Wyoming Discussion Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2501 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Jun 2021 03:45

@GabrielT I meant that in Wyoming, however, the divided Interstate 80 is located in the south, Interstate 90 is located in the north, the states you mention there are already highways together, (one in the other) and in that Wyoming is the only state in the United States where the two longest Interstate highways meet in this way
Ozer Cebeci

#2502 Post by Ozer Cebeci » 21 Jun 2021 13:40

very, very soon Wyoming will come out, I saw it on the american truck simulator site says very soon
Attachments
Screenshot_20210621-130723~2.png
Marcello Julio

#2503 Post by Marcello Julio » 21 Jun 2021 18:35

Now it's getting interesting 👀
I think it's safe to say that Wyoming should be released sometime between July-August.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#2504 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 21 Jun 2021 19:22

July is a definite answer here... August is literally the absolute worst-case scenario. It's like betting on September for Wyoming release.
flight50

#2505 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 19:23

August is really pushing it. We haven't received an August dlc yet. I'd imagine they still stick with the June/July format. I don't see open beta going beyond the 2nd week of July. I wouldn't be surprised if we go public within the next 2 weeks either. We spent a lot of time in experimental is time around and that was actually pretty smooth for many people.
saur44l

#2506 Post by saur44l » 21 Jun 2021 19:32

My bet is also on July,if I am not wrong the steam sale is about to begin,so I don't think that they will release the dlc during that time.What is more interesting to me is where will the Wyoming team go,are they gonna join the folks that are working on Texas or will they start a new state,or maybe they will split the team and one half will be working on Texas,while the other half will help with California rebuild(truth to be told I don't think that this will be likely).
Shiva

#2507 Post by Shiva » 21 Jun 2021 19:48

Steam sale on SCS stuff, could be a nice boost with Wyoming.
I mean, Wyoming NOT part of Steam Sale, but that other stuff from SCS in it.
Of if they skip Steam Sale for Wyoming, then the next possible date would be 10th july, if release on a thursday.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#2508 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 20:17

@saur44l I wonder the exact same thing. The best thing to do is keep pushing on to the next paid dlc. Whether its Montana or Oklahoma. If Montana, they need the extra time. I don't see it making Summer 2022. It might have to come Winter 2022. Oklahoma on the other hand could be a Summer 2022 dlc though because its smaller. Its more like Washington where as Montana is like all of Oregon and the Western portion of Washington West of I-5. But we need Montana more than Oklahoma imho. Texas will be okay without Oklahoma longer than dealing with another year of Idaho without Montana. I'd rather SCS hire more help to join the rebuild team. Or at least hire more to join a paid map team and slide the newbies in with the vets on a paid dlc and use vets on the rebuild. The vets are more knowledgeable on old mapping methods and can deal with things better. I thought they'd wait til after Texas for the rebuild though. So maybe once Texas is released, they split and some go to rebuild and the others go to a new dlc. We could hold at 2 maps a year with just to paid dlc map teams and have a larger team rebuild California, Arizona and Nevada to get them knocked out faster. Not everything needs to be redone either. Just the vast majority of California and Nevada like 80-85% and then like 50-60% of Arizona.

So after Wyoming, I'm sure a lot of people would be crushed to not see the next map not be Montana or at the least Oklahoma. Those are the only two that makes sense to follow Wyoming considering Texas is due after Wyoming. Kansas, Dakotos or Nebraska makes little since. Either of those will create a C-shaped map and eventually makes an ugly gap no matter what. Either SCS builds South to North while pushing East or build North to South while pushing East. With New Mexico and Texas falling where they did, I think its apparent that the direction is more South to North while pushing East. But yeah, getting North of Wyoming would be critical for the rest of I-90 and I-15. So the puzzle piece to link up Colorado was Wyoming. Then that final puzzle for the West at that point is Montana hands down.
Skoot

#2509 Post by Skoot » 21 Jun 2021 20:20

Ceco wrote: 21 Jun 2021 03:45 @GabrielT I meant that in Wyoming, however, the divided Interstate 80 is located in the south, Interstate 90 is located in the north, the states you mention there are already highways together, (one in the other) and in that Wyoming is the only state in the United States where the two longest Interstate highways meet in this way
Are IL, IN and OH all jokes to you?
supersobes
Global moderator

#2510 Post by supersobes » 21 Jun 2021 22:34

In Indiana and Ohio, I-80 and I-90 are quite literally the same road as they run concurrently on parts of the Indiana Toll Road and the Ohio Turnpike. While Wyoming has both I-80 and I-90, they go nothing near each other. I-90 passes through the northeastern corner of the state and I-80 runs across the middle of the southern half of the state.

Return to “General discussion about the game”