Texas Discussion Thread

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1681 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Sep 2021 22:00

flight50 wrote: 26 Sep 2021 20:17There is a huge difference in density with the population. That density is reflected in the maps per game.
Not in al maps... Take a look at the Wyoming DLC: if the real life density would have been reflected in the Wyoming DLC most towns would have been smaller.

Besides, we must not only look at the amount of marked cities, but at the amount of unmarked cities as well.
oldmanclippy

#1682 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Sep 2021 22:14

25-30 will be plenty for Texas. Any more and space between cities will be compromised especially with there being 6 big cities.

I am hopeful for the frontage roads to feature prominently, but I wouldn't be too surprised if SCS didn't grasp the significance of them during their research on the state. Frontage roads exist in other states, so if SCS didn't understand the magnitude to which they exist in Texas they might just ditch them like they do in other states.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#1683 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2021 02:34

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 26 Sep 2021 22:00
flight50 wrote: 26 Sep 2021 20:17There is a huge difference in density with the population. That density is reflected in the maps per game.
Not in al maps... Take a look at the Wyoming DLC: if the real life density would have been reflected in the Wyoming DLC most towns would have been smaller.

Besides, we must not only look at the amount of marked cities, but at the amount of unmarked cities as well.
Density and scale is too different things. If SCS makes a 1:3 city much larger than it should be, that's because they had space to do so. That's on them. I bet cities in Iberia that are equal to Wyoming cities populations are smaller because the space is more limited. Comparing 49 cities to 10 is a huge difference in space.

Wyoming is smaller than Iberia but comparing 49 cities to 10 is a huge difference in space.

[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#1684 Post by JoeAlex23 » 27 Sep 2021 04:52

flight50 wrote: 26 Sep 2021 15:19
SellGoods should not be the only logistics, Wallbert should not be the only grocery store. Butimen and Plaster & Sons should not be the only construction companies. Double them both at least. Chemso, Deepgrove, Gallon Gas, ....all these companies are base map depots with little offer in terms of competitor company. Bushnell and SunCrops needs new names. Texas is large enough to have more than these two. Texas could easily get (2) new of each for a total of (4+) new farms. If ATS can only have (1) farm per city...make (2) different farms to add more farms per marked city. The Great Plains will be about farming and getting more farms per marked city will be crucial. Set up Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and the Dakota for Agricultural success. Farming is also state specific and regional specific. Why have Bushnell and Suncrops when you could have something like Horizon Plain Farms, Green Pasture Farms, Cattlehead Farms, etc heck...some new... be innovative with new. Name doesn't matter. There are a million out there. What does matter though is providing more companies and Texas is the state to launch new companies in this new region. The West is about to be a done deal. Its time to think about the South region and the MidWest. Both will more than likely hit ATS in the next 2-3 years.
I completely agree with that, there are also a bunch of companies from the old 18 WoS games that can make their comeback with Texas, I would love to see some of those classic companies with a new design!
flight50

#1685 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2021 12:30

.........and I agree with that. I wasn't around for the 18 WoS days but I definitely think they should come back. Those are establish companies that are not legal issues as far as I know. Eddy's and Bushnell I know came from there. Could be 1-2 more I'm missing but I'm going off memory. It would be cool to see Texas bring those back. At least the majority of them.

I'm not positive but UK Simulator and Germany Simulator that are base map for ETS2, did they bring over their old companies? For someone like myself that likes to play for the economy, ATS is pretty limited with ICCs. That must change as ATS pushes forward. ATS is deserving of company diversity just like ETS2 but I don't think the devs are focusing on that. The US is only slightly smaller than Europe. If there are a ton of companies in ETS2, there should be a ton of companies in ATS as well. Same land mass. It just doesn't make sense at all. I get tied of people pulling the different customs card. There are 50 countries in Europe. There are 50 state in the US....what's the deal. Like I said, the US has regional companies, national companies, state specific companies and continental companies. Yet no company diversity and we are marching into our 11th state and still growing.
AlexxxF1

#1686 Post by AlexxxF1 » 27 Sep 2021 13:16

as in the USA, there are also thousands of national private companies in Europe. The SCS shows only the core, the main state-owned enterprises, the core of the country.
Europe is different countries and cultures. The United States is one country and one culture.
it is much easier for ETS2 to create new brands for companies, as they easily and naturally fit into game.

but this is not the main thing asas I think.
in ATS each DLС brings 2-6 new companies. 2 DLC per year = 8 new companies (like WA with UT or CO wih WY etc ).
3-4 DLS per year = 12-16 new companies per year for ATS . that is will be the same as for ETS2 per year.

it just all depends on the speed of DLC creation. although they are smaller for ATS, but their development and creation is more difficult and longer.

you just need to wait for the release of 3-4 DLC for ATS per year and we will get the same growth of 3-4x per year new companies.
flight50

#1687 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2021 13:29

The longer they wait, the tougher it is for national companies to be implemented. That makes no sense to purposely wait til 3-4 dlc's a year. No telling if that even happens.

Its just as easy to make a new company in ATS. Implementing it in older stated is the problem, not making a new company.......but only if its intended to be national is it a problem. ATS can easily have regional companies. It's no different than ETS2. You all keep throwing in the culture card. Companies have nothing to do with culture. Its about industry. Industries are repetitive in each country just like industries are repetitive here in the US per region, but they still come as different brand compaines.
Tristman

#1688 Post by Tristman » 27 Sep 2021 13:39

flight50 wrote: 27 Sep 2021 12:30
I'm not positive but UK Simulator and Germany Simulator that are base map for ETS2, did they bring over their old companies?
German Truck Sim and UK Truck Sim use companies from ETS1, and these are the same companies that were featured in the ETS2 base map and first expansion.
I don't think they were used after Scandinavia anymore.
flight50

#1689 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2021 14:41

Not used after Scandinavia is cool. ATS hasn't used 18WoS companies. To do that. The depots used in the base map for ATS are still being used. Shouldn't ATS get the Scandinavia treatment for some companies by discontinuing them. ATS needs to be treated in regions as well. Carrying base map companies to Maine is not necessary. Some need to drop off tge radar. Currently ATS has 4 companies that are national based in real life. Home Store, Wallbert, Charged and USBB. We need more national companies if SCS wants continue using the same companies for all of the US.

If ATS goes where it should, there should be a good amount of regional companies coming online with Texas and then again with Kansas.
EllieODaire

#1690 Post by EllieODaire » 27 Sep 2021 15:05

flight50 wrote: 27 Sep 2021 14:41Currently ATS has 4 companies that are national based in real life. Home Store, Wallbert, Charged and USBB. We need more national companies if SCS wants continue using the same companies for all of the US.
Coastline Mining is akin to Vulcan Mineral Co, Sell Goods is the generic warehouse you see in every city, (US Foods, Americold, US Cold Storage, Amazon Fulfillment), Eddy's is akin to Walgreens, 42Print is akin to Quadgraphics, Bushnell is akin to Smithfield or Tyson...

National chains are very much a thing in the USA. Even with regional restaurant chains, they all get their fries from Lamb Weston and the warehouses are all US Foods, Performance Foodgroup, Sysco, and MBM.

In my experience the biggest regional difference is grocery distributors and the only reason those even look different is because Kroger & Safeway haven't consolidated their branding nationally even though they own most of them.

Edit: I forget the name but there's already a Kraft analog in the game as well

Return to “General discussion about the game”