Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2471 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2021 17:06

Tristam-94 wrote: 19 Jun 2021 16:27 since people think Torrington is in the game
That is because of the pic 2 & 3 from the Feb 19, blog in which has been identified as here.
Tristman

#2472 Post by Tristman » 19 Jun 2021 17:28

I'm aware why people think Torrington is in the game, but I'm still sceptical about it.
It all rests on a single prefab, which makes me wonder if they modelled that building and placed it elsewhere. I think it looks distinctive but not unique, so I think they could use it anywhere in the countryside without breaking immersion?
The building on the right of it with all the cargo under it also doesn't seem to be there irl.

That said, if Torrington does make it, that's really cool. Makes me wonder what roads will connect it.
flight50

#2473 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2021 17:56

Understood. US-26 would be the sure lock for Torrington but US-85 could be in the mix. We'll need it for Scottsbluff Nebraska and to connect to I-80 at exit 126. That entire stretch from US-85 to I-80 is pretty green. Looks like SCS can separate I-80 from US-26 with some distant rolling hills.

I'm routing for US-26 and US-20 to go East from Wyoming though. Then US-36 and US-50 go East from Colorado. I-80 and I-70 will be there for sure so I'm not worried about them.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#2474 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 19 Jun 2021 18:48

Pic 2 doesn't look like Shoshoni.
flight50

#2475 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2021 18:58

I believe they are saying pic 1 is Shoshoni. Pic 2 is Glendo. It matches what fra_ba linked to a tee, despite the body of water being more East in the direction the train is heading or the body of water more West where the train came from. There are bodies of water on both sides of where the train is. But that is why it was noted a combination of 2 spots. Me, I personally think the view is part of this area. It matches the mountains a little better and then add it the other first link and you have your scene.

You know one thing that I am not seeing in Wyoming that is worrying me is anything about new cargo. No new trailers and no new cargo on them. Sure there were words in previous blogs about what we could get in Wyoming. But nothing to solidify new cargo. So I'm marking this part as not happening. Even the industry blog didn't show anything on trailers. It only mentioned cargo in text form. ATS will hurt another dlc when it comes to cargo it that's the case. Makes me wonder about Texas though. The dlc is huge and no new cargo could be a negative coming for some people.
_Roger_

#2476 Post by _Roger_ » 19 Jun 2021 21:54

https://trip101.com/article/best-lakes-in-wyoming

Guess what number 1 is...

...and it's not here...
flight50

#2477 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2021 23:59

After finally looking at pic one more and the assumption for it, I don't think pic 1 matches up with Shoshoni though. US-26 on that bridge is a 2+2 road. The blog has a 1+1 road. SCS typically gets the lanes right though. The power lines also don't match up to well. They parallel the road and is a different type on the blog. Unless SCS blew this location, US-26 Shoshoni just doesn't fit this pic for me. Considering the blog did say Boysen, its very possible the scene just isn't modeled accurately enough to claim it.
Last edited by flight50 on 20 Jun 2021 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Bedavd

#2478 Post by Bedavd » 20 Jun 2021 00:17

I just can't seem to find a better location for it. It definitely could read "Shoshoni" on that sign. Maybe if we ask really nicely SCS will provide us with an even higher quality version of that pic so we can know for sure :lol:

What's really selling me is that the signs on the gantry look like the almost perfectly match up with the signs on the real life one (though it's hard to see and it seems we're missing the brown Boysen Park one.)
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#2479 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 00:28

Oh I agree that this seems like the best location but its not done well enough if that's the case. Even deeper into town where the lanes change, there is a center lane that I can't tell if it turns into that. Normally SCS gets the lane part right for something like this. But there are times when they miss it too. I see zero scale issue in this part of the map so the short cuts doesn't make sense to me if its suppose to be Shoshoni.
Bedavd

#2480 Post by Bedavd » 20 Jun 2021 00:50

Ahhh I see what you mean now. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out! We're getting almost weekly Wyoming blogs now so things are ramping up. Good think I start my first full-time job around the time of suspected release :(

It's also interesting that now UT 30/WYO 86 is confirmed for the game, which matches what we had on the usa.dds file. Not a great sign for the Cokeville portion of US 30 and also for YS and Cody imo, but I for one will continue to wait and watch closely with my fingers crossed.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”