Wyoming Discussion Thread

AlexxxF1

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5581 Post by AlexxxF1 » 16 Sep 2021 00:40

Trucker_Tommy wrote: 15 Sep 2021 20:08 With regards Wyoming I’m loving the detail but the map seems small with only 10 cities. Maybe though that’s just Wyoming. Apart from that I’m more than impressed.
I would not judge the size of the map by the number of cities. in my opinion the number of roads is more important. and it really speaks about the size of the map.
Wyoming with the same number of cities feels more bigger than previous Utah or even Idaho with 11 cities.

given the scale of the game, it makes no sense to make a high density of cities. beautiful landscapes are lost between a large number of cities.
and the same Waoming may seem more densely populated and urban than it really is.
for me, the number of kilometers traveled on the map is more important than the cities traveled on it.
I more like long trips. and the number of cities is completely irrelevant to me. the greater the distance between them, the better for me.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 16 Sep 2021 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
Robinicus

#5582 Post by Robinicus » 16 Sep 2021 01:01

Yeah I’m aligned for sure; it will take some restraint in the larger metro areas for sure
oldmanclippy

#5583 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Sep 2021 03:10

I finally made my way to Yellowstone and I am quite impressed with what I've seen. The distance between the South Entrance and West Thumb is really compressed, but I think that was the right call to make more room for Jackson Lake. which is absolutely gorgeous. I am a bit perplexed as to why the ST job isn't available, SCS made it sound like it was gonna be there at launch. But the scenery is excellent, and I think it's evident from driving through it that we haven't seen the last of YS yet. Or so I hope.

But seriously, the Sep 3 blog really made it sound like that ST job was supposed to be there at launch. The email in-game says it's not there at least but it is a bit weird that the Sep 3 blog didn't say "coming shortly after release" or something like that when it mentioned the ST job.

I do want to reiterate just how good Jackson Hole is. Between Jackson itself, the mountain models, the vegetation, the streams, Jackson Lake, the unique signage (Be Bear Aware, the watch for wildlife sign with the different animal outlines on it, the junction signs), etc. It makes me feel like I'm there and it's all exceptionally well done.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#5584 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 04:02

AlexxxF1 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 00:40 I would not judge the size of the map by the number of cities. in my opinion the number of roads is more important. and it really speaks about the size of the map.
Wyoming with the same number of cities feels more bigger than previous Utah or even Idaho with 11 cities.

given the scale of the game, it makes no sense to make a high density of cities. beautiful landscapes are lost between a large number of cities.
and the same Waoming may seem more densely populated and urban than it really is.
for me, the number of kilometers traveled on the map is more important than the cities traveled on it.
I more like long trips. and the number of cities is completely irrelevant to me. the greater the distance between them, the better for me.
Although Cody could make it 11, I do still agree with this statement. I look at the balance in a state. Wyoming is loaded on the South side with I-80. But North of I-80, everything is spread out and remote. It somewhat balances the map. If Cody was there, connecting the dots (cities) would be up down up down up. I still haven't driven much of the dlc so I can't speak much on it, but I'm sure I too will be impressed. Between work and home renovation, I don't have much spare time at home.
RossoRacer

#5585 Post by RossoRacer » 16 Sep 2021 16:08

Trucks are allowed in NYC yes, but only on certain roads. If they weren't allowed in at all, nothing would get delivered, or it would need transferred to box trucks or pickup trucks somehow. I think a former coworker of mine delivered furniture to the Empire State Building once. Not sure about driving right up to the Freedom Tower.

Fun fact though, the Statue of Liberty is actually on the New Jersey side of the state line in the Hudson River, but if you look closely on Google maps(or a non-bigtech rival if they have state lines), you'll see the state line wraps around the shoreline of Liberty Island, so it's technically New York property. Nearby Ellis Island is even more interesting with how the state lines work there, as it seems part of that one is New Jersey, and part of it is New York.
IvanKuz

#5586 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Sep 2021 16:16

RossoRacer wrote: 16 Sep 2021 16:08Fun fact though, the Statue of Liberty is actually on the New Jersey side of the state line in the Hudson River, but if you look closely on Google maps(or a non-bigtech rival if they have state lines), you'll see the state line wraps around the shoreline of Liberty Island, so it's technically New York property. Nearby Ellis Island is even more interesting with how the state lines work there, as it seems part of that one is New Jersey, and part of it is New York.
Offtopic, but I can't not share this :)
Trucker_71

#5587 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Sep 2021 16:17

When I hauled into NYC about 20 years ago, you could go anywhere except the "parkways". ;)
nautofon

#5588 Post by nautofon » 16 Sep 2021 16:20

@RossoRacer: Yep, Ellis Island had to be decided by the Supreme Court in New Jersey v. New York.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Robinicus

#5589 Post by Robinicus » 16 Sep 2021 16:42

It is still open to pretty much anywhere but the parkways in NYC….although for a lot of areas they are only open to truck traffic between 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM.
Bedavd

#5590 Post by Bedavd » 16 Sep 2021 17:04

She's been unpinned! Wow it feels so weird hahaha. The Wyoming thread has been where I spent so much of my time on this forum for the past 10 months now. It feels like just yesterday we got the teaser with the truck rolling up to the herd of buffalo. Well, time to make room for Texas to be the big thread and (hopefully soon) Montana to be pinned. 560 pages isn't bad for the least populous state in the nation.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”