Wyoming Discussion Thread

bundygo

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#801 Post by bundygo » 17 Jan 2021 12:06

maybe a release will be announced that day? + Texas is very big and will take over 6 months
CodArk2

#802 Post by CodArk2 » 17 Jan 2021 13:35

Wyoming doesn’t have many road miles or big cities. It could come earlier than Washington or Idaho did in 2019 and 2020 respectively. So late April is possible but is probably the earliest it could come. I don’t see it coming in July like Idaho , I would say late April- late June is reasonable.
Shiva

#803 Post by Shiva » 17 Jan 2021 14:03

For release?
Beta's might give a hint.
The connections to Idaho and Colorado.
fra_ba wrote: 16 Jan 2021 19:29 Could be the case considering no image so far in that area! But we better wait!
Regarding the 18: it's probably in Rock River:
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7413909 ... 312!8i6656
there is a landmark in the distance, probably a welcome sign sort of similar to Rock River welcome sign
That makes it the 2nd screenshot from that area.
Atleast as far as I can tell.
The 1st was from the river crossing. Sout of Rock River.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
harishw8r

#804 Post by harishw8r » 17 Jan 2021 14:58

Bedavd wrote: 16 Jan 2021 20:12 Actually, it seems like an even split, with a bit more in eastern Wyoming. I plopped down a pin for each picture (aside from 21, IDK where that is) in my ATS map to show where they were coming from. I'll put a picture of that below.

There are 4 around Sheridan, 3 around Laramie, 3 around Jackson, and 2 in Casper
I have a suggestion. Every time a pic is posted, we can keep updating them in a map, like the one in this post. I won't be able to do it as I'm not familiar with the locations. Can someone take this up?
flight50

#805 Post by flight50 » 17 Jan 2021 15:25

Bedavd wrote: 16 Jan 2021 18:05 Some off the bat discoveries. Will update this as I find more.

1) US 191 and Gros Venture Road roundabout, north of Jackson, Wy,
2) Not enough information to locate. Possibly US 26 NE of Dubois, Wy (thanks @rbsanford)
3) United Presbyterian Church on Grand Ave in Laramie, Wy,
4) Jackson Ranger District on US 191 in Jackson, Wy,
5) Mill Inn on US 87 in Sheridan, Wy,
6) US 20 north of Thermopolis, Wy,
7) Medicine Bow Museum on US 287 in Medicine Bow, Wy,
8) Best Western on US 14 in Sheridan, Wy,
9) Not enough information to locate. Might be on US 89 near Moran, Wy, . (thanks fra_ba)
10) Bruce Hoffman Golden Dome, seen from I-90 in Sheridan, Wy, ].
11) West shot of Wells Fargo Bank, US 20 in Casper, Wy, .
12) Old Town Hall on 11th and Main in Evanston, Wy, .
13) Laramie Valley Chappel on Grand Ave in Laramie, Wy, .
14) St. Matthew's Cathedral on US 30 in Laramie, Wy, .
15) Ranger Station in Bridger-Teton National Forest, exact location unknown (thanks rbsanford)
16) Wyo Theatre on US 14 in Sheridan, Wy, .
17) East shot of Wells Fargo Bank, US 20 in Casper, Wy, .
18) US 30 in Rock River, Wy, . (thanks @fra_ba)
19) Acme Theatre on US 26 in Riverton, Wy, .
20) The Wort Hotel on US 26 in Jackson, Wy, .
21) Not enough information to locate. Might be WY-487 in Medicine Bow, Wy, . (thanks @DangItBobby)
I love the way you put this together. Its easy to follow. If its not known, its still accounted for. I'm not good at finding this stuff so I love to see what you all come up with, lol. My two cents

Pic 1. This is freakin' amazing. I absolutely love those mountains. The Tetons look awesome. Great job SCS. The new lighting makes that scene seriously pop. Pic 1 starts off this impressive list of screen shots which was a good sign for the rest of the screen shots to be pleasing as well. Wyoming WILL NOT be that boring state as some may think. On cue just like I've been saying, SCS will give us a good Wyoming despite it being desolate. Wyoming looks like it gives that nice small towns type feel. The assets look great.

Pic 2. If that is US-26/US-287, that would be a job well done. I do like how road construction mixes in paved to unpaved roads. I think Nevada has this as well. I can't remember if its a mod that did this or if its vanilla though.

[ external image ]

Pic 3. I like this because of what it shows beyond the church. Looks like the University of Wyoming gets in. But best of all, I am assuming that we may get to drive thru Laramie like the below snap shot. So perhaps two ways thru town with those two junctions.
[ external image ]

Pic 7/Pic 18. This is nice. This gives me the impression that we can get all of US-30 North of I-80 and I am sure this could mean that WY-487 makes the game for a connection. Otherwise, I don't see the point in US-30 here. It gives me the US-20/US-26 vibe North of I-84 in Idaho.
[ external image ]

Pic 9. Another amazing mountain background. Wherever it is, this is gorgeous. Its gonna be sad to see us move on from such backgrounds, lol. But the show must go on and push East. 1 state left to bring this kinda of beauty in the West.

Pic 11. I love Annie's new Posted skin. Unfortunately I think one of the mods I use overwrites it and makes it FedEx. I kinda want to see this skin in my game now. I stopped using the 3d logos mods as I go with SCS vanilla depots now. But UPS and Fedex are covered with I think the real US advertisement mod I use.

Pic 17. Very intriguing to get in the game. Nice one to show off as its definitely a unique scene.

