Wyoming Discussion Thread

ThatWeirdTrucker

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#1962 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 14 May 2021 16:47

ARE THOSE BUFFALOS?!?!?!??! Yellowstone is coming, get your trucks ready!
flight50

#1963 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 17:27

Yes I totally agree Rockatansky6. Those mountains are gorgeous. So many great screenshots. I can't figure out which one I like the most. So far, the parts of Wyoming we have seen in blogs have all had great views of nature. This is the one landscaping blog I've been looking for. Either SCS is holding back or YS is not a part of the dlc. We are still weeks out but at this point, I have to put YS at a 50/50 chance for the dlc.

Wyoming is going to be one of the last states that we can get breathtaking scenes of mountains to this degree. Well outside of the California and Nevada rebuilds of course. But in regards to moving East, Montana will close out the mountains of the West.
Marcello Julio

#1964 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 May 2021 17:35

All screenshots are amazing 😍 Wyoming promises to be another iconic state in quality terms :)
flight50

#1965 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 17:41

^Agreed. For a state that some would say is a flyover state, SCS sure is making a pretty good argument to say otherwise. On pic 1, I actually like SCS's mountains better than the real ones, lol. This is not the first time we have been able to say that with Wyoming. Wyoming is seriously a nature wonder though. Pic13 is just as awesome. They are doing a damn good job on the mountains. I am loving that rock formation tool. I can't wait to see all the non paid states get upgraded with this tool. I will miss them but we must push on to the Great Plains. The new map lead is handing his project very well. Kudos to Nemiro's brother. It makes a ton of sense if his team slides over to Montana after Wyoming is release. We need this beauty to carry over to the last beauty in the West. I am sure a couple might already be there if their assignments for Wyoming are done. If Oklahoma follows Texas, fine. Nothing we can do but Montana should seriously be next after Texas.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#1966 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 14 May 2021 17:44

I 100% agree with @flight50 . Wyoming could very well raise the bar after Colorado even though it's not well known. This team is really capturing the beauty of Wyoming.
Bedavd

#1967 Post by Bedavd » 14 May 2021 17:56

I think I've come to a conclusion on Pic 12. I think it's here. The layout of the roads seems to fit. I think the sign might be pointing to Sheridan and Lovell (of course this doesn't mean that US 14 Alt shows up, just that the intersection is there). This very blurry streetview I think fits well enough IMO.

We have the hotel looking building, (though the architecture is pretty different) and the farm in the background, plus the navigation sign fits the layout.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
CDRacer

#1968 Post by CDRacer » 14 May 2021 20:42

1st pic made me wow for the first second but then I realized that something wrong there.
First of all mountains are too small compared to a distance they are placed. Probably they moved it closer because of scale, but it's far unrealistic since year around snow top mountains are at least 3km+ height and in game they look like weird form hills.
Secondly it's snow itself. It seems like they used textures from early fall or late autumn for that mountains, because otherwise I don't understand how come there is a snow almost down to a foot of the mountains in the middle of summer. On the left side you can even see a heavy snow lying almost at the ground level.

Probably must fix location. I prefer realistic rather than scenic.
MRX911

#1969 Post by MRX911 » 14 May 2021 20:59

I feel like if we get Yellowstone it might be split between Wyoming and Montana. Wyoming part would first include the southeast junction of US-20 and US-191 just West of West Thumb/Yellowstone Lake. I just hope they don't do the mistake of leaving the part from Moran to Cody via US-191 and US-14 undone, that would be a big mistake in my opinion.

Then with Montana, we would see the northwest junction of US-20 and US-191 in West Yellowstone Montana, US-212 has a small chunk in Montana that we could get with WY SR-296/120 but that's for Montana I believe, no need to be too greedy.

This would be one of the odd times where we don't get the northwestern part of a state at release due to Wyoming being a bit more north than Idaho at this point, just north to that famous Zone of Death in Idaho. So it seems like once again Montana will come to save states both unlucky in shape and release order.

It's ok for me though if that small part is missing, it will be less worse than Salmon especially since it's unlikely to deliver goods to Yellowstone, I would love the numerous possibilities @flight50 mentioned time and time again. I-90 is also bound to suffer the same amputation as I-84 did, except this time with Texas, the reunion will be longer than 6 months.

I'm sure Yellowstone will have its dedicated blog, this one was for Nature, now wait for the other word starting with N.A.T. National Park.
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
Shiva

#1970 Post by Shiva » 15 May 2021 02:19

flight50 wrote: 14 May 2021 15:21 No confirmation for YS yet still. I think the blog is incorrect though. Its states the Tetons is the largest ecosystem in the lower 48....isn't that Yellowstone with that stat?

I'm not 100% positive but I think pic 10 is this in the Bighorn Mountains. This is that one view that I mentioned I saw the guy with the drone do several locations in the Bighorns. I think 11 and 12 might also be Bighorn Mtns.
@flight50 I do too think that 10/13 could very well be Hogback Interpretive Site.
It does look way better ingame than IRL. Atleast of the photos I have seen so far.
Saw blog -> googled Teton -> google maps -> Bighorn National Forest -> Big Horn Medicine Wheel -> continue google maps -> Hogback Interpretive Site -> maps again, who knew? ;) -> SCS Forums -> maps again. -> oh right, post this post.
->edit this post:
I forgot to write. Bridger–Teton National Forest is big! Bigger than I thought.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”