Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5591 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 18:03

Nope. Not bad at all. Wyoming got a ton of conversation that I was not expecting. Texas will get up there to the 500 range in due time as well. A ton more stuff to talk about considering how much they could toss in it. Once the blogs really get going, a lot will spark conversation there.
gaillard

#5592 Post by gaillard » 16 Sep 2021 18:09

Again, Flight, YOU'll be the person most deceived by Texas.
Sorry, but 19/20th of what you expect will not be in...
GT182

#5593 Post by GT182 » 16 Sep 2021 19:01

Off topic too. ;)

Parkways in NYC are a no no for trucks. Low overpasses and they're arched so the outsides are even lower. As for the rest of the city, it also has low clearances under 13'-6" all over the city. Stay away from any roadway under the Ls... that's the above ground part of the subway. I had a dealer to deliver to on Fordham Rd and almost couldn't get the load of cars off the trailer. Clearance almost non existent... 13 foot or under. They had a spotter come out to keep watch as I raised the decks, so I wouldn't leave dents in the roof of the top cars. That will get you fired from hauling cars... on the spot.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
festmache

#5594 Post by festmache » 16 Sep 2021 19:05

Several people have said that I-80 in Wyoming feels too urban and I think there's some truth there.

However, after driving up and down the I-25 and the small part of I-90 a few times, I must say that I really like how empty they feel! Between Casper and Sheridan, it actually feels like you're in no man's land. I love it!
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
55sixxx

#5595 Post by 55sixxx » 16 Sep 2021 20:00

gaillard wrote: 16 Sep 2021 18:09 Sorry, but 19/20th of what you expect will not be in...
SCS knows how much people want Texas, i'm pretty sure that we'll get a lot of stuff. And it's also no wonder that there is two map teams involved in it's development, SCS is going all in with this DLC and some may think i'm crazy but i would say we will be getting at least 70% of the state in this DLC (The 30% being cut off due to the scale).
flight50

#5596 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 20:03

gaillard wrote: 16 Sep 2021 18:09 Again, Flight, YOU'll be the person most deceived by Texas.
Sorry, but 19/20th of what you expect will not be in...
I doubt it my friend. I know more than you may think I know. My avatar is not in the game for no reason :D. But that's all I can say. I obviously won't get everything I'd like to see but I'll get enough to meet expectations. I mainly talk about what I'd like to see in the game in general, not just Texas. But I'm aware of even Texas's 1:20 scale. What I don't get for Texas, doesn't mean it can't come with another state in the future.

My brain runs 100mph for idea for ATS. It doesn't turn off. What I say today, could come in the next update. In the next 2 years or the next 8 years.
plinio.lisboa.br

#5597 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 16 Sep 2021 21:31

Good afternoon, how is everyone? here are starting to rain in Mato Grosso, Brazilian state. Tomorrow the farmers are already putting machines to plant the 2021\2022 crop.

I consider, Flight50, is one of the people in my contact (still virtual) with a lot of road knowledge. I like to read your ideas and your passion for America. I'm still structuring myself to play ETS2 again and I'm going to venture into the ATS...I want to see IDAHO, WYOMING...see those bisons.

Flight50, It remains that passionate and collaborative person. because it's really worth it, being just a volunteer to research, new things leads to self-learning, and who knows, maybe see some of these things in the game as well. GOOD.
Sora

#5598 Post by Sora » 16 Sep 2021 21:52

Done with the Wyoming achievements.

I think this is the fastest I've ever actually gone through a set of these for ATS or ETS2. Hard to say how much of that is because I like Wyoming and how much of it is because they're mostly pretty easy, but hey. Only obnoxious one was doing ten Livestock loads to two specific cities, and even that's mostly because Casper's like the only city that consistently generates such loads. Still better than crap like "Deliver from Kaliningrad to Mother Russia 5 times" or "Deliver something to every single farm in the Baltic DLC".
Trucker_71

#5599 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Sep 2021 22:14

I have no problem with the cattle loads,they don't have to come from Wyoming, just have to deliver there. My problem is the rail thing, I cannot find a single load for that! 😟
flight50

#5600 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 22:29

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 16 Sep 2021 21:31 Flight50, It remains that passionate and collaborative person. because it's really worth it, being just a volunteer to research, new things leads to self-learning, and who knows, maybe see some of these things in the game as well. GOOD.
Agreed on self-leaning and finding stuff. I actually have more fun sometimes researching things and being on here than I do playing the game. Its a great alternative to getting burned out playing. I didn't that right after Oregon released. The shape of the map was bad and I got frustrated. I limit my playing time and it works out great for me. I get to play 4-5 hrs a week with everything I'm involved with in my day to day activities. Heck, I'm on here 4-5 hrs a day, lol. Sharing thoughts and interacting with you all generates a ton of ideas. The feedback here is abundant and that's why its so easy for me to get wrapped up in topics here.

I see it like this, you never know where a dev can take your ideas, so why keep them in. However, some things I say, people take them to literal and when SCS can't implement or provide, then people blame SCS for my ideas. That's not fair. I don't work for SCS. I don't talk for SCS. I formulate my own thoughts and ideas as a fan and a customer because its 1) want I want to see and 2) what I see in the real world.

Return to “General discussion about the game”