Wyoming Discussion Thread

magicko84

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5651 Post by magicko84 » 19 Sep 2021 17:48

At this point, I would like to know from whom he complains, the reason why, according to him, the developers of the Wyoming DLC, have not entered all the streets and cities, which necessarily had to enter.
Certainly it is not out of laziness, forgetfulness or anything else. There is a valid reason why this has not been done. I don't know what it is, I think nobody here on the forum knows, but it's there. I would also like to see in the DLC Italy of ETS2, the city where I live and all the Italian roads and highways, but I know that it is impossible to see recreated from 0 all in a game expansion, it would really take a separate game for each single state, this is impossible, both designing and realizing it.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
GT182

#5652 Post by GT182 » 19 Sep 2021 18:15

@plykkegaard, the real proof it's Wyoming is a screenshot of the Devils Tower and Yellow Stone Park. ;)

@Reignman, you shouldn't have been fined getting off an exit before the scales. IRL, they don't have the sensors like in ATS. The have the lighted signs that tell if the scales are Closed or Open, and no sensor. Tho I believe I saw Closed/Open sign for scales in Wyoming in ATS for a couple of scales, but IIRC the sensor was also there before the scales. Just another SCS mix-up. The only sensor at scales in the US is the one when you first pull in, and if you're going slow enough, it will signal to go over the scales or stay left and you go on thru bypassing them. That's so the empty trucks aren't waiting or tying up the scales. But not all scales across the US have that... just the newer or updated scale do. Some like New York only us portable scales.... all the better so there's no real warning they're out checking weight.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Trucker Nik

#5653 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Sep 2021 18:24

Is there any information on the arrival of Cody and US-14?
parasaurolophus67

#5654 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Sep 2021 18:25

@Ceco buddy its too early for that. Be patient on that.
Trucker Nik

#5655 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Sep 2021 18:26

But I try and I miss Cody and US-14 very much
parasaurolophus67

#5656 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Sep 2021 18:27

well its not like its any better then any other roads that SCS missed.
IvanKuz

#5657 Post by IvanKuz » 19 Sep 2021 19:01

koolizz wrote: 19 Sep 2021 16:40So?
You kept the original writing in first person, with no source link or indication that it is a quote, implying that you wrote the post yourself when you actually didn't. Not only in a more serious context than a fan forum this would have been considered plagiarism, but it kind of shows that you were so desperate to just post something negative (which seems to be a favorite pastime of yours, judging by your post history) that you had to fish for practically the only negative English-language review of Wyoming that wasn't just "it won't install" or "it broke because I use incompatible mods".
koolizz wrote: 19 Sep 2021 16:40The points still stand as valid.
No, they're not. Wyoming can't be made "5% bigger". It is built within the same 1:20 map projection as all other states.
nautofon

#5658 Post by nautofon » 19 Sep 2021 22:13

"5% bigger" would be 1:19 rather than 1:20. Probably wouldn't solve whatever problems the reviewer saw.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
flight50

#5659 Post by flight50 » 19 Sep 2021 22:53

IvanKuz wrote: 19 Sep 2021 19:01
koolizz wrote: 19 Sep 2021 16:40So?
You kept the original writing in first person, with no source link or indication that it is a quote, implying that you wrote the post yourself when you actually didn't. Not only in a more serious context than a fan forum this would have been considered plagiarism, but it kind of shows that you were so desperate to just post something negative (which seems to be a favorite pastime of yours, judging by your post history) that you had to fish for practically the only negative English-language review of Wyoming that wasn't just "it won't install" or "it broke because I use incompatible mods".
I haven’t seen anything positive posted by koolizz...ever. Everything is negative. I wonder why even waste time coming here posting just to comment negatively. I’d find something better to do with my time. Posting directly from Steam that is not even your own post is all the proof there is to throw shade on anything SCS does. That sad to go to that extent to copy something from Steam. That probably breaks a forum rule. I have foed koolizz but for some reason I’ve been reading anyways the past month or two. I need to go back to ignoring. It’s irritating to see a person only coming here to post negative comments.
clifflandmark

#5660 Post by clifflandmark » 19 Sep 2021 23:19

I like kooliz posts. pure negative side of ats.

I think we need someone like him in the forum. I still believe he's right in some points like drawing distance/rendering issue etc.

@koolizz buddy, if you choose negative review in steam, the game you sacrificed your energy, waste your time and money won't be preferred.

If you don't like the dlc - even with absent parts it does not deserved to be rated negatively - don't choose either positive or negative.

We want ATS to get supported. There's not any project that maps whole US. SCS is trying something anybody don't do.

Return to “General discussion about the game”