Wyoming Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5801 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Oct 2021 12:29

Some newbie driver wrote: 03 Oct 2021 10:49 .. they are not going to delay a couple of weeks the next DLC.
SCS decided to delay a couple of weeks the Wyoming DLC, like SCS decided to move Iberias release date several months to get the lighting up and running
It is no big deal

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#5802 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2021 13:40

I forgot to mention this the other day when I saw it. I can't remember where in Wyoming I was when I saw this but it made me smile. I'm sure this is Annie's work. If someone else did it, apologies to you. This is prehabs the parody for Texas Roadhouse. Looks great. I sure hope to see more and more of her restaurants come to ATS. It would be cool to see at least 3-4 per dlc after Texas. Now with Texas, she'll need a lot more than 3-4 to cover the state. I'd rather see a solid dozen for Texas. The more she makes, the more the map team will have to play with along with going back to older parts of the map and replace stuff. SCS is doing this with the older states already.

[ external image ]
IamTheOne

#5803 Post by IamTheOne » 03 Oct 2021 19:41

Ceco wrote: 03 Oct 2021 09:00 @Shiva Because the community of players wants it and it is very desirable
That argument didn't work with other DLC states, why would it work for Wyoming?
Trucker Nik

#5804 Post by Trucker Nik » 04 Oct 2021 05:03

@IamTheOne Because it worked for Yellowstone, and it works for Iberia and the new roads that are in demand, I think creating one city and two missing road sections can't be that hard and time-consuming
Shiva

#5805 Post by Shiva » 04 Oct 2021 18:37

Cody would take some time to plan and develop.
Some are quite fast on making cities/towns, but they take time to do anyway.
And Cody is not a flat city.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
IamTheOne

#5806 Post by IamTheOne » 05 Oct 2021 20:49

Ceco wrote: 04 Oct 2021 05:03 @IamTheOne Because it worked for Yellowstone, and it works for Iberia and the new roads that are in demand, I think creating one city and two missing road sections can't be that hard and time-consuming
I want Cody, but just because we got Yellowstone doesn’t mean we get carte blanche for the inclusion of other missing roads. There are still some major roads missing in New Mexico, Oregon and Washington, and I doubt we’re even going to get these roads within the next 5 years at least.

You got 1 missing road into Iberia, there are still many deficiencies that made it the lowest ranked ETS2 DLC on launch. The ranking has improved since then, but I think that players are starting to finally wake up to SCS’s road network exclusions.
flight50

#5807 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2021 21:24

Iberia got one road so far. But 2 more are coming. https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/09/new-iberian-roads.html. We might still be missing roads in older states in ATS but seems like SCS is addressing the newest dlc currently, at least with ETS2. Ruling out more adds to Wyoming based on SCS words for possible more coming to YS, can't be overlooked. SCS has read several comments from social media. I'm sure they are considering meeting demand.
Shiva

#5808 Post by Shiva » 06 Oct 2021 08:08

Cody and US-14 west of it, that is possible to do atleast.
Some other roads for other states, that are wanted, some of those are not possible, due to how close places are ingame.
Others are possible, while some others could be possible.

Regarding US-85, I wont think we'll see more of it in Wyoming, atleast for a while.
SCS needs to plan/do some of the cities for Nebraska and South Dakota. Then maybe it could pop up?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
GT182

#5809 Post by GT182 » 06 Oct 2021 19:26

Texas Road House's are all over the country. Her parody should have read Prime Rub. Their parking lots are huge, as are the waiting lines to get in. LOL

Another needed is Cracker Barrel. But they are mostly just off of an Interstate Highway exit only. That's why their signs are so high.... so they can be seen clearly from either direction.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Freeze338

#5810 Post by Freeze338 » 06 Oct 2021 19:32

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2021 21:24 Iberia got one road so far. But 2 more are coming. https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/09/new-iberian-roads.html. We might still be missing roads in older states in ATS but seems like SCS is addressing the newest dlc currently, at least with ETS2. Ruling out more adds to Wyoming based on SCS words for possible more coming to YS, can't be overlooked. SCS has read several comments from social media. I'm sure they are considering meeting demand.
If you ask me, Iberia was an unfinished DLC. I'm really thinking that SCS released it earlier than planned because of players cannot be patient. Iberia could be much more with the rural roads but being rushed to release casuses not having rural roads enough. So SCS starts to make some. But I'm not sure about Wyoming. Cody is necessary with the connection road but so does the Hanksville in Utah. SCS didn't make any step for that and SLC remake. So I'm not sure will they make new roads for Wyoming.

Return to “General discussion about the game”