Texas Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1961 Post by Bedavd » 28 Oct 2021 16:02

flight50 wrote: 27 Oct 2021 21:09 Glass was blogged on the Texas Landmarks and Prefabs blog. So its not speculated, its real. We could definitely get (2) depot types there.
Oh nice!! I forgot about that section of that blog hahaha. If I can’t find a real life location I must just ignore it haha. So we will absolutely have at least a new company for the manufacturer, I don’t think they can slot that into any that we have already. Likely we’ll deliver glass to Plaster/Olthon, Home Store, Sell Goods, etc. I’d love to see a separate manufacturer for tempered glass that we could send to Voltison and the truck manufacturers. I’d also like to see a new supplier but I have a feeling it’ll just be NAMIQ/Coastline really.
flight50 wrote: 27 Oct 2021 21:09 But you can't forget about BASF, Lyondell Basell nor DuPont. Those are big names and ATS should have 2-3 Chemical plants. Just Chemso doesn't work. No diversity.
Of course! But I don’t think they’ll bring more than one new chemical company in a state. I’d just prefer to see Dow since it’s the world’s second biggest chemical company but it’s also the American one. We have a BASF parody in ETS2 and I’d rather see the American company in ATS, personally. Dow also previously owned DuPont and spun it off as it’s own company a few years ago, uniting the competing divisions of each to make each more specialized (as well as a third company that took both company’s agricultural divisions to compete with Monsanto). I believe Dow now does more general chemical work while DuPont does more around health/nutrition and protection materials.
flight50 wrote: 27 Oct 2021 21:09 Newer prefabs is more welcomed but the Coastline Mining/NAMIQ work around is welcomed to get new company names going. SCS doesn't have to worry about older dlc's having new companies from these mentioned.
I hope they go back and change things up in older DLCs and the Base Map to add these competitors. NAMIQ gave us precedent and we also now have the Voltison/Drake/De Muro dealership competitors. I wish De Muro would get some love since Utah, since it hasn’t shown up anywhere since
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Tristman

#1962 Post by Tristman » 28 Oct 2021 17:28

There was a De Muro Cars in Evanston prior to the Wyoming release when we could devcam over there. I thought it was interesting that a single state was going to have both car dealerships, but unfortunately the Evanston location was replaced by Drake Car Dealer upon release of the DLC.
Shiva

#1963 Post by Shiva » 28 Oct 2021 17:44

Regarding Texas IKEA?
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/IKEA,+I ... 854269!3e0
I think that 4 of the 5 could be plausible.
IKEA Frisco, I count as the most unlikely, due to the tollroads in that area. And that I-35E and US-75 most likely roads going north. To either US-82 or US-380
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1964 Post by flight50 » 28 Oct 2021 20:16

@Bedavd. I agree with all you said. For glass....I hope there is at least 4-5 types of glass. Even if from the same plant, I don't really care. The industry is there at least. If SCS wants, they can expand on it. There are tons of non used building in cities. Remove some and add some much needed diversity. There's always space where there are no mountains/terrain to conflict. Tons of filler buildings. I don't think the number of functional depots should be factored in. When new industries come online, I do think SCS should go back and implement some of these new depot........without having to do a base map reskin. 1-2 depots added to existing cities where real life counterparts isn't asking for too much. That's just the way the US is laid out. That is why I've said many times, SCS should produce a fairly large library for ATS depots. Whether they establish all the companies now or later, at some point more diversity needs to come.

If they establish a very large library now, there are two ways to go about doing this.
1) brainstorm. Research research research. Come of with every possible industry that makes since for the ATS model. Sure there will be some not accounted for but added in the future, but at least thinking about it now, makes planning for (x) depot in (x) depot in (x) city. If you account for it, the layout per dlc is solved.
2) this requires resources....now or later. Let say SCS set aside 1-2 asset people and did nothing but depots. They could basically make 20-30 new depots for new companies to get implemented. With #1 in mind, as these dlc's come, drop in the corresponding depot now that the industry is now introduced into ATS.

I will give a few examples of industry that are worthy but not in ATS. Car manufacturers, rubber, textiles, poultry/hogs, healthcare/pharmaceutical, Wholesale retailers, confectionery manufacturing, snack foods, aerospace, apparel, consumer goods like (personal goods/hygiene), Food distribution, waste management and household products. Industries that need to be deeper...transportation, Technology/semicondutor, Retail, petroleum, manufacturing, food processing, automotive and construction.

