Wyoming Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#141 Post by Xaagon » 17 Oct 2020 23:06

Wow, over a month and no posts in this thread for the state most speculated to release after Colorado. I hope that's not bad news for enthusiasm for this one.

I was thinking in the event that livestock trailers and cattle cargo are not introduced with Colorado, they would have to be introduced with Wyoming, assuming it's really the next DLC to come. Ranching is just too important for Wyoming. I still think livestock trailers get released with Colorado, but there's no confirmation of them yet and it seems that we're really close to release.

Bedavd

#142 Post by Bedavd » 18 Oct 2020 02:34

I'm actually pretty pumped for Wyoming! When I moved out to Seattle, we drove through Wyoming on US 16 and I-90. It was such an amazing landscape. I'm worried that people wont be as hyped for it because it's such a small state but the natural beauty (something SCS has been pretty amazing at lately) is going to make this SUCH a great get!
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*IDAHO ADDED, LA, SF, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

flight50

#143 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 02:36

I have to agree with you @Xaagon. I'd rather Colorado introduce livestock and Wyoming can take it another step forward. Wyoming is similar sized as Colorado overall but more sparsely developed. There is tons more space in Wyoming to introduce ranching and that won't sacrifice space at all for Wyoming. If Colorado is to introduce livestock, it would have to get blogged before Colorado releases. Otherwise, it could go to Wyoming or worse case Texas. Texas will bring a ton by itself so no need to push livestock to Texas.

Wyoming has mining as its big thing. This is coal, oil/gas and trona. It will need more than just mining though. There is livestock and agriculture too. Yellowstone would be the perfect offset to add. Not exactly tourism related but Yellowstone can have purpose for sure. Don't plan on driving your loads thru it though but serving YS, should be possible. Missing YS is like missing the entire Southeast corner of Washington before Idaho brought that part. So ot it would be nice to fill it in and utilize that space.

If livestock slips to Wyoming instead, there's nothing we can do about it but I am afraid SCS will not revisit Colorado for livestock and that would be a huge miss for Colorado. So far, only California got a new industry added to it from the newer dlc's and that was forestry. Livestock is perhaps a bit more complicated to go back and add. That's why I think its better to add now for Colorado and expand for Wyoming, Tx.

@Bedavd I wouldn't call Wyoming small. I'd call it underdeveloped. I can't say I am pumped about it but I am very eager to get it. Its not even about I-80 for me either. Its the backroads and the better boxing of the map I want. Colorado adds more of I-25. If Wyoming comes behind it, we get even more of I-25. That would be a very very short wait for an extension to a major interstate that has been in the game forever with NM. But I can't imagine how well the landscaping will be. I expect it to be Idaho like. My guess is the Idaho team moved over to it.

We also get more of the Great Plains too. I hope US-85 can take us up the Eastern border of Wyoming though. I'm not sure if US-85 comes in Colorado but it should definitely come to Wyoming.

Xaagon

#144 Post by Xaagon » 18 Oct 2020 02:52

It wouldn't be too hard to add livestock to Colorado after Wyoming. They could make pickups at places like Bushnell Farms, and add the JBS type facilities, or just make pickup points to the stockyards they've shown in the blogs. However, as you said, precedent says that new industries don't get added to previous DLC except for one base map exception.

averyc2506

#145 Post by averyc2506 » 18 Oct 2020 03:05

im afraid if scs leaves out yellowstone, that could hurt the sales of the dlc. i am positive that will be a feature new players, and even current players of the game would be wanting to travel through.

that is the most notable thing in the state so i would be confused why they would leave it out
heres an irl map of what we know of the colorado dlc map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Bedavd

#146 Post by Bedavd » 18 Oct 2020 03:19

@flight50 Sorry, that was a mistype on my part. I meant small in population but didn't write that for some reason (I'll blame it on this glass of wine I have next to me).

