Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3381 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2021 19:25

Slaughter houses would be meat processing. Cattle in, meat out. That could be viewed as animal cruelty in may people's eyes. On the Road is not ATS. I'm also just warning you all to not be all pissed off if slaughter houses are not in. There has been zero indicators for it. There have been zero talks in the blogs. There have been zero props on prefabs that indicate equipment besides kennels to prompt anything besides farm to farm, farm to auction and maybe farm to rodeo, rail, or even by ship. I'm just saying don't expect slaughterhouses just because of some other game in the past. I have yet to see meat processing facilities in the game.

Should slaughter houses be in the game........yes. You bet. But SCS may not see it the same way. I don't think the number of people playing this game would remotely effect SCS's reputation for something that is real life. But if you are worried about backlash, as a company, SCS would avoid them.
Sora

#3382 Post by Sora » 27 Jul 2021 19:42

It's not like the actual act of slaughter is being depicted. For all we know, the animals in ATS power a magical portal to the burgerverse, and we get the meat/milk/eggs from that. It's sort of like how the ATS/ETS2 worlds have a crime rate of 0%, no noteworthy bankruptcies to speak of, and an incredible economy where anyone can become a billionaire with very little effort. Oh, and nobody ever dies in traffic accidents even when you slam into a car going at 70mph... including your truck, which might need to be serviced but otherwise looks just as beautiful as it was when you bought it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't do it, I guess, but I don't think it'd really be pushing any boundaries - particularly since, like it or not, this is something that still happens for reasons completely unrelated to SCS. Brexit is also controversial, for example, but any consequences of it that are relevant to ETS2 should (eventually) be there.

-

also why is the blog discussion thread locked on the first day in a while where we actually get an interesting blog
Trucker Nik

#3383 Post by Trucker Nik » 27 Jul 2021 19:45

It would be good if the developers announced to us via a blog or this one in this thread that why Wyoming is delayed, just as they announced at Iberia that it will be late, let's say honestly each of us waited for Wyoming to be released in July
parasaurolophus67

#3384 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 27 Jul 2021 19:46

Its not delayed far as we know. It was probably already planned for mid-late summer release before we started speculating if its possibly delayed or not
flight50

#3385 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2021 20:01

As long a Wyoming comes before Sept 22rd, Wyoming is still a Summer release. We don't need a blog or anyone coming on here to tell us why Wyoming is not out. It'll come when its ready. The devs will fill us in on need to know basis on a stream eventually. We'll be able to see and hear why.
rbsanford

#3386 Post by rbsanford » 27 Jul 2021 20:08

It would be ridiculous to not include slaughterhouses for fear of offense, IMO. They could just be given the euphemism "meat processing plant," and as Sora says, there wouldn't have to be anything that indicates slaughtering, except for the implication. They could even put one of those "World's Happiest Cattle" billboards outside the plant, like to say, "see, there's no butchering here, just happy cattle. :) "

The thing is, is that this is supposed to be a representation of the US, and although it's a clean one (no crime, poverty, natural disasters, etc), controversial elements like fracking/the oil industry, chemical plants, coal mining, big box stores, the Glen Canyon Dam, etc, still exist; so why not meat processing? I'm sure that most who would object would also have a problem with a lot of the things I listed, may not be interested in a truck simulator anyway, and wouldn't be forced to play the game, and probably wouldn't even know much about it unless they did active research; and overall, I'm betting that those who do object to this key industry being represented would be a minority of the playerbase, who wouldn't be forced to participate in the in-game beef industry anyway.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Mic_2

#3387 Post by Mic_2 » 27 Jul 2021 20:12

The thing is, they also have to take care to keep the age rating low (both for customers and image). I don't know but it might be that slaughterhouses and the implications of them result in a higher age rating
Vinnie Terranova

#3388 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jul 2021 20:15

I actually didn't expect another Wyoming blog, just 5 days after the Weigh Station blog. I expected a Heart of Russia blog; the last one was from June 22, more than a month ago...
Anyway, I much more enjoyed this Farms & Agriculture blog than the Weigh Station blog. But ATS is not about what I like, but what we like. Not everybody likes weigh stations, but I'm sure at least some do.
Regarding the livestock trailer: I hope that we in the future will have cows, horses, etc moving into the trailer; dynamic loading/unloading of trailers in general.
I also hope the prefabs will be much more dynamic.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3389 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jul 2021 21:02

Mic_2 wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:12 The thing is, they also have to take care to keep the age rating low (both for customers and image). I don't know but it might be that slaughterhouses and the implications of them result in a higher age rating
the trailer would be enough for implications, everybody knows what this kind of trailer means for the animals in it, end of life, just showing a slaughterhouse doesnt change anything on the rating at all
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Robinicus

#3390 Post by Robinicus » 27 Jul 2021 21:03

Maybe they only use the livestock trailers for delivering ponies to the petting zoo at the local fair?

Although I'm sure the woke crowd would still find something wrong with that...

Return to “General discussion about the game”