Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3311 Post by flight50 » 24 Jul 2021 16:08

ThatWeirdTrucker wrote: 23 Jul 2021 21:09 I guess I worded my words wrong then, I only assumed it was a delay. I was not positive about the delay. SCS would never tell us anything like this honestly.
Not on here at least. In due time they will speak on streams. No point in saying anything here because we have no clue what's going on. Dlc's releases between other dlc is mute when there is only one map to release. There is a pattern until there is no pattern. A dlc will come when its polished. Release a buggy dlc and we got Oregon 2018 all over again. That was perhaps the worse dlc launch that I can think of in terms of a released to soon not polished dlc. ATS can't afford another buggy Oregon. Bad enough we get some missing roads that the vast majority speculated to be in. Minus those and non polished and your asking for bugs.
korpiklaani728 wrote: 24 Jul 2021 06:43 The release date of Dlc Wyoming is still being addressed here, but have you noticed the blog on SCS that only last week they returned to the offices from the Home office, hired and taught new employees and moved the offices to new premises ?? I think that too could be the reason for the later release of WY.
I disagree. It only takes a few days to move back into the office. Its not that difficult as it was moving out of the office. My office just moved back 2 Mondays ago full time. Granted we are not as large as SCS is but they could have incrementally came back. It was the busiest the first 3 days. 1 week is not enough to say it was a delay. Based on what most of us speculated, we are several weeks off. But that is only going by previous dlc releases in which we had 2 states per year. If Texas goes to 2022, Wyoming would be our only map. So if it pushes deeper into the year, no worries. It'll come eventually though.
clifflandmark wrote: 24 Jul 2021 11:37 not everything in CA will get rebuilded until lower 48 completed. so definition of CA rebuild is something "smaller" than I expect.

2 sectors means nothing. I could write there 5-6 sectors or 10-15. this will not change what will get rebuilded.focus on what I mean instead of how words chosen.

You can't expect 3 people to rebuild whole CA. Can you guess how long it would take if 3 people rebuild whole CA. Unless rebuild team does not support with more manpower, either "rebuild" definition is smaller or a completed CA takes too long.

altough I want CA to rebuild as fast as possible, it'll lack of quality when NY comes.
I have to disagree. Are you saying all of California won't be rebuilt unit after 2030? Assuming it will take til about 2030-2033 to complete the US? California can easily be a 2-3 year project with a small team. Actually sectors means a ton. Only one person can work a sector at a time. There are only so many sectors that will get done per update. I doubt CA will lack much when NY comes. CA is the same quality as Idaho/Colorado and Texas will be. Visually, not sure how much more then can or should try improving outside of AA support and weathering system. Its been noted that ATS is pretty much leveling out graphically at this point. There is no huge jump from 2019 map to 2020 maps. That could go several years before we see a jump. If anything, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington would lack quality. Not California. California will be newer than Wyoming and maybe even Texas by the time its completed. Wyoming is looking good but it won't be a night and day difference compared to Wyoming to Arizona let say.
korpiklaani728

#3312 Post by korpiklaani728 » 24 Jul 2021 18:18

_Roger_ wrote: 24 Jul 2021 09:44 @korpiklaani728 so how come it didn't affect Colorado or Idaho?
clifflandmark wrote: 16 Jul 2021 09:41 How long it takes depends on how large the CA rebuild is. If we assume that CA rebuild consists of 2 sectors, North and South, half of the work already completed.
Again, how do you consider a rebuld which updated 5% of the states roads half done?
clifflandmark wrote: 16 Jul 2021 09:41 So, CA rebuild is possible in 3 months
This is a terrible take.
Well, because Idaho was released in July 2020 and Colorado was released in November 2020, so most of the work on these Dlc was done and the impact of the restrictions on Covid 19, including the forced Home Office, was not as great as Dlc Wyoming and will be known to DlcTexas. .Of course it's just my opinion.
interstate trav

#3313 Post by interstate trav » 24 Jul 2021 22:39

They do need to have California rebuilt or almost done to help with sales because that’s the Basemap, so people will judge the game more by that before getting other states.
angrybirdseller

#3314 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jul 2021 05:42

Wyoming will likely arrive in August or September time frame, I doubt there was delay think they had less people on the project than Colorado. The majority of the manpower at this point on Texas and Montana along with small team with California. With the rebuild team they can add new hires to it and let the other teams work without delays.
Vinnie Terranova

#3315 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 25 Jul 2021 06:58

I keep thinking about this strange Weigh Station blog. Let's take a look at the pace of releasing Wyoming blogs:

Wed 2 June - Road Network
+6 = Tue 8 June - Devils Tower
+8 = Sat 19 June - Water Bodies
+5 = Thu 24 June - Road Networks #2
+5 = Tue 29 June - Gameplay Video #1
+7 = Tue 6 July - Cities Along I-80
+16 = Thu 22 July - Weigh Stations

So, why did it take a whopping 16 days for the next Wyoming blog to be released? What happened between 6 July and 22 July? Well, not so much... Ofcourse we got the v1.41 update with convoy, but that has nothing to do with Wyoming. SCS moved back to office; that may have taken 2 or 3 days I guess? And then there were also some small blogs which were not related to Wyoming at all.

So why did we have to wait for this whopping 16 days, and why did we get a quite boring blog? I would have understand if we would have got a Yellowstone blog after 16 days; the reason that we had to wait so long would probably have to do with polishing Yellowstone for the needed screenshots for the blog. But waiting for 16 days for a boring blog..? Like I said in a previous post I really think that Wyoming is delayed unexpectedly. But why?

Does it have to do with Yellowstone? Is it the summer holidays? Did the back to office move took more time than anticipated?

Did we need a blog about weigh stations? I would have understand if weigh stations would have got new functionality. But the only thing the blog shows us is the look of some weigh stations... I don't know; I don't need a blog that shows me how some of the weigh stations look like. I can discover and see that for myself when Wyoming is released. I really want to know why SCS decided to put out a blog about weigh stations...
gaillard

#3316 Post by gaillard » 25 Jul 2021 07:29

Try transcendental meditation. Maybe enlightment will come.
Ommmmmmmm.
clifflandmark

#3317 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Jul 2021 10:56

ohhhmmmmmmmm...

I found out that newbies in team screwed up in their sectors and pros are fixing it.

thanks for the translantic meditation. it works.
interstate trav

#3318 Post by interstate trav » 25 Jul 2021 19:30

I’m sure it will come soon.
Shiva

#3319 Post by Shiva » 26 Jul 2021 06:12

I no longer have a clue when it will be released.
But I am sure it will look good.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
hangman005

#3320 Post by hangman005 » 26 Jul 2021 06:59

I'm 100% sure it won't be released yesterday... so there's that.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland

Return to “General discussion about the game”