Wyoming Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3271 Post by harishw8r » 23 Jul 2021 10:28

Weight stations makes sense only when the concept of “weight distribution between axles” is brought as a feature. Right now I can haul potatoes, tires, milk (more than 80000 lb gross in 53’ trailer) with my tandems slid all the way to the front and the ports of entry want me to have a safe journey. How unrealistic is that?
plykkegaard

#3272 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jul 2021 10:29

You have x-ray control at some border crossings (ETS2) and they are active IIRC
Maybe some day :)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#3273 Post by flight50 » 23 Jul 2021 12:05

harishw8r wrote: 23 Jul 2021 10:28 Weight stations makes sense only when the concept of “weight distribution between axles” is brought as a feature. Right now I can haul potatoes, tires, milk (more than 80000 lb gross in 53’ trailer) with my tandems slid all the way to the front and the ports of entry want me to have a safe journey. How unrealistic is that?
Agreed. The functionality is not there yet. The technology is missing for it right now. The cargo market is a step in the right direction though. Until there is a way for use to control weight and/or what we haul, weigh stations and scales don't hold much valve. I don't use either and don't plan to til they are functional.
russ99

#3274 Post by russ99 » 23 Jul 2021 13:44

luetze wrote: 23 Jul 2021 08:57
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 23 Jul 2021 07:54 I think it may be a sign that Wyoming is not yet around the corner.
Agreed. I think it becomes more and more obvious that Wyoming isn't around the corner. Everything they do now with the Idaho event, the Weight station blog and so on seem to be only filler to bridge the time until WY release. Maybe we're even talking about a September release date now. We can only speculate about the reasons but what are forums for if not for that matter. Yellowstone is one good guess I think maybe they planned to realease it at a later point or even with the Montana DLC first whenever that will be. I still get a bit grumpy when I see that huge unfilled area in Southeast Utah. They really should have made at least on road connection for that area.
Yeah, the Idaho event was a tell that Wyoming is a ways still to go. They could do a city blog for Laramie or Casper to fill the time too.

I can see why they didn't add that road in Southeast Utah, those lands are filled with buttes and canyons with few major roads that support trucking. 95 northwest to 24 west has a stretch that cuts through a national park. That's a whole lot of modeling for just one road that most people won't use.
luetze

#3275 Post by luetze » 23 Jul 2021 14:12

russ99 wrote: 23 Jul 2021 13:44 I can see why they didn't add that road in Southeast Utah, those lands are filled with buttes and canyons with few major roads that support trucking. 95 northwest to 24 west has a stretch that cuts through a national park. That's a whole lot of modeling for just one road that most people won't use.
Yeah I agree that would have been a lot of modeling. Nonetheless keep it out completly was not the best move imo. The GreatAmerica project (only Patreon) has a dedicated Utah map to fill the gap and while it is far from perfect I find it enjoyable as it gives more opputunities for route variations and that's what is all about imo. Not to speak about the pleasing visual effects which many people would enjoy I guess.

Anyway btt. I have no issues with waiting at bit longer for Wyoming if they get it right. As others have posted it is most probably the last map DLC SCS will release this year so it better be a winner.
Rockatansky6

#3276 Post by Rockatansky6 » 23 Jul 2021 14:23

I still believe it will come in August.
Marcello Julio

#3277 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Jul 2021 15:46

If achievements have been added, it means Wyoming may be 1 month or one 1 month and a half from release. If Wyoming they decided they're going to release later than usual, that's possibly the reason we won't have Texas this year and they thought it safe to release Wyoming a little later.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#3278 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 23 Jul 2021 16:04

They should release DLCs whenever it's ready, without stalling unless for a good reason. Releasing the DLC later to decrease the gap between WY and TX is a absurd decision and will just make fans angry.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3279 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jul 2021 16:08

that isnt an absurd decision, this is a normal one, so the gap between those 2 DLCs isnt to big because we wouldnt have gotten a second one this year anyway
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Bedavd

#3280 Post by Bedavd » 23 Jul 2021 16:55

If they want to hold a ready DLC then they are perfectly in their right to do so. They put a ton of money into creating Wyoming and it won't start making any back until they release it to the community. If they decide that there is some reason to hold on releasing a finished DLC then it's clearly a big enough reason to outweigh the income they'll receive immediately.

But we also don't have any reason to believe that Wyoming IS done. Wyoming will be the most blogged about state so far but that doesn't mean that the entire DLC is ready for public release yet. There might be other issues that they've encountered that are holding things up. Don't let yourself get worked up over something that small. The state will come eventually and waiting a month or two more won't kill anyone.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”