Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#41 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2020 14:50

I hope you are right about that fra_ba. Depending on scale and space. I'd love to see that region blossom in the Oil/Gas field. Tanker load will be increased for sure. If the refineries are about the size of Boeing, definitely only 2. But if they about half the size of Boeing or even 3/4 of that size, we could get lucky and get all 4 if they located well. This would be the perfect time to separate and add more than just Gallon gas and Chevron. Adding more to the mix is much more realistic to North America. Those 4 might be in the Houston area, but Texas has plenty to choose from. I don't expect them all to be in the game, but spreading them out across Texas would be a great way to expand the industry. I just hope the devs go back to other states and make them or active them too.

If we get a cargo pack for the oil/gas industry, I am going to love hh/st to the oil facilities. I can only cross my fingers that by that time, lowboys will be part of TO by then.
TheRedRaider

#42 Post by TheRedRaider » 19 Jun 2020 18:01

flight50 wrote: 19 Jun 2020 06:29 I suppose once Pavel mentioned that he had someone on Texas last year, this thread could have popped up then but it didn't. But hey, better late than never :D .

I don't know much about Lubbock besides being home to Tech but I will take my shots guessing the outcome. So don't get offended, lol. Loop 289, doesn't make it. At 1:20 scale, its just not large enough. Unless SCS give us the expansion of city limits I posted about on page 1. There is enough distance between Lubbock and Amarillo to expand the circumference of each city. Otherwise, the other reason why I don't think the loop makes it is because of the roads that I think that will go thru it. I think US-82 and US-84 goes thru Lubbock. US-62 has to come from Hobbs but I think it could stops at US-82 and TX-114 and pick up again on the Northeast part of town. US-84 from Clovis goes all the way thru town and either terminate at I-27 or continue to US-380/I-20. I-27 is a no brainier so its in for sure. I expect Lubbock and Amarillo to be similar to Boise in how we will get density in driving thru town without a ring road though. Buddy Holly is a land mark and is definitely ATS worthy if we get that part of US-62 but I honestly don't see enough trucking on that road to bring that road.
@flight50 I'm not offended, I honestly felt the same way but many of you on here have a better idea of what qualifies a road to make it in game. Lubbock is known as the Hub City because of all the highways and rail lines that come to town. I want to show y'all a little bit more about US-62/US-82 and other highways in Lubbock that I think could make it in the game.The first image shows the routes for US-62 and US-82 from NM, and the second is of Lubbock and what kinds of destinations and where they could be ingame
Image 1:https://imgur.com/gallery/xOju8Gy
Red Line US-82
Green Line US-62
Image 2:https://imgur.com/gallery/HTd32G8
Where US-62 and US-82 split here in Lubbock, US-82 remains a freeway up until MLK. Blvd. (yellow line). US-62 runs concurrently with TX-114 through town and then meet up with US-82 again of the eastside where all 3 leave Lubbock. (US-82 to Whicita Falls, US-62 to Childress/OK, TX-114-DFW).
The magenta boxes represent Walmarts (Walberts)
The brown boxes represent United Supermarkets and Market streets (The HEB of the Panhandle and parts of NM and OK though there are some Market Streets in the Dallas area. Headquarters here in Lubbock). I forgot to change the color but the magenta box along TX-114 (19th Street) are car dealerships that could make it.
The black box represents where most of the industry here.
Highways that Make it For Sure:
I-27/US-87,US-84, US-82/US-62 (SCS makes them run concurrent through Lubbock)
What could happen:
If the car dealerships make it and another road to get to farms, TX-114 being a street through the middle of Lubbock (This would allow US-62 to follow its actual alignment)
Other streets would depend on how much scs wants to add to Lubbock.
Overall I look forward to helping those learn more about Lubbock and hearing y'alls thoughts.
fra_ba

#43 Post by fra_ba » 19 Jun 2020 19:37

flight50 wrote: 19 Jun 2020 14:50 I hope you are right about that fra_ba. Depending on scale and space. I'd love to see that region blossom in the Oil/Gas field. Tanker load will be increased for sure. If the refineries are about the size of Boeing, definitely only 2. But if they about half the size of Boeing or even 3/4 of that size, we could get lucky and get all 4 if they located well. This would be the perfect time to separate and add more than just Gallon gas and Chevron. Adding more to the mix is much more realistic to North America. Those 4 might be in the Houston area, but Texas has plenty to choose from. I don't expect them all to be in the game, but spreading them out across Texas would be a great way to expand the industry. I just hope the devs go back to other states and make them or active them too.

