Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1571 Post by flight50 » 13 Sep 2021 12:19

Exit 880 is more iconic. I'd skip the Louisiana Exit #1. Its just a loop anyways. Lake Charles might be in another map sector but we'll need distance between Beaumont and Lake Charles. Add in exit 880 and then the Louisiana Welcome center and that works. One is a rest stop on the Westbound side (exit 880) and one is on the Eastbound side (Louisiana Welcome). Those two are all we really need besides a little scenery from Orange between Beaumont and Lake Charles.

Considering exit 880 is a pain for Eastbound traffic due to the lonnnnng loop that SCS would have to make, it makes more sense to only do the exit ramp for exit 880 for SCS for Westbound traffic and then we get the Louisiana Welcome for Eastbound. So all this should come with the Louisiana dlc so that spacing can be worked out in one dlc and not two. Besides, Orange isn't much more than scenic so SCS won't put too much energy into a scenic border town.
Shiva

#1572 Post by Shiva » 13 Sep 2021 14:48

I wouldn't even have Orange as scenic, due to space reasons.
Distance between Beaumont and Lake Charles? There wont be much distance.
Exit 880's long loop? If in, it would be rather short, ingame.
Exit 880 and Exit 1 would be nice to have ingame, with the bridge between, but is there space for those?
Beaumont and Lake Charles map sectors + a few more.
Beaumont and Lake Charles.jpg
Baton Rouge to New Orleans distance, that can be cheated by letting I-10 go more south sharper than it does in real life.
Similar with I-10 between Houston and Beaumont, but letting the I-10 go sharper north than IRL. As in, at what would be Vinnie ingame, there I-10 would go almost straigth north to Beaumont.
That is my theory on how SCS might do I-10, to give more space for the cities.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Tristman

#1573 Post by Tristman » 13 Sep 2021 15:56

Could SCS posibly leave Beaumont out so there is enough space for both Houston and Lake Charles + a good transition in between, or is the city too important to be left out?
Trucker Nik

#1574 Post by Trucker Nik » 13 Sep 2021 16:23

It is just as important as Cody for Wyoming or Lamar for Colorado ;)
oldmanclippy

#1575 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 Sep 2021 16:40

Exit 880 should come, but whether it comes with Texas or Louisiana isn't that important to me. Of course I want as much of I-10 as we can possibly get, but I think Texas has plenty of bigger fish to fry.

Something that kind of spaced my mind when we got the most recent Texas blog was the number of screenshots we got from southeast Texas. According to @Bedavd's ATS IRL map, we got a screenshot from US-190 crossing Lake Livingston and another on US-287 in Hillister. Those are two roads I hadn't expected and I am delighted that we'll be getting them. Southeast Texas is my most anticipated part of this state besides the major cities, so I hope that SCS really fills it in and starts off the eastern US density on the right foot. A new biome and a new level of population and road density is really exciting.

Beaumont is pretty important. Tons of industry there between it and Port Arthur. It should be included. There should be enough space between it and Houston I think. Lake Charles will have room to shift east if needed. There will probably be 4 or 5 cities along I-10 in LA: Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and maybe one other (Slidell). Lafayette can get shifted southeast if need be, New Orleans can be shifted south, and Baton Rouge to the north. So Lake Charles getting shifted east can happen if need be to make room for Beaumont/Port Arthur.

Personally, I think southern Louisiana can do with just Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Port Fourchon. That's a slightly higher density than the I-25 corridor in Colorado which sounds about right to me. Give New Orleans and the bridges across Lake Ponchartrain room to breathe. Hammond and Slidell can be scenic but marking them might make things a bit too tight down there. Louisiana's density shouldn't put I-10 in Texas east of Houston in danger. There can be a balance between the two.

Houston -> Beaumont -> Lake Charles -> Lafayette -> Baton Rouge -> New Orleans is a good balance between the needed density along that segment and allowing the interesting biome of the area to shine.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
AlexP910501

#1576 Post by AlexP910501 » 13 Sep 2021 16:56

Guys, I really wish with all my heart that Texas includes Peterbilt main plant in Denton Texas, like the Kenworth plant or the Western Star plant in Oregon and Washington. It would be a dream come true for me.
Attachments
peterbiltaerial-19_oct-13-17rgb-300dpi-med_0 (1).jpg
Tristman

#1577 Post by Tristman » 13 Sep 2021 17:14

I think we have good reason to expect the Peterbilt plant in Denton. Let’s hope they include it (and all other main plants for the truck manufacturers featured in the game).
fra_ba

#1578 Post by fra_ba » 13 Sep 2021 17:43

Tristam-94 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 15:56 Could SCS posibly leave Beaumont out so there is enough space for both Houston and Lake Charles + a good transition in between, or is the city too important to be left out?
I hope SCS doesn't miss the biggest refinery in the US, well it's technically located in Port Arthur, but I assume it will be put under Beaumont
flight50

#1579 Post by flight50 » 13 Sep 2021 17:54

Beaumont can not be skipped. Orange can though. But exit 880 is technically in Orange so we will need some type of scenery. We can't go from Beaumont right to exit 880. We need at least 1/4 to 1/2 mile worth of scenic stuff.

I agree on pushing I-10 a tad further South for New Orleans. I'm expecting I-10 in Louisiana to look a tad like I-80 in Wyoming. All the cities are even spaced and its one less. Slidell and Hammond are scenic imo but I'd give them remote depots for sure. Baton Rouge for Hammond and NO for Slidell.
SuchManor

#1580 Post by SuchManor » 13 Sep 2021 18:47

I hope they include the worlds largest gas station in New Braunfels. I know it doesn't really serve trucks but it would be cool to have in scenery since it is right along I-35. There is also a massive Walmart distribution center nearby.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

Return to “General discussion about the game”