Yellowstone will have to be included. I know most, but not all, of the roads through there exclude trucks, but that's such a huge hole that'll be glaring at us as we drive around it. Plus, Yellowstone is a pretty world-renown state park. I imagine that we'll have a few roads through the park that aren't exactly "legal" but I'm okay with that. But I'm really excited to get Wyoming because of it's scenery. The mountains and the windy roads are gonna make for some fun rides.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*IDAHO ADDED, LA, SF, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

rip_c_bennington

#147 Post by rip_c_bennington » 18 Oct 2020 03:49

Would be cool to have some company depot in Yellowstone, a small supermarket or a small construction site like in Grand Canyon Village.

harishw8r

#148 Post by harishw8r » 18 Oct 2020 06:18

Wyoming is that state I really look forward to, after Colorado. I watched a couple of Rider Shotgun videos yesterday, one in Highway 191 and another near the Devil's Tower and I was impressed at the scenary. Wyoming could make UT,CO and ID look complete, IMO.
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

flight50

#149 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 12:58

Xaagon wrote:
18 Oct 2020 02:52
It wouldn't be too hard to add livestock to Colorado after Wyoming. They could make pickups at places like Bushnell Farms, and add the JBS type facilities, or just make pickup points to the stockyards they've shown in the blogs. However, as you said, precedent says that new industries don't get added to previous DLC except for one base map exception.
Adding functional depots itself in theory shouldn't be to difficult, its the reprogramming a state's economy is what I think the problem is. For newer dlc's, all existing depots are setup from the start but to go back and add I think is the difficult part. Otherwise it would happen more often as it should.
averyc2506 wrote:
18 Oct 2020 03:05
im afraid if scs leaves out yellowstone, that could hurt the sales of the dlc. i am positive that will be a feature new players, and even current players of the game would be wanting to travel through.

that is the most notable thing in the state so i would be confused why they would leave it out
Bedavd wrote:
18 Oct 2020 03:19
Yellowstone will have to be included. I know most, but not all, of the roads through there exclude trucks, but that's such a huge hole that'll be glaring at us as we drive around it. Plus, Yellowstone is a pretty world-renown state park. I imagine that we'll have a few roads through the park that aren't exactly "legal" but I'm okay with that. But I'm really excited to get Wyoming because of it's scenery. The mountains and the windy roads are gonna make for some fun rides.
Agreed and that is why I say include it. People will say "Well you did CA-120". Do a fine system if you must. Signs to the park do say "no commercial trucking" though so its posted. But to get YS in, SCS should make depots specific to the park only. But at the same time, don't allow people to just travel thru it just because they want to. As least have some type of restrictions to it. But yes I totally agree that people will be looking forward to YS. It somewhat defines Wyoming other than a windy I-80.

Yeah YS is the world first National Park. That would be history missed. I am curious to know how well SCS can make the geysers. DX11 should help. Road-wise, my hope is US-20 from the West, US-191 from the South and maybe US--89 from the North thru Gardiner at the least. Those are the roads where most of the attractions are. US-14 would be nice as it does connect to the rest of Wyoming but US-212 goes up into Montana so its easier to exclude. The roads into YS are spread out enough that mountain models should have plenty of space. The Tetons will be nice to get as well. We can actually travel thru Teton National park legally though so I'd expect that one for sure.
rip_c_bennington wrote:
18 Oct 2020 03:49
Would be cool to have some company depot in Yellowstone, a small supermarket or a small construction site like in Grand Canyon Village.
Agreed. Actually if you zoom into Canyon Village, you can see a semi making a delivery at the eatery. If we could get a road to Grand Canyon Village that and perhaps a gas station is about all we need. Then my thinking is road construction to repair roads. There are plenty of tourist that visit so the road will get worn out. In Google Street view, I saw a road construction crew in a couple locations that have construction dumpers in the park. I think YS can work for sure.

@harishw8r I agree on the complete part. I think its complements the surrounding state very well. Can't leave out Montana though. Wyoming is the only state in that group that shares a border with all four of the last of the Western states. Its the missing puzzle piece that people will overlook because of its low population. Imo, its has enough cities actually. I can see a solid 12-13 for Wyoming.

parasaurolophus67

#150 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 Oct 2020 13:05

IF they add yellowstone they might have to code in some bison herds to walk on roads and parking lots because pretty much seen this happen on videos or T.V shows.

Return to “General discussion about the game”