If we get a cargo pack for the oil/gas industry, I am going to love hh/st to the oil facilities. I can only cross my fingers that by that time, lowboys will be part of TO by then.
Roughly in terms of size refineries are around size the of Boeing! However, I don't expect to see all areas since one normally can't visit all areas of a refinery with a truck! I wish devs build a specialized chemical cargo delivery system in which you only can deliver special types of cargo to special chemical plants. It will create a good chain of supply in Texas alone, not to mention the whole ATS world!
flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2020 19:42

Hmmm. There are 2 black boxes, cool. So with that in mind, I would think US-62 is in. To access the Southeastern industrial area, we need both US-62 and US-84 imo. That gives us that midsize city drive thru that brings density. So imo, what you marked up is our Lubbock, just without the loop.

I would love to get those dealerships you mentioned. Walmart and the industrial stuff. So what kind of industrial stuff is there. The more you can share the more awareness the devs can be. They may not be able to find everything about US cities. Locals will always be very knowledgeable to thier local areas and that carries a lot of value..
ASUSTechSupport

#45 Post by ASUSTechSupport » 19 Jun 2020 20:18

Hopefully we get around 25 cities with Texas
Last edited by ASUSTechSupport on 19 Jun 2020 22:15, edited 2 times in total.
TheRedRaider

#46 Post by TheRedRaider » 19 Jun 2020 21:07

The western most black box is actually Texas Tech campus (should have used a different color again :lol:). Most of the industry area is warehouses and shipping facilities, there are a few specialized facilities like this one https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5634518 ... 312!8i6656.
This is a cotton processing plant, could be a pickup/destination site for cotton if we get that in the game. Cotton is king as they say in this part of Texas so that why this could be included.
There is also a winery just south of town called Llano Estacado wineries https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jones ... 01.8729082

Some cool attraction here include
The American Windmill Museum https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5781963 ... 312!8i6656
The Buddy Holly Performing Arts Center (should be done sometime this year. Can't you tell how much we love Buddy) https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5926442 ... 312!8i6656
Jones AT&T Stadium (Texas Tech Football) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jones ... 01.8729082

One more thing, The Coliseum where Tech basketball used to play has recently been destroyed and is now just a grasshttps://www.google.com/maps/@33.5918712 ... 312!8i6656

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try my best to answer them to the best of my ability.
Last edited by TheRedRaider on 19 Jun 2020 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#47 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2020 21:11

Ohhhh yeah. That cotton plant is a must. We definitely need to get that industry going. I will be yelling for this industry a lot in Texas. To me, its just like Oil/gas in Texas. I know there are a few other cotton plants and more fields in West Texas. I hope the devs don't miss out on that industry when Texas comes. Cotton is a must have crop and must have cargo in the US and really thru out the world. I am sure if everyone looked at the tags on their clothes right now, it probably said cotton. There is a nice flow that Cotton brings. To farms we have things that go to them to grow cotton. From farms we have to get them to processing plants. Then to manufacturers to make stuff an then to retail and exporting. Cotton can be a deep as 4-5 different prefabs I bet.
TheRedRaider

#48 Post by TheRedRaider » 19 Jun 2020 21:26

@flight50 I was just gonna say over the next couple of months and probably until Texas is released, I will do my best to get the developers some good information and visuals to help them with this area, and I encourage others across the state to do the same since its such a massive and diverse state.
Voltaire1971

#49 Post by Voltaire1971 » 19 Jun 2020 21:45

A Texas thread already? Man, you guys are desperate. :lol:

But it will be interesting. I enjoy a L.A. - Las Cruces trip down the I-10 and Texas will double the length of that Interstate, making a trip to Houston taking a lot of time. Plus we will be able to drive coast to coast. :D
KnuteOle

#50 Post by KnuteOle » 19 Jun 2020 21:55

I'm tempted to start a Maine thread, but it would probably be frowned upon.

Poor Maine.
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521

Return to “General discussion about the game”