Wyoming Discussion Thread

cwat89

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1801 Post by cwat89 » 16 Apr 2021 11:40

Talking about the truck featured for Wyoming I can understand the 49x since it’s considered to be the rugged one of the bunch plus I did see a lot of western stars when I was out there but it was mainly the 4900. Aside from that most were all Petes 379/389, W900, and LoneStars. Most were 8x4 configuration. Very few aero style trucks unless it was for like UPS or Walmart stuff like that.
flight50

#1802 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 12:33

@angrybirdseller hmmmm, you got my mind turning, lol. Very interesting thoughts on random railroad drop offs. This would be a perfect opportunity for SCS to remove a few XXX barriers and lead us to rail road repairs or derailing of trains to clean up the situation. I like that idea. A few new prefabs would have to be created to sprinkle around the map. From bringing in equipment to repair jobs, I love this thought. We should be able to get paved to dirt roads and just dirt roads to go to random sites.

@howey Honestly, I think rigids are on the menu. I can't say when but if SCS acknowledged it years back, I think it blows up ETS2 even more. I'm optimistic about it too though. If ATS can get 8x4/4x2, I think rigids will someday come. We got articulated trailers, owned trailers, HH, ST, rolled down windows, new sound, new render in DX11, etc.........heck ATS if finally getting a truck roster. Miracles can happen. Things just take time. Outside of SCS its too slow for us but inside SCS I am sure they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The way I always tryyyyy to see things is that SCS employs just over 200 people now. There are thousands of us out here that play ETS2/ATS monthly and that is thousands of opinions to deal with. Take the most numerous of complaints and by the time its developed and released, there are 20 more complaints. Some things just take a seriously long time to develop. Hey...MP is coming too and no one thought that would see the light of day. 1-2 big features a year is what we get. Rigid when they do come, will be a big hit. It seems like baby steps are leading up to it though......owned trailers and now cargo market based on cargo/pallets.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1803 Post by supersobes » 16 Apr 2021 12:34

In ETS2, SCS added train axles and train undercarriage as a flatbed cargo for the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC. Hopefully they'll be able to bring that cargo the ATS for the railroad industries the Wyoming DLC.
flight50

#1804 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 13:18

There are several cargoes in ETS2 that are not proprietary to Europe that SCS can use. The thing is, someone has to care enough to get ATS more cargo. ETS2 is much more developed than ATS so its easier to recycle even to a different game. For those that play both game regularly, yeah its the same cargo but still different game. For people that only play one game or the other, we really don't know what comes new and what is old. So along with using assets in both games, enough new should come to both games as well. But there are a lot of common things that are not country bias. Several of the large machinery is shared.

For me, if a new industry is introduced, it should have a decent amount of cargo added to support it. 6-8 pieces of cargo isn't a ton to ask for imho. Depends on the complexity of the model of course. Machinery is obviously a lot more time consuming. Def files, smh...they are much easier to deal with. Just a matter of coding it all in. If the devs added curtain siders back to the game, curtain siders and sliding tarps can have more cargo that makes sense vs vans and reefers. Anything that can go on flatbeds trailers can typically go in curtain siders/sliding tarps.
Shiva

#1805 Post by Shiva » 16 Apr 2021 22:11

Railroad repairs = ok
Carry steam, electric or diesel loco's = ok
But derailed trains, that I can skip.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Xaagon

#1806 Post by Xaagon » 17 Apr 2021 01:53

Railroad ties would be an excellent addition. Take them from Deep & Grove to the rail sites, or even to HomeStore/Plaster & Sons - they could be used for landscaping material too.

Edit: I guess technically, they're using cement ties now. Maybe do this from Namiq / Coastline Mining?
supersobes
Global moderator

#1807 Post by supersobes » 17 Apr 2021 03:01

I think the cement railroad ties are only for special rail lines. All of the Amtrak, CSX, and Norfolk Southern rail lines that I've seen in real-life still install wooden ties. At many highway-rail grade crossings, it's not uncommon to see a pile of wooden railroad ties laying in a patch of gravel near the tracks, waiting to be installed. Just a simple gravel lot next to a grade crossing would be the perfect place for SCS to simulate the delivery of rail equipment.

[ external image ]
Xaagon

#1808 Post by Xaagon » 17 Apr 2021 03:13

That would be cool. Maybe some day in the future we could back into that road and see an animation of the railroad using a rail mounted crane to unload us.

The BNSF tracks in Monument, CO have cement ties now where they've recently been worked on, but they used to be all wood. That line is mostly used for coal trains. I remember before the cement ties went in the tracks moved quite a bit as trains were going over them. I thought that was a bit alarming... apparently the railroad did too.

I checked this area out on google street view and they happened to get a picture as they were still working on it:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0915097 ... 384!8i8192
flight50

#1809 Post by flight50 » 17 Apr 2021 03:42

HomeDepot doesn't sell rail road ties. At least not the ones here in Texas when I worked there. Railroad ties are soaked in creosote in which Home Depot does not do. This would be a landscape company that threats the ties. What they sell at HomeDepot is just pressure treated lumber which wouldn't last as ties by itself.

I wish SCS put in a precast company. Vaughn Concrete Product Inc in Cheyenne would be perfect. We have precast concrete tubes that are cargo in ATS but its another product that doesn't have a finished flow chart. We need limestone quarries and other materials to make concrete. Then they go to a processing facility and then ship out to construction sites. Right now, the concrete tubes just pop up without a complete process. Coastline/Namiq can not mine and process. We need more companies per industry like ETS2 where the number per industry is well beyond 3 per industry. This lack of multiple companies per industry is limiting ATS on what it can be. There should be separate companies doing separate things. To many cities with the same company name in them. Wallbert, Gallon, Plaster & Sons, Bitumen, etc...they are all guilty of this. If they do something different, make a new company, why the repeats.

We have I-180 in Cheyenne and Vaughn Concrete is right down the road from the American Lines train yard. There should be plenty of space to add this in Wyoming. I believe there is a Limestone quarry depot in ETS2. Use it and its cargo and provide a limestone quarry in ATS. The large limestone cargo in ETS2 can come to ATS flatbeds. Along with dumper loads of crushed limestone. Having the proper mine/quarry to start the concrete process would be nice. Forterra in Texas would be another chance for a precast company to make molds. But hauling directly from a mine won't actually produce concrete ties. We need some type of processing facility that does molds.

[ external image ]

Possible Precast loads
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Seen in the Wyoming blog at the train depot
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Nice shots of side of the rail delivers. It wouldn't take much space at all. Just something to get trailers in with equipment and get outta there. @Xaagon nice location. I had to use it, lol as its the perfect location.
West Side - Flatbed loads and vans. One way flow. Or make it challenging and only reverse in is the way to park the trailer.
[ external image ]

East side. Heavy Haul and Lowboys. Needs more space to turn around to leave.
[ external image ]

@supersobes your pic is an even better example for challenge. Only make it so that you have to reverse onto that gravel road. The road doesn't need to be long at all if we reverse in.
ALT2870

#1810 Post by ALT2870 » 17 Apr 2021 05:19

Concrete ties are being put in on more regularly traffic'd lines that see a lot of trains, also necessary for higher speed rail now days as well. Wooden ties are still plenty in use, though they are almost always treated if not made by the railroad themselves. If you want cheap wood, call your local railroad as they usually like to sell them.

Return to “General discussion about the game”