Wyoming Discussion Thread

The_Red_Remix

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#111 Post by The_Red_Remix » 14 Sep 2020 19:15

Yea while I like to see skylines of large citys there is a nice charm to a large town which you can just unexpectedly be in without realiseing it, and from what I can tell Wyoming and the rest of the Great plains states seem to be full of them. I feel like it will also provide a break of skyscrapers when SCS reaches the east coast and bigger citys pop up again and I am travaling from east to west. The lower amount of traffic lights will also make for a fun drive.

Cheyenne compared to Boise is like 4 times small in terms of population and all other citys are smaller so I will be excited to see how they portray them in game. Due to Wyoming having the lowest population of all states I am interested to see how many cities they include. Cheyenne and Casper are almost guaranteed due to being the two biggest citys and I am interested to see which others they choose to include.

The roads in Wyoming also look like a lot of fun to drive, being on the border of the great plains there seems to be a good mix of mountains hills and flat land which will hopefully allow them to feel varied. Outside of the interstates the roads also seem quite worn down which I hope will be represented well

The only thing I am worried about is SCS doing less scenery towns as there is a low population but the natural side of the state or small farms should be able to make up for it as Wyoming is full of some cool landscapes and most of the places I have seen on google maps have been cool.
Last edited by The_Red_Remix on 14 Sep 2020 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

angrybirdseller

#112 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Sep 2020 21:27

With Wyoming get I-80 along with US-191 and US-189 along with US-26, US-14 and US-20 then I-90 and I-25. I am sure Wyoming will be available in 2021 and pretty sure been working on it already. Its more nature state there features to add to make it worth while with cargo and wildlife along with crosswinds.

Blackspots

#113 Post by Blackspots » 15 Sep 2020 00:01

cwat89 wrote:
12 Sep 2020 15:55
Dang it @Blackspots!! We got home from our trip on the 5th and then it decides to snow. Did you enjoy it? Where all did you visit? Cody is a nice town. It’s cool how they preserved the buildings from the original town.
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Although the snow nixed our plan to go through Yellowstone to go through Jackson to get to Pinedale, it was pretty good.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

flight50

#114 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 00:09

I can easily see Wyoming having a good dozen mapped cities. Sure it has its larger cities like Cheyenne and Casper, but with a low population, that shouldn't reduce the amount of mapped cities it has. All SCS really needs to do is just make the small cities/town..............actually small. We can have several Pioche, Nv or Tonopah, Nv type towns to depict small towns but map them. Wyoming actually has a pretty good road layout imo. Similar to Colorado and Oregon if you ask me. The cities that should come with it are nicely spread out across the entire state. This is what will create a ton of wide open driving conditions.

I get pumped about any new map dlc though. I am just fairly fond about any new dlc in the West. I like the rock formation terrains. Finishing out the entire West would be huge. Getting I-25 and I-15 done really gives us a lot of route options. It also gives us quite a bit of I-90, I-80 and I-70.

Xaagon

#115 Post by Xaagon » 15 Sep 2020 04:09

As of 2010 census, here's a list of Wyoming's cities by population:

1. Cheyenne *
2. Casper *
3. Laramie *
4. Gillette *
5. Rock Springs *
6. Sheridan *
7. Green River ***
8. Evanston *
9. Riverton ***
10. Jackson **
11. Cody **
12. Rawlins *
13. Lander ***
14. Torrington **
15. Powell ***
16. Douglas ***
17. Worland ***
18. Buffalo ***
19. Wheatland ***
20. Newcastle ***
21. Mills ****
22. Thermopolis ***

Everything smaller than Thermopolis has less than 3,000 people.

My thoughts:
* Definitely included in ATS.
** Probably included in ATS.
*** Has a good chance of being included, at least as scenic.
**** Doubtful to be included.

Out of all of these, I think Mills is the only place we could reasonably rule out right away (it's a suburb of Casper). Everything else is significant in itself, or at a main crossroads of highways. I stopped this list at a population of 3,000 but doubtlessly we'll get some smaller places too, at least as scenic.

I first marked Laramie as probable due to its proximity to Cheyenne, but changed it to definite. They have some oil industry there that is begging to be included in ATS.

flight50

#116 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 04:46

Pretty attractive list. I think Canyon Village has a shot if we get Yellowstone.
Scenic adds - Pinedale, Moran, Green River (have to have Twin Tunnels), Sundance (but once SD comes), Montipelier, ID

averyc2506

#117 Post by averyc2506 » 15 Sep 2020 06:18

i think that jackson definitely gets added in. looking back thats probably the first city ive ever heard of from wyoming when i was young. id love to see it, such a scenic little town.
heres an irl map of what we know of the colorado dlc map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

The_Red_Remix

#118 Post by The_Red_Remix » 15 Sep 2020 08:47

I hope that SCS will include Sundance or someother city towards Devil's Tower even though they would probably include it even if there wasn't a city out there. It would be cool to end up in a small town and just decide inbetween jobs to take a short drive to see it.

flight50

#119 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 12:15

There is actually a nice little logging town North of Devils’s Tower. Hulett can bring logging and Devil’s Tower. To get them, we need US-14 and WY-24. It’s the major landmarks the US tries to incorporate well. Chimney Rock is very similar and we are getting it with Colorado.

The_Red_Remix

#120 Post by The_Red_Remix » 15 Sep 2020 12:30

I looked at Hulett as one of the other citys. I feel like they could work well as a sort of Pioche kind of city with just logging. It would also be nice to take a job which pass it. I am just not sure what else they could have to make them interesting.

Return to “General discussion about the game”