Texas Discussion Thread

Trakaplex

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1941 Post by Trakaplex » 22 Oct 2021 01:17

rbsanford wrote: 21 Oct 2021 15:37 I can see Texas having a few unmarked cities as well, like Arlington (how neat would it be to see Six Flags Over Texas from I-30?), Temple (assuming it won't be marked, since that area might get crowded with Austin and Waco), New Braunfels, etc. Mostly satellite cities.

Texas will surely become a leader in a lot of things; due to its sheer size, it's guaranteed. It'll stay the king in number of marked cities, unmarked cities/towns, garages, road miles, etc.
I think Arlington will be a drive in city based on its industry.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
The Torgo

#1942 Post by The Torgo » 22 Oct 2021 03:26

clifflandmark wrote: 21 Oct 2021 10:22 Don't you know this one ? It's absolutely the shack outside La Grange. :mrgreen: I'd like to see it since day 1.
just let me know if you wanna go :mrgreen:
oldmanclippy

#1943 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Oct 2021 13:21

I'd be surprised if Arlington is marked on its own, but surely one or more depots from Ft. Worth or Dallas will be placed in Arlington, like Aurora got depots from Denver, Renton from Seattle, Poissy from Paris, etc.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#1944 Post by flight50 » 26 Oct 2021 14:01

Arlington shouldn't get marked imho. But yeah, a depot for sure still represents a DFW company. I'm looking for DFW to be the largest metro area in the game to date.........until LA gets a full rebuild. Solve DFW and you solved LA metro. LA should be a tad bit larger than DFW. Its the 2nd largest metro area in the US and DFW is 4th. So according to real life scale, LA should be represented with more space. Nevertheless, I think DFW will be the best focal point in the game until Chicago comes. DFW is fairly centralized compared to LA. So LA, DFW, Chicago and NYC will be the largest areas. Followed by Houston, DC, Miami, Philly, Atlanta and Phoenix for the top 10. The Bay area comes in at number 12 but if SCS adds San Jose, that boost that area hands down.

So yeahhh, I'm still sticking with Texas being the testing grounds for a lot of the huge cities/metro areas to come.
oldmanclippy

#1945 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Oct 2021 20:32

And unfortunately all that city building expertise won't be nearly as useful in the states ahead. Sure there's New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, St. Louis, Omaha, the Twin Cities, etc, but until we get to Chicago, Atlanta, or Miami there's not a whole lot in the way of really big Texas-sized cities coming up in ATS. ETS2 doesn't have much coming up either. London rebuild whenever that happens could be a challenge, but besides that there's Athens and Kyiv (but those will be much easier to map than Portland/Denver for example, let alone DFW or Houston), and Ankara and the Asian half of Istanbul, and those still pale in comparison to the mapping complexity of the biggest cities in Texas.

So whoever is responsible for most of Texas' big 6 cities will have to be otherwise preoccupied in the coming years. There won't be similar challenges for quite a while.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
flight50

#1946 Post by flight50 » 26 Oct 2021 21:22

LA, Phoenix, Bay area, San Diego, Sacramento, Tulsa, Reno, Vegas finish up, Tucson....there might enough to reskin to keep 1/2 those guys busy. The other half should get summoned to actual dlc's once Texas is out. They could even retouch up some midsized cities or do town along the new roads that SCS could add until their services are needed again.

Long shot, but if roads are preliminary in (x) dlc way ahead of time, maybe the city builders can get jump starts for future dlc's........if and only if the asset team is on pace with them. If no assets to work with, the mappers have to peel back. If the ratio of mappers to asset is still 1:1 or even 2:1, that's a lot of content to be made and placed. I can't imagine what its taking to do Texas. I sure hope the summary blog for Texas tells us a lot of this info. It should be a record amount of content by far. Maybe even for both games considering Texas is so huge. I wonder what's the sq mile/sq km equivalence Texas is to the HoR dlc coming. Is Texas larger than even that? Russia is huge but no way SCS does it all in one shot.
oldmanclippy

#1947 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Oct 2021 22:46

@flight50 The extent of HoR that can be confirmed via screenshots is still significantly smaller in area than Texas, and I can see HoR being a similar road density, but a much lesser urban density with Moscow being the only major urban center (although it is a massive urban center). So Texas will probably be the biggest SCS DLC so far, if not in number of cities then in overall work required.
flight50

#1948 Post by flight50 » 26 Oct 2021 23:24

Yeah, I was speaking of content in general. ETS2 is set up differently than ATS. ATS has fewer cities per dlc but larger huge cities I suppose. ATS dlc are typically smaller than overall ETS2 dlc...outside of Texas of course. Along with that, typically more depots per city are in ATS iirc someone mentioning before. I don't feel like jumping into ETS2 to verify that, lol. Once we get deep into the Midwest and the East, its going to be interesting seeing how SCS deals with space/cities. For the time being, the ride is simpler. Especially with the bulk of the Great Plains coming up. Its as simple as it gets directly North of Texas in the GPs. The closer we get to the Mighty Mississippi, the tighter things get.

Texas and beyond though, I'm locked on to ICC's. I'm curious to know, how and will ATS open up to less repetitiveness. I still think Texas has that chance to give than new vibe solely because its the first dlc outside of the West. We have only one more West state to go with Montana and hopefully, it completes the West in style. Montana/Texas are to of most anticipated states in the past 2-3 years. The are the largest left. Then SCS announced the California reskin so its in play now for good work coming. So in theory, if you look at things like a huge triangle, we will have the (3) largest US states by landmass in the lower 48 in the game in the next 2 years hopefully.

[ external image ]

A properly done California can be right on par with the newest dlc's and that, will be a huge boost to all of ATS. Imagine the xmas events will all states being on par with current dlc. That would get everyone driving everywhere. Hopefully even those that only have the base map will start to invest into the newer dlc's to expand their game play. The dlc's gives us the best of the best.
Jacob94

#1949 Post by Jacob94 » 27 Oct 2021 04:15

I Would Love to See Nederland Beaumont Port Arthur and Port Neches maybe even Bridge City and Baytown being added with texas here is a preview of that https://www.nationsonline.org/maps/USA/Texas_map.jpg most of the roads connect to galveston High island and bolivar pennsula i would love to see the ferrys be added to ride across.
Shiva

#1950 Post by Shiva » 27 Oct 2021 06:25

Those would fall under Beaumont and Houston, if some of the areas can be fitted in. Galveston could maybe be separate.

@oldmanclippy significantly smaller area? https://thetruesize.com/#?borders=1~!MT ... Dk(MzAy)Mw, maybe, maybe not?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”