Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1151 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 21:22

If that's what they do irl, they are worthless in ATS. They can stay non functional or skipped all together imo. If it doesn't pertain to trucking and/or the involvement of transporting goods, we can use the space for something else.
EthanE40

#1152 Post by EthanE40 » 11 May 2021 14:21

Skinny_Bones wrote: 08 May 2021 21:55 I made a map of what I think the Texas Roadmap will be.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
Can you make the map public? We can't see it.
flight50

#1153 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2021 21:15

I feel a Texas blog coming up. Its been a quiet week. I wouldn't be surprised if its this week. SCS updated Texas on Steam 23 hrs ago....under the radar. Updating doesn't exactly mean a blog though. Wyoming hasn't been updated in 5 months on steam and it gets blogged. Its just a hunch. 50/50 chance though.
Rockatansky6

#1154 Post by Rockatansky6 » 19 May 2021 23:40

This lack of blogs is driving me crazy. All the time, I'm at work updating the page. I think that between tomorrow and Friday we will have something. But I still don't expect 1.41beta.
flight50

#1155 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2021 00:36

Typically they would have created the beta bug thread by now if beta was at the end of the week. But next week is a different story. Its the last full week of the month and would be a pretty good week to run beta. That way we'd have all of June to bug report. So come Monday thru Wednesday, if no bug thread then...we push another week. Eventually it will come though.

California and Wyoming are up but just maybe SCS will allow us to see roads linking into Texas from New Mexico unless the devs chose to work inside to outside to the borders. That or they have locks on Texas. If Texas is anything like Colorado was, we should see quite a bit into Texas. We have quite a few cities that are on the border.
Rockatansky6

#1156 Post by Rockatansky6 » 20 May 2021 01:38

Speaking of Texas, would it be too early to think, that 1.41beta will bring some parts of Texas, as it always does with future states?
@flight50 just happened on the day of the launch of the beta to appear the forum? Or does it appear well before?
flight50

#1157 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2021 02:55

Not exactly. We won't find out until 1.41 drops though. It will definitely update Wyoming but Texas is a 50/50 shot. The bug reports is typically a few days before they release the beta. I don't recall there being a time when they setup the report and released open beta at the same time. At least not since I been following and caught on to how things works. I didn't catch on til like Washington though. It took a couple of dlc's to learn how things work with ATS.
Bedavd

#1158 Post by Bedavd » 20 May 2021 03:52

We got some parts of Colorado with the Idaho release update. And some very well polished portions at that! We'll really know it's time if we see some previously discovered roads turn grey again around the NM/TX border. That'll be cool to have a new area of the map to peek at like I do with Wyoming every update hahah.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#1159 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2021 04:33

Greyed out roads are sweet to see. I'm sure New Mexico will have a few. I am am hoping for about 6 at least. These are the ones that makes the most sense to me as they are closest to the border already:
  • I-10 from Las Cruces to El Paso
  • US-62 from Carlsbad to El Paso
  • US-62 from Hobbs to Lubbock
  • US-60 from Clovis to Amarillo
  • US-60/US-84 from Clovis to Lubbock
  • US-87 from Raton to Amarillo
I'm on the fence about US-54 from Tucumcari. If we are lucky to get Dalhart marked or have a depot there but tagged to Amarillo, I think US-54 could link to Dalhart. Otherwise, US-54 might be an Oklahoma road to get us to Guymon. Other notables are US-82,
US-380, US-385, US-412, US-285 and US-287. I know that sounds like a lot but Texas is huge and shares a lot of border. Texas starts a butt load of road density too. With double the lane miles of the second place state in California, there will be some good roads to travel in Texas hopefully. The first Texa blog showed a lot of potential. More blog in the future will show us even more over time. I wish they provide the road miles with Texas when it releases though. For whatever reason, they failed to do that with Colorado. It was the first time we did not get road miles for a dlc. If we don't get it with Wyoming, I'd have to think they are stopping that trend. But with Texas, its almost a key state to include so that people can measure up how large Texas is and how much effort went into it.

But back to greyed out roads. Then there is all the grey that we can look forward to in California..then Nevada and hopefully Arizona. All the paid dlc's will hopefully join in after all that with a few new roads here and there.
Shiva

#1160 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2021 09:20

Texas is atleast some patches away.
So not sure at all that we'll get any sights of future road connections, but it would be really nice. With patch 1.41.
Wyoming, there I think we should see more of the road connections. If not, then that would mean that Wyoming pops up with a future patch.

Raton, it would need a slight or more rebuild, to implement US-87, I hope to see that.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”