Wyoming Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2491 Post by Xaagon » 20 Jun 2021 15:33

I'm hoping we get one of the "boring" roads in the Red Desert, like this one:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0510841 ... 328!8i1664

It would be going to a lone mine or chemical plant far from civilization, like this:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0482584 ... a=!3m1!1e3

This region is the closest the US has to Australia's Nullarbor Plain (imho).
fra_ba

#2492 Post by fra_ba » 20 Jun 2021 15:45

Well there are some oil related operations near Rawlins beside Sinclair refinery. Maybe we got some of them like in Utah! Also not sure anyone mentioned this before, but based on recent update in open beta, two new companies are added and probably will come with Wyoming! One is Johnson & Smith for rail supply and the other one is Goliath, probably the mine equipment company located in Casper. Sorry for spoilers, I do not know how to hide them :)
Xaagon

#2493 Post by Xaagon » 20 Jun 2021 16:10

To hide a spoiler, use (spoiler)Item to be hidden(/spoiler) with [ ] instead of ( ).

It will look like this:
Item to be hidden
Trucker Nik

#2494 Post by Trucker Nik » 20 Jun 2021 16:52

For each map DLC, I look forward to the international highways, in the case of Wyoming we have another section of I-80, I-90, at the same time we have a short section of I-180, and the completion of I-25, Wyoming is the only state where the two longest international highways I-80 and I-90 (I mean in the sense that I go through one state) connecting the west and east of the USA
Tristman

#2495 Post by Tristman » 20 Jun 2021 17:37

fra_ba wrote: 20 Jun 2021 15:45 but based on recent update in open beta, two new companies are added and probably will come with Wyoming!
Are you talking about the game files? I don't think there's any to be found in the game yet.
I did notice that companies in Cheyenne got their company logos, but those in Evanston and Jackson are still brandless.
flight50

#2496 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 19:49

@harishw8r Garages.....I assume 5-6. Evanston definitely has one. I've seen in using the dev cam. Cheyenne is a no brainer. I'd expect Casper and Gillette too. What follows...no clue. Something in the North for sure though. If I had to guess, Jackson, Riverton and Sheridan would be in the mix.

@Xaagon. Yessss. Its that boring type of road I think we can see plenty of in Wyoming. Lonnnnng roads of not much. Except since its the GP, we get dry vegetation like Arizona but with a tad bit more moisture and less sand. I'd love to get a remote location like you linked. Its more mapping but I think places like that is perfect for desolate areas. Unfortunately, I don't think SCS would think like that. Its more of a map mod type thing. P16 is no longer with us so getting something equal to the US Expansion mod to give us 1-2 extra road more than likely doesn't happen.

@fra_ba Where do you see those names? That is Awesome. I love getting new companies. Johnson & Smith, I hope that is something else. Is that definitely the new rail? I was hoping the Union Tower off I-180 called American Lines was the new rail company. That means they did a Kolico and change the name even though it was blogged. Kolico, represented Coca Cola nicely but USBB limits USBB being in Canada and Mexico now. At first I said make Kolico more of a North American name but the name they chose only fits the US. USBB is a better name for a brewery imho. I wouldn't have looked that prefab in as they did. I hope Johnson & Smith it actually something else or I'll have to scratch my head on that one. The name on the tower should be the new company for rail. It fits. Goliath, now I like that name. That one fits mining equipment because they are huge pieces of machinery.

I hope to see both rail and mining company prefabs all over ATS where they fit. Wyoming should be the only state that sees this. Existing states and future states benefit. By time we hit Kansas, hopefully we get another rail company to somewhat mimic Kansas Rail. As we hit these new regions and new states, hopefully we start seeing more new companies kick in. ATS will never get as many new companies as each new ETS2 map but 2-3....that can't be too hard to ask for. I think ATS is worth the diversity. I hope SCS agrees. Texas will be a big test for that. 2-3 new company there doesn't work like it can for Wyoming. Even California should get 1-2 new companies if its getting rebuild. Only limiting it to pre existing companies is wrong imho. That's not right for the US's number one economic state.
fra_ba

#2497 Post by fra_ba » 20 Jun 2021 19:57

@Xaagon Thanks
@Tristam-94
I checked the editor a couple of hours ago and noticed two new sign sets and also a new prefab. I don't have access to the game right now so can't take shots to post them here. maybe someone who accesses the editor can send some images here. Hopefully the introduced livestock depot will also be a new company and not Bushnell!!
Vinnie Terranova

#2498 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 Jun 2021 19:59

I also love those long and 'boring' roads! I hoped we already would got some of those roads in the Colorado DLC, but unfortunate those roads were not empty at all... Luckily the Great Plains are not limited to the eastern half of Colorado.
gt379

#2499 Post by gt379 » 20 Jun 2021 23:18

Ceco wrote: 20 Jun 2021 16:52 Wyoming is the only state where the two longest international highways I-80 and I-90 (I mean in the sense that I go through one state) connecting the west and east of the USA
Interstate 80 and Interstate 90 run together (in one same state I mean) in yes Wyoming but also Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
flight50

#2500 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 23:35

^I-10 and I-20 get to do that in the South. It would be completed before I-80 and I-90. Not as long but still major contributors to the game. Even I-40 will more than likely be done first. That gives us 3 there and then the paritals with I-70, I-80, I-90 and I-94. Good times ahead in the next 5+ years. Travel gets better and more options come. A competed I-25 will be nice but until we get all of I-15 it'll be tough still. Slowly but surely, SCS is making there way West.

Return to “General discussion about the game”