Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#151 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2020 21:41

I am cool with both those names honestly. Sadly I don't think we get either but if we had a chance, Bell perhaps has the best chance. SCS would try to stay away from as much military as they can. But helicopters can be generic. There are plenty of hospitals being put in the game. Definitely several in Idaho and I know one in NM. I am sure other places too. One day, SCS just might bring in medical. Texas is huge on medical. Houston has one of the largest medical sectors in the country. Is Texas what they are waiting on for this? I have no clue. But between hospitals, sea ports, air ports and train depots, we do actually have places where we can deliver helicopters. We do have the large CH-47 Chinook already though but we can use a smaller variant like medical/news type. The Bell 407, 505 or 525 perhaps. The CH-47 feels out of place by itself though. Bell could give Boeing some company if Lockheed doesn't come to play with us in ATS. There is also the Bell Beoing V-22 aka Osprey.

gandalf7472000

#152 Post by gandalf7472000 » 05 Aug 2020 05:07

Helicopters? Someone called my name :D hell yea, as an aviation enthusiast is something I really like to see, and TO lowboys “we need something to transport them with. ;)
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

flight50

#153 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2020 06:18

Well we have the HH low boy hauling the CH-47 in Special Transport. But yes, I'd love to have HH for TO though. That is the one trailer that would make me go back to TO for sure. That and/or the 5700XE so I can do a van/reefer for TO. But yeah if we got 1-2 more helicopters, that would be sweet. We can add that to the growing list of HH cargo. My favorite loads to haul. When the forestry pack came, that boosted the total cargo for HH and I love it. We can never have too much cargo. Not only can another model or two help for aviation purposes, but the facilities I mentioned above works well. We only need hospitals to be activated.

fra_ba

#154 Post by fra_ba » 05 Aug 2020 06:52

flight50 wrote:
06 Jul 2020 13:30
By the time Texas comes we should have a new rail depot company.
way over in El Paso. Denver and Phoenix will be our closet airport in that area so getting in El Paso, spreads out the air freight nicely for Texas and the rest of ATS.
For that matter, there is norfolk southern depot in dallas. other terminals in Texas are either belongs to UP or BNSF!
Regarding airports, I think a unique company named Texas Cargo Center or similar would be good which has depots in DFW, Houston, San Antonio and El Paso. something similar to Baltic airports in Baltic dlc for ets2

Skoot

#155 Post by Skoot » 05 Aug 2020 16:07

@fra_ba airports (and sea ports) are done that way ever since France and Scandinavia DLCs respectively. ;)
Those airport depots are awfully small, especially in Baltic DLC where you can have trouble just hooking up to a double trailer, not to mention backing them in.

fra_ba

#156 Post by fra_ba » 05 Aug 2020 22:26

I know, that was just an illustration! and it doesn't need to a shared prefab, maybe 2-3 different prefabs but under same company!

dantastic

#157 Post by dantastic » 06 Aug 2020 01:05

After watching that video @flight50 posted of I-30 through DFW, I am definitely looking forward to seeing how SCS tackles that area and highway interchanges. I believe I've seen you, flight, say that they could push outwards to help more accurately model the region and think that's a great idea.

Regarding new companies, like most people I'd prefer new names and new prefabs to get complete diversity in the map, but I'd also be happy with just new names to make it feel as if there are more locations. I know that new prefabs would really help too but know that just coming up with new names is easier for scs, although maybe a cop out for diversity.
And seeing the large variety of oil companies in texas irl, what about Barrel for a new in-game company? Kind of along the same lines as Gallon but different enough to be a "competitor"

Thinking of the long list of possible cities, what is the chance they will add I-10 to Beaumont on the Louisiana side of Houston? I was wondering of the placement of Beaumont compared to both Houston and Lake Charles which I say could be included with LA. Personally, I don't look a lot into industries when creating my "city guessing" lists as I just like to see if choosing large cities is a good starting point lol.

flight50

#158 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2020 01:38

Beaumont is completely in Texas. You might be thinking of Orange,Tx. Its pretty close to the border. I fully expect Beaumont to come with Texas though because we will need to get down to Port Aruther to that port. I think PA falls under Beaumont though. If Beaumont/Port Arthur doesn't come with Texas, we don't get it at all. But its 84.9 miles apart so there is definitely space even with Houston absorbing Baytown.

Larry71490

#159 Post by Larry71490 » 06 Aug 2020 01:59

Port Arthur should be its own marked city.

averyc2506

#160 Post by averyc2506 » 06 Aug 2020 02:16

i think it would be great is PA got its own mark, but it honestly doesnt need it. put the industries there and let beaumont absorb the city name. PA is half of the population size so its not as significant
Check out my concept map of Louisiana !! :)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Return to “General discussion about the game”