I'd take Dow hands down. Dow and Chemso are cool for now. But by the time we get to to the East coast, we need another in the mix. That's why I was hoping for about 3 chemical companies. For the next 3-5 years, one would suffice but it would get old and overused just like Chemso now. I'd love nothing more than for SCS to thin out some of older over used prefabs/companies to add diversity. This is the part they seem unwilling to do a lot of. We did get NAMIQ at least but can we get more thinning out than that? The car dealerships was great. But if we actually get a car industry in ATS, we'll need another car dealership. Something like CarMax. A depot that is at least twice the size of the current dealerships. We'll need more space to move around these lots.

For Ikea...I don't think Texas needs more than 3. I 'd do Houston, San Antonio or Austin and then the one in Grand Prairie. All though Frisco is out of reach, if SCS was creative, its actually the one that has the most space to make something fictional. I think US-75 should make the game. I don't see any North Texas toll roads coming or at least accessible. What I'd do is make one of those East to West roads and squeeze in Frisco that way. El Dorado makes the most sense. It connects to both US-75 and US-75. We should get Lewisville lake for sure anyways. We can get a portion of the toll road near Ikea just for immersion. But we can use Preston (TX-289) South from El Dorado.
Xaagon

#1965 Post by Xaagon » 29 Oct 2021 23:30

Speaking of snack foods, isn't there a big Hostess bakery somewhere around Dallas? Maybe we could get the Twinkie and Ho-Ho supply chain into ATS!
Trucker Nik

#1966 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Oct 2021 14:12

You noticed that it's been over two weeks (specifically 18 days) since the last blog in Texas, and we still haven't received a new blog, maybe it will come after exactly three weeks, so on Wednesday ( 3.11.) in the case HoR, it will be exactly 2 weeks tomorrow since we received the blog, the two-week Texas blog publishing cycle has been broken, there is no need to rely on this cycle, surely the only thing is that there are more blogs than when the development of Wyoming was in full swing, then a minimum of Texas blogs
Tristman

#1967 Post by Tristman » 30 Oct 2021 16:04

We might get another one in two weeks or so.
flight50

#1968 Post by flight50 » 30 Oct 2021 16:21

Xaagon wrote: 29 Oct 2021 23:30 Speaking of snack foods, isn't there a big Hostess bakery somewhere around Dallas? Maybe we could get the Twinkie and Ho-Ho supply chain into ATS!
No Hostess that I'm aware of. But we could use a bakery in the game. There are snack cakes, cookies, bread, pastries, etc. The main one I think we should have is Frito Lay. Makes perfect sense if Idaho supposively put potatoes on the map. Annie could come up with a great design for a parody. Potatoes should have a larger roll in the ATS economy imho. We can get away with just one Bakery in ATS perhaps and make it a national chain. Hostee's or Little Debbie's works.

The Texas blogs are not a set in stone 2-3 weeks yet. We need more of a pattern first. Once we get a consistent 3-4 blogs in a row within a 2-3 week period, I wouldn't count on Texas blogs so frequently just yet.
Bedavd

#1969 Post by Bedavd » 30 Oct 2021 16:34

Before the Sept 29th/Oct 12th blogs we were getting one blog every three months, so I agree we definitely need more of a pattern. Maybe we’ll get one next week or the week after. Unless we’re only a couple months from release I think we’re gonna be a bit off from 2 week blogs.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
rbsanford

#1970 Post by rbsanford » 30 Oct 2021 16:54

I'm thinking Bimbo's would be better for a bakery. That not only makes snack cakes (it owns Sara Lee), but also pastries (through Entenmann's) and regular sliced bread. It's an absolute giant of a company: it's the biggest bakery company in the US, and also has facilities throughout the Americas (it's based in Mexico) and even in Iberia, so it could also be featured in ETS2.

There's a lot more to be added to the food industry, but thanks to monopolies, we just need a few more companies. We already have General Mills (Global Mills) and Coca-Cola (USBB); I think all we need more are Pepsico (for chips, cereal, soft drinks), Kraft-Heinz (meat, dairy, candy, beverages, condiments), Nestle (beverages, frozen foods, candy, cosmetics), Unilever (ice cream, condiments, cosmetics), and Mars (candy).
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”