Wyoming Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3481 Post by Bedavd » 31 Jul 2021 05:09

I feel similarly to Quark regarding the importance of marked Cody. A marked Cody would be really nice to have so we can have a marked city in Northwest Wyoming and there's really no other option. When there's room for a city (and a viable city actually exists in that place) then I'd say add it over not. But at the end of the day if Cody is just a scenic town we pass through on our way to/through Yellowstone I'm not too sad. I'd rather it be there of course, more content and more depots are always welcomed. IF a marked Cody was the only way we were going to get roads in NW Wyoming then absolutely I'd fight for it to be marked, but it looks like we might be getting Yellowstone anyways so I'm less bothered. There are a lot of things that could be added there, industries that it would be a shame to miss, and the "Buffalo Bill" achievement seems to be hinting at inclusion at least as scenic, though, so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm really looking forward to Wyoming, though! Wonder if SCS will do a short stream of some pre-determined routes soon.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Quark

#3482 Post by Quark » 31 Jul 2021 05:29

"I'd rather it be there of course, more content and more depots are always welcomed."
Yes i agree with that completely. It's just that i feel the whole "Cody Issue" gets a little overblown here and there.... at least in my eyes.
Vinnie Terranova

#3483 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 31 Jul 2021 06:15

I think this Cody thing is not just about Cody, but more about what Wyoming actually will offer, comparing with a slightly larger state like Colorado. Colorado has 13 cities, Wyoming as far as we know now only have 10. Half of them are situated in the very south part of Wyoming along the I-80. Which leave the remaining 5 cities to cover the rest of Wyoming. Which isn't much...

What does this mean for the road network? With Gillette it's possible to have the WY-59. But what about US-85...? It would start at Cheyenne and it would bring us near Devils Tower. But if we would get just 10 cities, it means that there will be no marked cities along the US-85. And if the US-85 is not in the DLC, then still a big part of Wyoming is empty.

Another problem are the big cities: Colorado has a big city like Denver, while the biggest city of Wyoming, Cheyenne, is quite small.

To make Wyoming an interesting DLC, it will need towns like Cody, as much as it needs Yellowstone National Park.
Trucker Nik

#3484 Post by Trucker Nik » 31 Jul 2021 07:08

I would give Wyoming more than 10 places, let's look at Washington which is smaller than Wyoming and I have more places specifically 16, Colorado is also bigger than Washington and I have 13 places, if I were the creator of Wyoming I would put 14 places there
xXCARL1992Xx

#3485 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Jul 2021 07:13

99 municipalities in Wyoming vs 128 in Washington, the size has nothing do with how many cities a state will get
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#3486 Post by pigbrother » 31 Jul 2021 07:13

Washington - Population (2020): 7,705,281
Wyoming - Population (2019): 576,851

Big and empty.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Trucker Nik

#3487 Post by Trucker Nik » 31 Jul 2021 07:31

@xXCARL1992Xx I can't agree with that, it would mean that Texas can get fewer places than, for example, Washington, and I'm comparing the smallest USA state on the west coast with the largest in the USA
xXCARL1992Xx

#3488 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Jul 2021 07:33

Texas has 1220, pick your cities, the size alone doesnt matter at all, how many cities and the population say how many cities we will get not how big the state is
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#3489 Post by harishw8r » 31 Jul 2021 07:54

Ceco wrote: 31 Jul 2021 07:08 I would give Wyoming more than 10 places, let's look at Washington which is smaller than Wyoming and I have more places specifically 16, Colorado is also bigger than Washington and I have 13 places, if I were the creator of Wyoming I would put 14 places there
I disagree. If anything Wyoming can get one city extra i.e.,Cody, given how far it is from Sheridan. No problem with the choice of other cities of the state. If anything, Torrington and Devil’s tower can become marked, but creating those marked cities just for one or two depots makes them only less accessible.

That said, should Douglas or Buffalo really have to get marked? Definitely not needed. There goes your 15 cities.
flight50

#3490 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2021 08:01

Population has little effect on what marked vs unmarked stands for. Look at Nevada. Take out Reno and Vegas and its nothing large at all. Focus on what Wyoming offers for industries, not its population. Mistake number one.

@Quark you'd have to read this entire thread, not my last comment. I've explained it a few times already. At the same time, I am speaking for myself. Not anyone else. If you are fine with 10, cool. I'm not. Why must I agree with 10 just because you or anyone else doesn't see it as a big deal. Each town can offer something new. Whether that is Texas, California, Nevada or Wyoming, repeating depots get tiresome. Unlike ETS2, ATS has a HUGE lack of companies. Where are the new companiesand industries. Each town added can provide a possible new industry or expanded industry.

I want Cody. You may want better AA support or get out the truck. I can care less about AA or getting out. My focus is about ICC'S, industries, companies and cargo. Without new possibilities, the game grows stale every dlc. You add more deliverable cities, you increase your ICC'S.

Why halt Wyoming at 10 when you look at square miles per state. If there is a fully developed town, bring it to reality for our virtual world. I provided 5+ depot options on the other page. You get that many...market it. I also thoroughly explained the hole. We can get YS and still have a hole. Why have a hole? To get US-20 connected as one continuous road, you go thru Cody. I don't know how else to explain it. I've done it umpteen times.

Cody is home to 9k. Enough to support a Walmart. Jackson has less than 1k more in population and its marked. Colorado is a similar sized state and its well over 10 cities. Washington, even Idaho has more than 10 bcities and its road network is far less than Wyoming.

Return to “General discussion about the game”