656 in Wyoming.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Bedavd

#3393 Post by Bedavd » 27 Jul 2021 21:23

There are tons of games that depict much more graphic instances of violence against animals. Red Dead Redemption 2 lets you personally kill and shows very graphic images of them being skinned. The game is rated M, of course, but if you look at the ESRB's rating explanation it doesn't seem to mention anything about the hunting, only the blood and gore/violence against people.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/35888/Red+ ... emption+2/

I doubt anything would happen to the rating because of slaughterhouses being shown. And I doubt any backlash that SCS gives will be very big when there are SO many other games that depict much worse. If SCS wants to be uber cautious then that's their decision. I don't think they need to worry about it at all. I don't think they got anything for ETS2.

There are lots of problems with the meat industry in America and how they're run, but delivering virtual cows to a virtual building is hardy "promoting abuse" or anything. It's small fry compared to the actual problems even within that industry.

@Shiva I searched around google for Auction Houses and couldn't find any buildings that looked like it. Both the ones in the blog definitely don't look like Torrington (could be the 2nd and 3rd are and they moved it further from the road to have the prefab, because it does look like it's near a downtown area). Could be that SCS liked that building and decided to duplicate it for all auction house prefabs.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
rbsanford

#3394 Post by rbsanford » 27 Jul 2021 21:31

I would understand these protests if we were talking about sending bison to slaughterhouses, because those are majestic wild animals that were nearly hunted to extinction, but livestock animals were bred by humans to produce more meat, milk, and eggs, just as modern crops were tamed to actually be edible and delicious. If it's wrong to kill and eat modern cows, then it must also be wrong to harvest and eat modern corn, which isn't any more organic.

As long as the slaughtering itself isn't shown, and there are no dead animals, I can't imagine the rating would change. Implication alone shouldn't bring up the rating; we can already move beef in the game, so its implied that cows are already slaughtered, just not at plants. There are also the F-22 Raptors and the artillery at Yuma Proving Ground, as well as many war memorials, implying that war still exists. The police departments imply crime, and the cemeteries imply death, but despite the fact that these things are implied and not shown, does this mean the game should have an M rating?

All that said, I actually wouldn't mind that much if we just moved cattle between farms and auction lots. The beef industry with processing plants will definitely be necessary for Texas and Kansas, to name some of the bigger beef states, but for the time being, I'm just happy to have the livestock trailers, and I'm sure many feel the same way.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
plykkegaard

#3395 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2021 21:35

flight50 wrote: 27 Jul 2021 19:25 Slaughter houses would be meat processing. Cattle in, meat out. That could be viewed as animal cruelty in may people's eyes.
Transporting live stock is cruelty, much more than a meat processing plant IMO
Considering taking a livestock trailer for 3.000 miles long distance hauling in ATS?
SCS and Pavel need to get their fact straight if this is their concern

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Bedavd

#3396 Post by Bedavd » 27 Jul 2021 21:40

So I spent some more time looking at the Gameplay video and at the VERY beginning you can see through the trees at the Riverton Auction yard and it definitely has the Torrington style building. The yard and surrounding details don't match either of the Auction Houses show in the blog (could be that lots changed between the video and this blog, though).

Pics 2 and 3 have the "cow on a pole" and the exit the livestock trailer is using, both of which are missing in the gameplay video. Pics 4 and 5 the yard looks a bit too sparse of larger buildings and there isn't enough in the surrounding I'd say.
Last edited by Bedavd on 28 Jul 2021 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
howey

#3397 Post by howey » 27 Jul 2021 23:18

Cool to see Livestock trailers added into the game. Tbh i would of thought they would been part of the Texas DLC but nevermind good to see the addition.

Now regarding the benefit of them hopefully multiple animals will be available to haul for them and now just cows. Relating to places auction houses and travelling between farms/ranches would be just fine for locations imo. Long distance travel with animals is possible.

Now I just hope they they add more various crop types for the hoppers to haul. 10 crop types with seed and fertilizer would be fair at this point.
Grizzly

#3398 Post by Grizzly » 27 Jul 2021 23:44

I wanna take them to Bovine University :lol:
dkasper00

#3399 Post by dkasper00 » 28 Jul 2021 00:36

Happy for those that want the livestock trailers, I'll probably not use them. Not for my views, just that this type of trailer does not interest me at all.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
clifflandmark

#3400 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jul 2021 02:21

"people" eat meat. men, women, children, liberals, redne*ks, feminists...even vegans eat meat when they're alone :lol:

there's no reason to keep slaughterhouses as a secret.

That's a truck simulation, we don't swing knives on them.
we don't see what they're doing these animals.

Return to “General discussion about the game”