ThatWeirdTrucker wrote: 16 Jan 2021 19:09 I think 191 for WY DLC might stop at either Moran or West Thumb (Yellowstone) and we might not get a US-20 extension from Idaho until Montana
Its a very small portion of road unlike the Idaho situation. I won't rule it out but I certain won't make a plea for it. If its there, awesome. If not, we know why. I'd be more excited just to get North on US-20 out of Idaho Falls as its more scenery.

Nothing in Gillette, Rock Springs and Rawlins and they are larger than Worlan and Cody. Obviously Cheyenne will get its own blog so no concerns there. They can't show everything in one blog post. There will be many more blogs to come. So far, this is looking really good though. Hats off to Martin's team. I really like how SCS is making Wyoming feel quite alive in the places that show it. The towns will be nice to drive thru and of course, the background scenery is going to be nothing short of awesome to see.
oldmanclippy wrote: 17 Jan 2021 04:24, @Quark and @Marcello Julio
Does Nemiro even have a brother that works at SCS? When they said it was "Nemiro's brother" on the stream I thought it sounded like they were joking.
It was @Vinnie Terranova that found some info on Martin and posted it. He did some modding work for another game and now he is with SCS map modding. Nemiro briefly stated a few key words to solidify it was no joke imo.

Release wise, I think SCS keeps to current schedule. 2019 and 2020 produced June/July Summer maps. Why push it out early than it needs to be. Wyoming doesn't have a lot of lane miles, but it does however have a lot of roads in my opinion for ATS's purpose. Don't underestimate its road system. The roads spread out. Wyoming is loaded with 1+1 roads so that is totally different than busier states. Looking at the overall map, pretty much every US highway and several State roads can fit and should be present in this dlc. Roads and their scenery does take time as well. Its not something you can just slap together. Spend the extra time to give Wyoming all the roads that fit. Pushing it out before June/July to find out that several roads that could have been added but are missing will be very frustrating. Its no Utah nor Idaho. The roads in Wyoming spread out more evenly and pretty much reach all corners of the state. Several roads should link up to these distant places. I'm expecting a Colorado spread of roads. Both state are similarily sized.

I think some of us anticipate maps coming based on the release of another map. The pattern has been Summer June/July and Winter Oct/Nov for ATS. Texas is a toss up but I don't see a reason for SCS to go off track with the pattern for it either. Texas could the first Spring map only because it didn't make Winter 2021. It can come Winter 2021 at best or Summer 2022 at the latest perhaps. I've always hoped Texas was the Summer 2022 map so that more time can be given. Its still not wishlisted and there are no blogs. Spend the extra time polishing and adding in those roads that was not a focus day one for these dlc's. Fill it in. Wyoming should be one of those states that SCS won't have to go back to and add more roads later so take the time now and don't worry about it later.....road wise.
Last edited by flight50 on 17 Jan 2021 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
fra_ba

#806 Post by fra_ba » 17 Jan 2021 15:29

Shiva wrote: 17 Jan 2021 14:03 That makes it the 2nd screenshot from that area.
Atleast as far as I can tell.
The 1st was from the river crossing. Sout of Rock River.
Yup! these and another one north of Medicine Bow. SR-487 actually is the obvious choice for connecting Casper and Laramie! I'm wondering is SR-220 going to continue all the way to Muddy Gap or not? Would be nice connection for Casper-Rawlins
Triple-Ce

#807 Post by Triple-Ce » 17 Jan 2021 15:37

@bundygo very nice eagle eyes, but april is a little bit to early i think.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#808 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 17 Jan 2021 16:16

flight50 wrote: 17 Jan 2021 15:25 I think some of us anticipate maps coming based on the release of another map. The pattern has been Summer June/July and Winter Oct/Nov for ATS. Texas is a toss up but I don't see a reason for SCS to go off track with the pattern for it either. Texas could the first Spring map only because it didn't make Winter 2021. It can come Winter 2021 at best or Summer 2022 at the latest perhaps. I've always hoped Texas was the Summer 2022 map so that more time can be given. Its still not wishlisted and there are no blogs. Spend the extra time polishing and adding in those roads that was not a focus day one for these dlc's. Fill it in. Wyoming should be one of those states that SCS won't have to go back to and add more roads later so take the time now and don't worry about it later.....road wise.
Off-topic but my biggest pet peeves for maps/new maps is when SCS doesn't include a road that can obviously fit into the DLC map.
Bedavd

#809 Post by Bedavd » 17 Jan 2021 20:22

harishw8r wrote: 17 Jan 2021 14:58 I have a suggestion. Every time a pic is posted, we can keep updating them in a map, like the one in this post. I won't be able to do it as I'm not familiar with the locations. Can someone take this up?
I can try to. Might not be as quick to update it as I was yesterday, but I re-added the points to my ATS IRL map and went back to the December blog post and put down the ones I could find. Might go back later this evening and take another look at some, but I, unfortunately, have to get some work done today. hahah

@flight50 Thanks! I'll try and set that up with future blogs too. I really like the treasure hunt of it!

If anyone is willing to go back into the 12/9 Wyoming release blog and help me pick locations for some of the photos that would be really appreciated. The big ones I'm missing right now are (as listed on the blog including the cover photo) 7, 14, & 15. Might be harder to find, but I also haven't found a general area for 2, 3, 4, 17 or 18. I'll add the locations to the map once I can verify! Unfortunately, most of the photos I've found are around Sheridan, Laramie, and Evanston, so no new cities appear as of yet.

EDIT: I was able to find Pic 7 as here based on the mural on the pharmacy. It's on US 87 in Sheridan, Wy. Sheridan must be one of the first completed, or at least SCS is very proud of it because we're getting a ton of screens from there.
Last edited by Bedavd on 17 Jan 2021 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#810 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 17 Jan 2021 20:38

Last edited by ThatWeirdTrucker on 18 Jan 2021 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”