Texas Discussion Thread

dkasper00

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1871 Post by dkasper00 » 13 Oct 2021 07:24

Yet...
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Eduard_Kenobi

#1872 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 13 Oct 2021 10:11

Don't worry, we will get new cargoes and companies with Texas.
TheAmir259

#1873 Post by TheAmir259 » 13 Oct 2021 11:58

They cannot get away with no new companies, so its definitely a matter of time and several more blogs before they tease new companies. Not with Texas, they can't. They could've very well decided to do so with Wyoming, or Colorado, but they didn't neither so with Texas being much bigger than them both combined, no way will they be skipping companies.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Trakaplex

#1874 Post by Trakaplex » 13 Oct 2021 12:16

TheAmir259 wrote: 13 Oct 2021 11:58 They cannot get away with no new companies, so its definitely a matter of time and several more blogs before they tease new companies. Not with Texas, they can't. They could've very well decided to do so with Wyoming, or Colorado, but they didn't neither so with Texas being much bigger than them both combined, no way will they be skipping companies.
I'm expecting an oiling and NASA job, fuel tankers and rockets. What are you expecting?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#1875 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2021 15:34

TheAmir259 wrote: 13 Oct 2021 11:58 They cannot get away with no new companies, so its definitely a matter of time and several more blogs before they tease new companies. Not with Texas, they can't. They could've very well decided to do so with Wyoming, or Colorado, but they didn't neither so with Texas being much bigger than them both combined, no way will they be skipping companies.
I totally agree but we got zero new companies with Idaho and I'm still pretty upset about it.......obviously. We saying they can't get away with new companies....well it's happened before and I hope to never see it again. I hate to say it, but to me, it was a slap in the face as a huge ATS fan that cares. Idaho seriously lit a fire under me which is why I'm always talking about ICCs. ICC's have an important roll. Some people care, some don't. Well I do and in a huge way. Just as adamant as I was about ATS not getting 8x4s and 4x2's. Well they finally came. Texas hopefully makes up for the lack of new companies after Oregon/Washington. I don't think there is much excuse for Texas not to at the least equal Oregon's new company total imho. Iirc, Oregon brought 11 new companies. Texas is too large to skimp out on adding several new companies.

Oil/Gas is huge here. We need 2-3 new companies minimum there. Livestock and farming is big. We can use 2-3 new companies there as well. I'm getting fairly burned out seeing Gallon Gas, Bushnell and SunCrops represent these industries. Then there is a slew of specific companies like Blue Bell, Ikea, Bell Helicopter. There is also the likes of lets say HEB, Whole Foods for groceries. There are contractor companies like Fluor, DR Horton, Kinder Morgan or Quanta. There is Texas Instruments, Kimberly Clark, Dean Foods or if we got into recycling, there is WM (Waste Management). Most of these are all Texas based companies that can serve the entire ATS map. Some of these can go national as is or with a copy rebrand mind set.

Now these are just examples on what I'd love to see for ATS growth. So please don't assume SCS adds this just because I said it. I'm just greedy when it comes to ICCs. I think the focus needs to shift back to the delivery side of the economy. What industries can we get to freshen up ATS. What new companies do we get with those new or expanded industries. What new cargo comes with all this. I have hopes that Texas can retool the ATS economy a bit. I play less and less to keep from completely getting burned out. It irks me to continue seeing all these new companies that ATS's big brother keeps getting, yet ATS gets 2-3 if that. In some states, its fine. But overall no. SCS should be making several new companies and replace some of these old overused companies. Create some diversity just like Coastline Mining/NAMIQ.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#1876 Post by SCS_Annie » 13 Oct 2021 17:49

flight50 wrote: 13 Oct 2021 15:34
Now these are just examples on what I'd love to see for ATS growth.
We care a whole lot about Texas, that's all I'm going to say.
Our company keeps expanding, and with it, the ATS team - we've got many more people compared to what we had 2 years ago - the team was way smaller then, keep that in mind. Fans' expectations and our ambitions often go hand in hand, but compromises are difficult, yet necessary part of the development process.
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
clifflandmark

#1877 Post by clifflandmark » 13 Oct 2021 17:54

yes, nice profile picture.
HagenXXV

#1878 Post by HagenXXV » 13 Oct 2021 19:03

The expansion of roads, towns, cities and states go hand in hand with the industry. In my opinion, there is no need for 20 new companies, it is better to expand the variety of cargo from current companies (especially for flatbed trailers) and create new divisions, like Bushnell's livestock auctions in Wyoming, obviously I await the arrival of new industry in Texas ( oil, agriculture, aerospace and cars ) I don't want to take used packaging from New Wallbert-Pro in Laredo to the New Sell Goods Carriers warehouse in Dallas or take tractor plows from Jhon Beer in El Paso to ABCD Machiney in Houston. :D
flight50

#1879 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2021 19:50

SCS_Annie wrote: 13 Oct 2021 17:49 We care a whole lot about Texas, that's all I'm going to say.
Our company keeps expanding, and with it, the ATS team - we've got many more people compared to what we had 2 years ago - the team was way smaller then, keep that in mind. Fans' expectations and our ambitions often go hand in hand, but compromises are difficult, yet necessary part of the development process.
Thank you for chiming in. The community and a few of your colleagues are use to me on here :D. I've hung out with a few of your guys when they came to Dallas in 2019.
HagenXXV wrote: 13 Oct 2021 19:03 The expansion of roads, towns, cities and states go hand in hand with the industry. In my opinion, there is no need for 20 new companies,
I notice people that don't live here keep saying this for whatever reason. You have to understand the regional companies vs national companies here in the US. Just because the US is predominantly English speaking and has standards as a country, does not mean it should lack ICC diversity......at all. You also have to understand how industries are divided up in the entire US per its (4) regions. The US is just as diverse in companies as Europe is. It all works as a one big unit. That is truckin in the US. The more industries introduced, the more new companies should pop up. Even under the same industries, there should be multiples in that same industry. More industries and more companies equals more cargo.

For those of you who think its okay to have 45-50 companies and reuse it for the entire US, that is your right to think so, just like I have a right to fight for more diversity. But I totally think that is wrong and creates a lot more boredom for people who seek the same type of diversity as ETS2. There are 150+ companies in ETS2 to what...50 or so in ATS. I play ATS for the economy, not just as a driving sim. More and more people will notice the lack of company diversity down the road. When that happens, people will remember that I tried bringing to attention well before people started being negative about the need for more ICC's in ATS. When we do get it, your welcome :D.
Marcello Julio

#1880 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 Oct 2021 21:57

I'm really looking forward to what Annie and all Texas team are planning :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”