Wyoming Discussion Thread

J.Random

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#2381 Post by J.Random » 08 Jun 2021 22:07

Texshi wrote: 08 Jun 2021 20:08 Whoa the new picture today! i see cattle trailer! but it's.. a goose neck..? what? sure hope that is just an alt type cargo or some REALLY odd placement in the photos Or...! really huge tease of what is truly coming!
Don't get your hopes up, pretty sure this trailer is already in the game as AI part (I think pickup trucks pull those). It's nothing but a static scenery. SCS did this misleading stuff before and will do it again.
flight50

#2382 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 22:23

Sora wrote: 08 Jun 2021 20:47 But the flipside of this argument is also true - if Devil's Tower is a spur that wouldn't be marked on the map in the first place, its confirmation doesn't mean anything for other areas that were excluded from the map.
I totally agree with this. Only future blogs can confirm prior til release. Otherwise its embargo lift or worst case....release day. I'm thinking another 3 blogs before the release blog. That gives us the next 3 weeks with a blog a week. We don't have to have achievements to get blogs. That can come at any point. We know Cheyenne will get a blog for sure. I'm still hoping for a 10% chance that we get that livestock trailer with Wyoming and not Texas. That would mean it was hinted at for 2 dlc's and hasn't arrived. So I'm putting the livestock trailer for Wyoming at 10% so that gives us 2 blogs right there. Call me optimistic if ya like but I'm going by the blogs verbiage. I have 4 grains of salt on the table for this one, lol. But its not something I just came up with, its in the blogs. Soooooo SCS, don't let me down, lol.

Then last but not least...YS. That should get a blog if its coming. If not, I guess I'll kick rocks down the road with my hands in my pockets in defeat, lol. With the way nature is now mapped, the way the Tetons look, I was sure YS made the dlc with fines in place. Cody......not being on the dds map still has be worried. Its not a scenic town, its a depot type town. Too much industry there. 10 cities for Wyoming isn't good enough in my opinion but that's just me. Its just as large as Colorado area wise. Doesn't mean the cities have to be the same size or match in numbers but I did expect more than 10 and Cody and New Castle would round out my marked city list. I'd rather see Devil's Tower tagged to New Castle than to Gillette.

The positive to all this though is that Wyoming is 100% a 1.41 release. Once it goes into open beta, I think Wyoming comes out of the dark and will come to the light and be highlighted.
Xaagon

#2383 Post by Xaagon » 08 Jun 2021 23:35

Bedavd wrote: 08 Jun 2021 16:15 Georgia is the next DLC confirmed :lol:
I thought of posting that as soon as I read the blog, but you beat me to it! :)

In photos 5 & 6 we can see some guys standing against the fence wearing cowboy hats. It's awesome to see the "pedestrian" assets updated. Now we just need some livestock trailers to haul cargo for these guys.
ALT2870

#2384 Post by ALT2870 » 09 Jun 2021 00:19

supersobes wrote: 08 Jun 2021 00:31 I read it here on the FHWA website. They have a section that talks about the history of a lot of the highways in the US.
I think I have read that some time ago. Some of my wording is near identical especially the redundant part. Overall it seems to say what I said though there are some other parts don't remember seeing. I see Utah opposed the idea back in the 40's. I was talking about the 50's which the article does confirm when Utah came on board. Either way thanks for bringing that article back up. The interstate system is a fascinating read. :)

I just realized we are in the Wyoming thread. Sorry about that.
Texshi

#2385 Post by Texshi » 09 Jun 2021 05:29

flight50 wrote: 08 Jun 2021 20:27 @Texshi That should actually be a horse trailer. Although cattle could fit, they don't transport cattle in bulk in those.
Well I knew that but with the excitement it got the better of me
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
oldmanclippy

#2386 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Jun 2021 15:42

Mid-July is looking more and more accurate now that ATS is in Open Beta.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#2387 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2021 15:44

Yep. That's why I was saying after the Iberia event is over.
Bedavd

#2388 Post by Bedavd » 09 Jun 2021 17:24

Is Wyoming greyed on the map?
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#2389 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2021 17:47

@Bedavd Nope. Not even with the new 1.41.0 37s update. There is still plenty of time. Ob just started. We've been spoiled so far that once ob comes, the upcoming dlc is highlighted. I'd be surprised if Wyoming doesn't release for 1.41 though. If Wyoming needs more work, then it needs more work. Highlighting it only promotes that its about to drop soon for many so SCS could just be holding off a tad longer. A patch can highlight it easily though.
Bedavd

#2390 Post by Bedavd » 09 Jun 2021 17:53

That’s my guess, too. But I do have a bit of concern. We still don’t have steam achievements or any gameplay videos. Both of which we tend to have by the time the preceding OB starts up. But it could be the case that the achievements are behind schedule for some reason (wouldn’t delay the map), and that SCS decided not to overshare with a video after people complained about how many Iberia got. Only time will tell.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”